The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not happening until we sell, I think that much is obvious.

What I don't understand is what did Gio's job interview look like if we're still in the position where we have to sell players before we can buy anyone?

Find it hard to believe he was pitched the job and told told he could raise as much funds as he already has, yet still wouldn't have been given a penny to spend.

I’m sure there will be some news within the next week. Surely they are working on their no1 targets and not going down the list for alternatives. Fingers crossed anyway

Not happening until we sell, I think that much is obvious.
Surely that can’t be correct?

I thought H&H hinted he’d have a smallish budget of maybe £6-8m?

If he can’t bring anyone in until we sell it hints that despite the huge financial success of our European run and with fans back in the stadium we’re still in a perilous position, which is really concerning.

A box to box midfielder who can contribute 10-15 goals a season and a right winger are musts for me.

I’m sure getting goals into the side - outwith the main strikers - will be Gio’s priority.
You’ve essentially just described Kevin De Bruyne. I’m certain every team in the world want one of them.

Think those who are looking for us to sign a goalscoring midfielder will be disappointed. The club know what they have in lowry and mccann and IMO won't be signing anyone on 3/4 year contracts in their positions who will stand in the way of their progression.

Arfield and Davis getting new deals is merely to cover the transition of these boys into first team regulars.

I do have a degree of sympathy for the board/Wilson this summer, although this is of there own doing, but there must be a lot of variables at play. Take the Morelos situation hypothetical we could have players we fancy’s player A (2 million) player B (6 million). If the club fires In a purchases player A, then Morelos leaves we may not be able to afford player B who would have been preferred. Alternatively you don’t want to dive in and accept an early bid for Alfie and lose out on a million or two just to get our business done. Quite the balancing act. There is positions that need filled in the squad either way no idea why we seem to be dragging our heels on a Right winger for example. Gio should be kicking door down for cash after the euro run.

Think those who are looking for us to sign a goalscoring midfielder will be disappointed. The club know what they have in lowry and mccann and IMO won't be signing anyone on 3/4 year contracts in their positions who will stand in the way of their progression.

Arfield and Davis getting new deals is merely to cover the transition of these boys into first team regulars.

I agree with this by and large. The model is and should be sell Aribo (or the likes) and replace with a cheap up and coming player or even better with someone like Lowry already waiting in the wings.

I’m all in on Lowry. I am convinced he is a superstar in waiting and want him hitting 30-45 games this season for us. As I’ve posted numerous times I think we will be watching him shine this season thinking what if Gio gave him 20 minutes in Seville.

Just been relegated and he may want top flight football to retain his place in Dutch squad.

Season loan isn’t as daft as you think
He had an agreement with Burnley that he wouldn't be playing in the Championship if they were to be relegated. He mentioned it in an interview and was getting pelters for it because he only scored twice for them. His record prior to joining Burnley was very good though, something like 1 in 2 at his previous 3 clubs. The Championship is a higher level than the SPFL but the fact we'll be playing in Europe in some form this season would be a plus for him, and for his World Cup chances, as well as working under a mostly Dutch management team.

All that said though, I doubt he'd come to us.

I do have a degree of sympathy for the board/Wilson this summer, although this is of there own doing, but there must be a lot of variables at play. Take the Morelos situation hypothetical we could have players we fancy’s player A (2 million) player B (6 million). If the club fires In a purchases player A, then Morelos leaves we may not be able to afford player B who would have been preferred. Alternatively you don’t want to dive in and accept an early bid for Alfie and lose out on a million or two just to get our business done. Quite the balancing act. There is positions that need filled in the squad either way no idea why we seem to be dragging our heels on a Right winger for example. Gio should be kicking door down for cash after the euro run.
You have created that scenario, it probably doesn't reflect at all what is going on. Also, why do you have sympathy for the board; because we haven't signed someone in June?

I agree with this by and large. The model is and should be sell Aribo (or the likes) and replace with a cheap up and coming player or even better with someone like Lowry already waiting in the wings.

I’m all in on Lowry. I am convinced he is a superstar in waiting and want him hitting 30-45 games this season for us. As I’ve posted numerous times I think we will be watching him shine this season thinking what if Gio gave him 20 minutes in Seville.
I agree, this will be the season Lowry arrives on the scene.

Surely that can’t be correct?

I thought H&H hinted he’d have a smallish budget of maybe £6-8m?

If he can’t bring anyone in until we sell it hints that despite the huge financial success of our European run and with fans back in the stadium we’re still in a perilous position, which is really concerning.
Doesn't mean that at all.

Without sales, might have £2M for a right winger. With a big sale, could have £4.5M

No sale does not necessarily mean no budget but GVB may think it's worth hanging fire to see what he has to play with.

Of course all this is really just guesswork right now.

