The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to admit, I am suprised we haven't heard any rumours of a right sided forward or winger coming in (apart from the lazy Diallo rumour).

For me it's the most obvious area we need to buy for.

There's been a few - Odey can play across the front three, Dolan at Blackburn was linked and can play wide right, as could Afolayan who we were heavily linked with for a good while but everything has went quiet on him.

In truth, there's just not a lot of rumours out there at all at the moment.

Keep thinking I'm logging into the Rangers transfer thread but see shite like this and have to double check.
Of the few 'rumours ' we do have people constantly want to compare to that lot f*cking infuriating. F*ck them and their transfer 'dealings'

Whether these are genuine or not they're still rumours about signing for US!!:

Čolak
Lawrence
Botheim
Solbakken?
Winks (non starter imo)
Dallinga (Toulouse bound probably)

Bailey Rice from Motherwell.

We’ve apparently made a bid for him and so has the Shettleston Harriers. If That’s true, he’ll choose us. I’ve been going to the games with his Dad and Uncle for years.
Aye defo , my boy played at Scotland with his wee brother . Man City interested for a bit also if I remember . We seem to be hoovering up that whole age group .

This summer I'd look to sell Barišić. I'm not sure if Aribo is interested in a new deal so we've got to look at moving him on and there has already been rumours.

Kent and Morelos are out of contract next summer. A decision needs made there. They either sign up, we sell or risk losing them for peanuts half way through the season or even worse, for free!

Bassey and Kamara have also been talked amount in terms of moving on - you'd be hoping for £30m in total for those two.
We can't sell them all.
We'll probably lose Aribo and maybe one other.

We need to add goals to the side, that much is obvious. Alex Lowry will help in that respect, I expect him to be more prolific than Aribo but we can't expect a 19yo to pick up all the slack. Another striker/winger who can chip in with double figures is a must.
If Kent is retained we need better numbers from him.

Strikers who run up the numbers in poorer leagues I agree are hard to judge. We saw that up close with Boyd who you would never had near any big game, the Euro games this year for example.

We've also seen guys like Michael Higdon run riot in the SPL.

However, Dortmund took Lewandowski who was scoring for fun in Poland. I'm sure a lot of clubs would have looked at him.

It's trying to predict whether it's just a hot streak, maybe a guy who can find space against poorer defenders or a player that can really catch fire playing with even better players around him.

This is where you need to trust your scouts and get the best possible recruitment team in place.

Thankfully, we're moving to a much stronger place financially. We have to be able to afford some failed signings now and then, because they're inevitable if you want to spend money on players.

If we are to truly work to the model, you would hope that for a, say, 10m sale of Aribo, or a 25m sale of Bassey, we want to replenish the squad with hopefully our next Aribo or Bassey ?

Maybe not one for one but right now where are our next 10-25m players coming from now that our previous ‘era’ have matured ?

I thought that the extension of Davis, Arfield, etc included a factor of influencing the youngsters ?

Of the few 'rumours ' we do have people constantly want to compare to that lot f*cking infuriating. F*ck them and their transfer 'dealings'

Whether these are genuine or not they're still rumours about signing for US!!:

Čolak
Lawrence
Botheim
Solbakken?
Winks (non starter imo)
Dallinga (Toulouse bound probably)
Aye mate that's what I'm interested in. Don't get chance to look at phone at work so log on at breaks and it's jumped a few pages only to have to wade through pages of brain-dead garbage and stuff about them.

Strikers who run up the numbers in poorer leagues I agree are hard to judge. We saw that up close with Boyd who you would never had near any big game, the Euro games this year for example.

We've also seen guys like Michael Higdon run riot in the SPL.

However, Dortmund took Lewandowski who was scoring for fun in Poland. I'm sure a lot of clubs would have looked at him.

It's trying to predict whether it's just a hot streak, maybe a guy who can find space against poorer defenders or a player that can really catch fire playing with even better players around him.
Exactly, analysing players who are tearing up lower leagues is precisely the remit of a club's scouting team as to whether that form can transfer to a higher level. Pulling the Nicky Clark/Lawrence Shankland cliche is unhelpful.

Even worse is some posters falling over themselves to compliment them. The last thread was an embarrassment.

Colak is in Holland with PAOK for pre-season. Looks like we could have a busy few days on flight radar ahead.

We can't sell them all.

We need to add goals to the side, that much is obvious. Alex Lowry will help in that respect, I expect him to be more prolific than Aribo
I need to calm it down regarding wee man to be honest . But that Hearts finish , was just , different , only the top can operate with that thought process .

If we are to truly work to the model, you would hope that for a, say, 10m sale of Aribo, or a 25m sale of Bassey, we want to replenish the squad with hopefully our next Aribo or Bassey ?

