The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
FOUR Euro clubs are keen to beat Rangers to sign Antonio Colak.

SunSport understands the PAOK striker is a target for Copenhagen, Panathinaikos, Real Mallorca and his former club Malmo as the race for the £2.5million-rated Croatian international, 28, hots up.

But it’s understood the Light Blues remain favourites with the frontman clear Ibrox is his favoured destination if a deal can be agreed with the Greeks.

Where’s this from?

I thought Malmo didn’t want him/couldn’t afford him. Bit weird they are now back in for him. I’m calling whoppers on this one.

Where’s this from?

I thought Malmo didn’t want him/couldn’t afford him. Bit weird they are now back in for him. I’m calling whoppers on this one.

I can only assume they couldn’t afford him. Did well for them by all accounts.

Couldn't sell Dembele, Edouard or Julien when they wanted to.

Can't shift Barkas either.

They are just much better at managing the narrative.

Yeah, they've had plenty of what some would call failures that way as well.

Knocked back millions for Boyata and Bitton, lost both on free transfers. Rogic was at one point being touted as worth millions, left for free. Sinclair didn't make them any sort of money when that was one they expected to do well from. And as you say, players like Jullien, Barkas, Bolingoli and Ajeti have been costly overall.

Clearly they've done well selling Dembele, Tierney and Frimpong when they did, and got not bad fees for Ajer and Edouard (much lower than they thought they would however), but it's not all been success stories at all.

30 odd new pages this morning, no real substantial news sadly!

Really had hoped we'd be doing quick business. Almost feels like we're waiting for one out for a big fee before we do anything.

You'd have to imagine we have other options than Colak lined up just incase this transfer doesn't go through. Now should be the time to take a look at them. Leave our bid on the table and inquire about how much we could get plan B or plan C for. Don't think we should drag this out any longer if what the club say about PAOK moving the goalposts is true.

I'm not even convinced that "PAOK moving the goalposts" is what's happening. It's probably just a bit of club spin incase we don't get him, when it seems as if both clubs are playing hardball.

Shouldn't matter too much though as long as we have other options right?

I think it’s ok to maybe start to question why we haven’t brought anyone in so far since the window opened and pre season has already begun.

The lack of activity imo screams we need to sell before we buy that’s why we are basically trying to get the big Croatian striker for the Itten money.

Anyone else who wasn’t initially that worried getting a bit tetchy ?

I think there are probably so many player options out there that the Club are a little reluctant to commit too early - better options/value may come later in the window.

Colak at 2m seems a good shout, though, in terms of what we're after.

These options are also delaying a potential sale. For example, a team looking at Aribo for 10m is likely weighing up other players in a similar price range.

Worth noting that there may be a bit of agent spin on that story to try and force through a deal.

Heckingbottom at Sheffield United was just talking about how he's seen their name used for exactly that more than once this summer - a number of players the media have linked them with who are talking to other clubs that they've made no contact with whatsoever.

We see our name used loads that way as well, especially with French players for some reason!

Lets be honest. Nobody has a clue what's going on.
Our club are as tight as a camels arse in a sandstorm with leaks.
Rhags are full of speculation or pish they pulled from twatter etc.
Posters here are reduced to hunches or kid on itk shit.
Even sky got it wrong today.
Maybe something in Colak interest but until the club say something , I won't be getting over excited.

If we don't get Colak over the line, the fallout is going to be pretty spectacular isn't it ?

It really shouldn't be for anyone thinking with a sensible head. End of the day Colak is being looked at as a supplemental striker to Roofe and Morelos right now. He isn't the be all and end all of our transfer window. Should be plenty of other options out there we could look at for a similar role.

They’ve had a poor start to the league, but early days. Still 2 titles in a row where they absolutely blew everyone out the water most weeks. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them there or thereabouts come the end of the season.

All from a team from a place the size of Cumbernauld, it shouldn’t be remotely possible, so there must be something in what they’re doing.

Yes, the manager changed the entire set up.

Selling one or two players doesn't necessarily mean ripping up the blueprint or destroying the squad harmony. It's true they're a close bunch, but clubs do this every season. We've lost hugely popular guys like Defoe and even Katic over the years, yet still the squad moves on. Someone like Roofe is a huge presence right now, and he came in fairly late.

Klopp is an absolute master of it. Sold a real team leader in Gini Winjanaldum, yet brought in the likes of Diaz and Konte who were adopted by the group and really freshened the place up.

I think there's a bit of a tension between fans who want a complete revolution and others who are terrified of losing guys they've become accustomed to over the years. There's a middle ground.

This summer was the perfect time to go that wee further for me. Replace 2, even 3 big personalties, but still have that core there. As it stands, we're in this weird limbo situation where it's hard to tell where Gerrard's team ends and Gio's begins.

Talking different levels there though mate

I hope so mate I think he would suit our league but the fact they played him tonight tells me we aren’t close because no team would risk a transfer for a half a game in a friendly.

