The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This lads meant to be an immense talent. Loving the way pur academy is operating these days.
The academy recruitment has been very aggressive this year.

I was reading on here yesterday it is because that age group isn't that great/haven't played enough games.

We are doing to smaller teams what EPL clubs do to us.

UCL $17.7 guaranteed for qualifying.
We got $17.1m for getting to the final plus tv money so probably about $20m.
Even losing in the semi final would have meant less than their guaranteed money.
We must win the league this season.
We also got around £15m from tickets for all the home games we had.

Great news. Our very own @elfideldo mentioned the other day that he was a very good player and we'd do well to stave off fierce completion from down South.

Dhims were in for him as well but Bailey, and his family, are all Bears so they were never in the running.

Welcome aboard young man. Go make yourself a hero.
Is your mate spewing? :))

When did football become about who can sell players for the most money?

I understand the concept of buying players with potential and cashing in when the time is right, but Fck me some of our fans and theirs seem to have fallen into a “ we have more money than you, we sold a player for more than you” mindset .

It’s football, it’s meant to be enjoyable. It’s a sport.
Well said mate. This forum is becoming more like a business meeting, funnily enough from people who have never worked in the game.

I've got a new strategy for selling players. Bring in a negotiator complete with ak47 and tell them to get their arse out the door. Don't f**k with us by running down your contract as we need the cash.

Our academy has transformed incredibly since Wilson came in, him and Mulholland work very well together.

It’s by far the best it’s ever been Imo.

Couldnt agree more mate. We are producing more players that are comfortable on the ball than at any time in my life. Patterson, Gilmour are gone, but they were pure footballers first and foremost. Same with those on the cusp. King and of course Lowry, who would have blended in at La Masia without anyone being able to tell he was Scottish.

The philosophy has changed and its bearing some really nice fruit. Delighted with the academy

Is this the boy their chairman was going tonto over?
That’s
Lancelot pollard (Aberdeen)
Cameron Cooper (Patrick Thistle)
Kieron Willox (Inverness)
Paul Nsio (Lambeth Tigers)
Souleyman Mandey (Pulse Academy)
Mason Munn (Glentoran)
Bailey Rice (Motherwell)
All signed for u18s
and supposedly Cameron Bell from Everton is close.

Have we ever brought this many players into the u18s before? Will be very interesting how they get on.

Well said mate. This forum is becoming more like a business meeting, funnily enough from people who have never worked in the game.

I've got a new strategy for selling players. Bring in a negotiator complete with ak47 and tell them to get their arse out the door. Don't f**k with us by running down your contract as we need the cash.
I know you’re a relatively older chap, having watched us through the early 80s and such, are you just used to the hysteria these days? :))

Is your mate spewing? :))
Ha ha, he's probably the most sensible Motherwell fan out there. He understands that we will do it to them and, in return, the EPL will do it to us. All he's fussed about is getting the appropriate compensation. They've actually done pretty well out of their Youth setup over the last 5 years or so. I hear they are trying to get the young lad McKinstry, who they lost to Leeds, back on loan for the season - though it looks more likely he will go to a League 2 club.

Who were the other two players we were interested in from down south, one of them was Cameron Bell but I forgot the other.

Zak Lovelace? The young guy from Milwall?

Excellent work being done at youth level, a lot of posters getting hung up over a player trading model and people getting tunnel vision on this just happening at first team level. We've made a number of impressive youth signings with more to happen.

I reckon next season we will see a lot of Lowry, King will feature regularly and depending upon how he gets on at Killie - could see Mayo feature regularly the season after, with a number of talented youngsters already there evidenced by the final league game against Hears and the new signings being brought in to the B team.

Of course we need a fair wind and a bit of luck in regards to player progression, staying injury free etc. But I don't think it would be unrealistic to think that in 3 seasons time we could have perhaps 6+ academy products contributing regularly to our first team squad.

Zak Lovelace? The young guy from Milwall?

Excellent work being done at youth level, a lot of posters getting hung up over a player trading model and people getting tunnel vision on this just happening at first team level. We've made a number of impressive youth signings with more to happen.

I reckon next season we will see a lot of Lowry, King will feature regularly and depending upon how he gets on at Killie - could see Mayo feature regularly the season after, with a number of talented youngsters already there evidenced by the final league game against Hears and the new signings being brought in to the B team.

Of course we need a fair wind and a bit of luck in regards to player progression, staying injury free etc. But I don't think it would be unrealistic to think that in 3 seasons time we could have perhaps 6+ academy products contributing regularly to our first team squad.
Nah I assumed Lovelace would be going into the B team. I'm sure someone mentioned there was another Scotland international we were in talks with from down south besides Cameron Bell, maybe I'm wrong.

Ha ha, he's probably the most sensible Motherwell fan out there. He understands that we will do it to them and, in return, the EPL will do it to us. All he's fussed about is getting the appropriate compensation. They've actually done pretty well out of their Youth setup over the last 5 years or so. I hear they are trying to get the young lad McKinstry, who they lost to Leeds, back on loan for the season - though it looks more likely he will go to a League 2 club.
My mates wee brother was in their academy for years, left to join Dumbarton for game time a year or two ago. He liked his time there but said it was essentially closed for about a year due to the Covid patter.

My mates wee brother was in their academy for years, left to join Dumbarton for game time a year or two ago. He liked his time there but said it was essentially closed for about a year due to the Covid patter.
Yeah, I think they shut down completely at that level. Can't have been easy for the kids. All the more credit to those, like Bailey Rice, who came back from that and still shone. Very highly regarded from what I can gather.

That’s
Mason Munn (Glentoran)
Bailey Rice (Motherwell)
All signed for u18s

Have we ever brought this many players into the u18s before? Will be very interesting how they get on.
We were really short in numbers at U18's and not many u16's were retained.

Numbers were required and we have taken a punt of a few players at little cost.

Significant development fees would have been spent on Bailey Rice and Zak Lovelace.

Lancelot Pollard also would have cost a decent development fee but as an 2007 (U16 this season) he will at best be on the fringes of the U18's.

That’s
Mason Munn (Glentoran)
Bailey Rice (Motherwell)
All signed for u18s

This is great to see. The next MASSIVE step though is how we start getting the academy boys integrated into more 1st team game time.
With 5 subs it should definitely be possible.
I’d argue that in home games against teams in the bottoms half we should be able to give the odd youngster a start.

Lowry has definitely shown he looks like the real deal but given our overall financial position bringing through our own talent should be a key tenet of our plan.

We’ll lose them otherwise and it won’t be as easy to attract the next lot.

We are stacking up on talent in the youth set up , bodes well for the future. Signing Colak and a few more hopefully we are looking after the here and now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back