This for me and with hagi to return we don't have much room. Much prefer a starting midfeild to take over jacks roll and play with john

Not sure he’s 28 and goal scoring record is shit overall.
In what world, my man? He's been prolific for basically 5 years, with PAOK the only aside. Any striker can be a poor fit at any given system, but he's clearly a good goalscorer and has bloomed late. I'd be well up for a punt on him for Itten-esque fees.

Not a chance he's coming to be 3rd choice mate.
Think of it this way we play 50/60 games a season we can't keep running Morelos into the ground and Roofe is always a knock away from another lengthy spell on the sidelines doesn't matter where he is in the pecking order if he joins he will get plenty of game time.

In what world, my man? He's been prolific for basically 5 years, with PAOK the only aside. Any striker can be a poor fit at any given system, but he's clearly a good goalscorer and has bloomed late. I'd be well up for a punt on him for Itten-esque fees.
Maybe I’m wrong but seem to have a good season last year and 1 in Croatia, with penalties thrown in initial impression was waste of time. Sounds like I’m totally wrong hopefully.

128 goals in 300 games isn't shit.

Outwith his stint in Greece he has a very good goals/assists record has been prolific in 3 out of the last 4 seasons.

I was underwhelmed initially but as a 3rd choice striker and at the right price it could be a good deal for us.

Cheers I thought he only really had 2 good seasons. Croatian league is awful though in the main.

Hoping for another prso!

Surly in that scenario we work on the basis of Morelos staying, buying a back up. If Morelos goes, we should get a decent fee and use some of that to buy a first choice replacement?

I understand your thinking however. It would be easier if players who are going, go soon.

I think Lowry is an outstanding prospect & hope & expect to see a huge impact this season, but as well as him we still need some freshness in midfield in the shape of a straight into the team player. I know we have numbers in there, & I respect all of them, but none of Jack, Arfield or Davis will give us a full season & I still think Kamara will go with Aribo.

McCann I've yet to be convinced about - I didn't think he stood out for the B team the way Lowry has - is too much being made of him as he's come from Man Utd? Perhaps not, but I have much higher hopes for Lowry at this point.

Think of it this way we play 50/60 games a season we can't keep running Morelos into the ground and Roofe is always a knock away from another lengthy spell on the sidelines doesn't matter where he is in the pecking order if he joins he will get plenty of game time.
You're talking 80k a week + in wages mate when only one of the 3 can start.

Might be wrong but can't see the board sanctioning that.

I think Lowry is an outstanding prospect & hope & expect to see a huge impact this season, but as well as him we still need some freshness in midfield in the shape of a straight into the team player. I know we have numbers in there, & I respect all of them, but none of Jack, Arfield or Davis will give us a full season & I still think Kamara will go with Aribo.

McCann I've yet to be convinced about - I didn't think he stood out for the B team the way Lowry has - is too much being made of him as he's come from Man Utd? Perhaps not, but I have much higher hopes for Lowry at this point.
I agree with you mate in that ideally we could do with a straight into the team signing for next season. But these kind of players only come in on big wages and 3/4 year deals.

Looking beyond this season they just hinder the progress of some of the most exciting young talent we've had in my lifetime.

He isn;t better than our first or second choice, so what else?
It could be an indication that one of Alfie or roofe are away. For me, in an ideal world it would be roofe going and colak seen as a more reliable backup to Alfie.

Just my opinion but if colak was to come in as 3rd choice - we would essentially have 3 players on a first choice striker wage. Not sure we can afford that.

You have created that scenario, it probably doesn't reflect at all what is going on. Also, why do you have sympathy for the board; because we haven't signed someone in June?
Can I just point out that we have indeed signed someone in June- we only forget this because of a pre contract agreement

John Souter from hearts

You’ve essentially just described Kevin De Bruyne. I’m certain every team in the world want one of them.

I’d say it’s all relative, mate.

There are box to box to midfielders who score 10-15 in the Junior Leagues.

We’re maybe looking for a guy a couple of levels above that, and a level or two below De Bruyne:))

I wouldn't be at all surprised if there is hardly any transfer moves until after our CL qualifiers. Qualify and we could get Aribo and co to sign extensions, failure and they might have moves lined up as would Ross Wilson likewise.

They generally don’t exist, especially at our level of the shopping mall.

Most of players lack one thing to make them top level , that’s why they’re at rangers. Helander would be a top defender if it wasn’t for his pace, Tav top right back If it wasn’t for defensive lapses. You get the gist.
The modern fullback has defensive lapses purely because what's asked of them now in an attacking sense. Tav is just a late bloomer.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if there is hardly any transfer moves until after our CL qualifiers. Qualify and we could get Aribo and co to sign extensions, failure and they might have moves lined up as would Ross Wilson likewise.
I think Aribo will be away this week. I also think his replacement will be in the next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back