The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Colak is our “first choice target” (Sun, I know) then he isn’t going to be third choice.

He's not, the way that term is being thrown around is senseless.

We've got a few areas that need addressed, the fact that Colak has been out first priority and we're spending over £2m to get him tells you he's not a '3rd choice'.

Hope this young chap makes it with us based on nothing other than him making an effort with his outfit.

Far too often do you see the young team signing contracts in tracksuits, and despite young Mason making an arse of his tie, I appreciate his efforts.
That's what got my attention mate. A decent wardrobe is essential. First thing to check is shoes polished or not, then a YouTube video of his walk in wardrobe, finally a shopping trip with our head valet to ensure he can dress smartly under pressure.

I’m going to go out on one and say if we sign Colak, he will be top scorer on Scotland this coming season.

I think he has the game to do well in our league.

Said that in the last transfer thread that was closed/cleaned up. I think he’ll have a hand in 20/25 goals (given a proper chance). Looks like a striker that bangs them in - also likes to delivers balls from wide right (that may change in our system). Good hold up, physical presence, likes a dig at goal, strong in the air, creates space for himself inside the box. Hits a good penalty too although we’ve got Tavernier.

Defending wasn’t great against Malmö but he took his goals well. Bullied Balogun on a number of occasions and he’s no soft touch.

Aribo improved with us, we won't necessarily be signing someone as he is right now.
Again.

Aribo is a good player, no more no less and if we get 10 million for him I will be over the moon as I think we have conditioned ourselves as a fan base to accept what we have right now as the best we are ever going to get.

I poster previously that the role Aribo plays and especially in Scotland he should be banging in 10-15 goals a season but he never has and for me goes missing against them far to much.

Get the money in and spend 6 million on a midfielder and see the difference

We have Alfie for that but maybe Alfie and Colak would be the perfect partners
Alfie, doesnt play well with a partner, the closed we've seen was the 4-1 OF game 2021 with Roofe playing more central to him. It was great but I don't take too much stalk into dead rubber OF games

Colak probably will be our first signing of the window.

Ross Wilson has built a team of scouts across Europe.

Colak might turn out to be a good addition however it’s hardly a stretch to consider extensive “scouting” has been undertaken.

We’ve had a prominent scout in Poland for a few years now and the most he has come back with is a back-up right back that went missing.

Colak might turn out to be a good addition however it’s hardly a stretch to consider extensive “scouting” has been undertaken.

We’ve had a prominent scout in Poland for a few years now and the most he has come back with is a back-up right back that went missing.
You referring to Zukowski? he's just returned from injury

You mean that was injured? Hardly missing behind the best right back in the country, by miles.

Colak played well against us.

Akin to Barisic, even O’Halloran.

And by all accounts we’re in for Botheim (and maybe Solbakken) after they played well against our rivals.

I do giggle at our scouts watching our own games and just going “f*ck it, add him to the list!” :D

Last edited:

And by all accounts we’re in for Botheim (and maybe Solbakken) after they played well against our rivals.

I do giggle at our scouts watching our own games and just going “f*ck it, add him to the list!”
We still in for Botheim?

I do giggle at our scouts watching our own games and just going “f*ck it, add him to the list!”
Aye nothing to do with his brilliant goal record. If reports are believed we were interested in him over a year before he even played us which adds up considering we scouted Croatia a fair bit.

Botheim didn't even play against them either so you've made a lady's front bottom of that one as well.

Aye nothing to do with his brilliant goal record. If reports are believed we were interested in him over a year before he even played us which adds up considering we scouted Croatia a fair bit.

Botheim didn't even play against them either so you've made a lady's front bottom of that one as well.
We were loosely linked with him at the start of Gerrards reign

I thought that he was decent tbf, but we have to be careful using trophies as a barometer for a players ability. Scott Brown hung about like a bad smell for years and won a rake of trophies, he's utterly hopeless.
Personally I'd have him above decent.. but yeah I mean he was no Maldini, & certainly nowhere near useless as the poster was claiming lol..

As for Scott Brown, possibly one of the luckiest son's of a .... that there's ever likely to be..

A development player that got injured you mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back