Maybe not one for one but right now where are our next 10-25m players coming from now that our previous ‘era’ have matured ?

I thought that the extension of Davis, Arfield, etc included a factor of influencing the youngsters ?

I think we're looking at some very promising youngsters coming through, which will ease the burden on the need for new transfers. Davis and Arfield have definitely been kept for the year (and Arfield may end up going longer than that) with that transition in mind.

But it's worth remembering that Bassey and Aribo cost us next to nothing in transfer fees. There's a real desire from people to see millions spent when it's not necessarily required. Kamara, Morelos, Aribo and Bassey cost us less than £2m in transfer fees overall and could very well make us about £50m if we sold them all this summer.

I also think we may see some of the players just stay long term rather than move on. One big sale this summer would be enough if others extended their stay.

Greek site sport24 saying there's a bit of truth in what's being written here but PAOK want €3m for him.
It was €2m yesterday, if it's going to be a case of they raise it by a mil everyday then this could be pointless endeavour.

I think we're looking at some very promising youngsters coming through, which will ease the burden on the need for new transfers. Davis and Arfield have definitely been kept for the year (and Arfield may end up going longer than that) with that transition in mind.

But it's worth remembering that Bassey and Aribo cost us next to nothing in transfer fees. There's a real desire from people to see millions spent when it's not necessarily required. Kamara, Morelos, Aribo and Bassey cost us less than £2m in transfer fees overall and could very well make us about £50m if we sold them all this summer.

I also think we may see some of the players just stay long term rather than move on. One big sale this summer would be enough if others extended their stay.
We're going to see more players running down their contracts at all levels. It makes perfect sense financially, for the players.

cash in now on possible big fees or could have a Buff situation with value dropping £10Million at least

We can't sell them all.

We need to add goals to the side, that much is obvious. Alex Lowry will help in that respect, I expect him to be more prolific than Aribo but we can't expect a 19yo to pick up all the slack. Another striker/winger who can chip in with double figures is a must.
If Kent is retained we need better numbers from him.

A lot of top players had broken through long before they were 19.

I’m pretty confident this Colak rumour may well be true I’m sure we will be well on our way with other targets too. The last couple of seasons we have done a lot of our business with the media not getting a sniff until the player has signed or a day or 2 before

If we're selling, then portion probably goes to extend the likes of Bassey and Kent to protect our investments and maintain a semblance of continuity in the squad?

Yes, but we got Bassey, Joe & Glen for a total of 2.3m Dogbert ?

We’ve done great there, and hopefully keep pulling rabbits from hats ?

What's the word on Morelos fitness. Ready for pre-season matches?

If not, we need a striker in as there is no way Roofe can be relied upon to play pre-season matches, Livingston away then lead the line in Champions League qualifiers.

If we're selling, then portion probably goes to extend the likes of Bassey and Kent to protect our investments and maintain a semblance of continuity in the squad?
Exactly - if selling one player who is coming to the end of their contract allows us to extend a couple of others it would be great business. The full budget doesn't have to be spent on transfer fees in order for it to be a successful window (Goldson being a prime example of that).

When it comes to Colak, not one of us would have turned our nose up at us signing him before the window closed last August after his performance against us at Ibrox.

He ripped Goldson and Balogun to bits in that second half. Not many have done that in Scotland or in the Europa League. His second goal was superb.

What was more impressive was he done it when being the lone striker playing with 10 men.

This is exactly the kind of striker we need and should be going for. He’ll hit the ground running for us as well.

It was €2m yesterday, if it's going to be a case of they raise it by a mil everyday then this could be pointless endeavour.

If you put it in chrome and do the translation then be able to read it but that's the price mentioned in the article.

It's impossible to judge early signings because we don't have the full picture, we don't know how the “outs” are looking and we don’t know what “ins” are being worked on.

I still think it's about 50/50 whether he stays or goes.

Personally, I hope he signs a new extended deal and stays, but if he leaves, then we 100% can afford to replace him and we've replaced far better players than Alfredo in the past.

No player is bigger than our club and while we'll remember him fondly, as supporters we move on quickly.
He's the one I really hope extends his stay.
He's absolutely pivotal to the way we want to play.

What's the word on Morelos fitness. Ready for pre-season matches?

If not, we need a striker in as there is no way Roofe can be relied upon to play pre-season matches, Livingston away then lead the line in Champions League qualifiers.

Looks like he's still on gym work only, no sign of on the pitch anywhere yesterday, could be a fair bit away yet... which putting it mildly is a slight worry ahead of the CL games.

If you put it in chrome and do the translation then be able to read it but that's the price mentioned in the article.
They seems to be using that Scott Burns article as the source

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back