It was 45 minutes in a pre season friendly. I wouldn't read too much into it. Just means the deal isn't done yet, unlike we were led to believe earlier today.

I reckon it'll draw to a conclusion in the next day or so. Hold up is likely they haven't got a replacement lined up yet. By all accounts the player is keen to come and Rangers are keen to get the deal across the line. Doubt we'll deal with PAOK again in a hurry though tbh. One thing to leak info to the press, another thing entirely to mess us about and shift the goal posts at the last minute.

Quite rightly.
I’d say in this case, it’s the Greeks pissing about.

However, we can also say we have started this window ever so slowly and are on the backfoot.

This guy is coming in as basically second choice striker, how will things go when we are looking at those top of our list as starters.

I’d say in this case, it’s the Greeks pissing about.

However, we can also say we have started this window ever so slowly and are on the backfoot.

This guy is coming in as basically second choice striker, how will things go when we are looking at those top of our list as starters.

AEK Athens messed that mob about during the Barkas deal. Must be the done thing over there, I guess.

PAOK manager confirming after the game a bid has been made for Colak and need to see what happens in the next couple of days. Sounds like he wants a replacement before he let's him go.

About 7 minutes in he talks about it.
This is a great spot. Clears things up what is happening. They have received a offer and Colak wants to come, but they will be left with 1 striker with games coming so looking for a replacement.

To be honest, if it’s true that they have accepted a bid then opted to change the agreement, it’s hard to criticise the club.
Agree totally.
If we walk away now, I think club would be correct to do so.

However, if he doesn't sign we will see hysteria galore.

This is a great spot. Clears things up what is happening. They have received a offer and Colak and he wants to come, but they will be left with 1 striker with games coming so looking for a replacement.

Yeah says its an important offer for Colak so to me sounds like he does want to come here but he did make a point about being short if they let him go.

The atmosphere of desperation is palpable on here at present :D
Hopefully the club as per usual these last few years are running a tight ship with no leaks and the wheels are in motion for our signing targets.

This should be an easy transfer to conclude. I am not for just paying anything but when you are 3 or 400k apart just get it done.

It was the same with Souttar in January.

From what their manager has said tonight it sounds like they want a replacement before letting him go.

Guess we'll need to wait and see, can't say I'm too well versed on the dealings of PAOK tbh, no idea if they are signing a replacement soon.

Just want the deal done so everybody calms the hell down a wee bit. Probably asking for too much :))

I actually don't mean this to be argumentative or dismissive of your concerns.

But you, along with many others pedal this out about the European run, the Patterson sale..

We are not, & have not been in a good financial position for years. Double digit years. Literally.

One record breaking season for turnover doesn't make that all go away. It helps, but it's not a magic wand.

There no fairytale investor waiting in the wings either.

Yes we all want signings & yes we would like to see something soon. Hopefully it will.

The 'it's not good enough' narrative though, with all due respect, makes you come across like a spoiled wane.

Don’t want to get drawn into an argument and appreciate your comments as well however the “not good enough” comment I made was a result of history repeating itself if we don’t make the champions league by failing to invest properly in the team, an argument that was made last summer also.

I also think it would be wholly unfair on Gio to not have any significant financial backing in this market considering there was minimal spend in January.

We’re stale from a player trading perspective though. It looks like we’ve just about broken even with a Europa final appearance. On the basis we won’t do that every year, we need to sell.

We could be going into next summer losing 3 of our biggest assets for nothing, and that’s not something we can afford to happen.

I’m not talking about Bodo or Midtjylland in terms of levels, I’d expect to beat both sides, but relative to how the operate in their perspective leagues, they punch well above their weight.

I expect us to sell one of our 1 year contract remaining players (likely Aribo) and extend Morelos and Kent's contracts.

With £10 million being the likely fee, I'd say we'd probably have half of that, plus another £6-£8 million available to spend on strengthening and freshening up the starting 11.

Moving on one or two players per season for good money is a more workable business model in terms of team performance as well as club finances imo.

I expect us to sell one of our 1 year contract remaining players (likely Aribo) and extend Morelos and Kent's contracts.

With £10 million being the likely fee, I'd say we'd probably have half of that, plus another £6-£8 million available to spend on strengthening and freshening up the starting 11.

Moving on one or two players per season for good money is a more workable business model in terms of team performance as well as club finances imo.

Hopefully mate. I’m very fond of all 3, but realistically we can’t let any of them go for nothing.

The atmosphere of desperation is palpable on here at present :D
Hopefully the club as per usual these last few years are running a tight ship with no leaks and the wheels are in motion for our signing targets.
You say we’ve been running a tight ship as if every transfer we’ve made has been successful and we’ve maximised profit where possible.

I’d wait until we see what happens with our ‘big three’ who have a year left before deciding how tightly this ship is being run.

This should be an easy transfer to conclude. I am not for just paying anything but when you are 3 or 400k apart just get it done.

It was the same with Souttar in January.

They want a replacement lined up before he goes. It's nowhere near the same situation as Souttar in January. We want the deal done but they are holding things up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back