The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gio is hardly going to pick fights with the man who appointed him 6 months ago is he?

Are people just looking for any possible reason to moan and double down on it?

You don't have a f*ckin clue what Gio and Ross Wilson agreed on when it comes to renewals. Considering Gio mentioned several times last season how important he felt Davis and Arfield were to his squad and dressing room he, OF COURSE, wanted their contracts extended.

Was abso-f*ckin-lutely nothing to do with Davis's time at Southampton or Arfield's at Falkirk.

Jesus man honestly just shut up. You're going on ignore. Too daft to reply to again.

I know you’re a relatively older chap, having watched us through the early 80s and such, are you just used to the hysteria these days? :))
I blame social media mate. There was a sense of excitement, especially when butcher and the rest signed and also gazza for obvious reasons.

Tbh if I went down the boozer and started talking about our model regarding signings, I'd be ordered to stand in the corner.

Don't remember everyone going nuts because we aren't out the starting blocks to sign players. As I proved regarding players being ready for the cl. Laudrup and Boli were signed with plenty time left, but still we got our arses felt by aek athens. In fact a poster pointed out, we were knocked out the league cup by Falkirk the same week.

Signings aren't a guarantee. Boli never worked out, Laudrup on the other hand.

Ross Wilson is close with Scott Arfield from his Falkirk days and knows Steven Davis well from Southampton. They were always getting new deals

You genuinely don't believe that? Whats the reason for McGregor then?

You think Gio has no say in who or who doesn't get a deal?

I know that things move quickly.. but how on earth can we sell Patterson, get money for Gerrard and get the cash that comes with getting to the EL final and not be able to push on? Having said that a few players need flipped but I just feel as if — very much from the outside— we are going to have a summer like the last one.
Read our financials from the last few years.

It's not like the board are hogging 20m for a rainy day.

“…Colak is expected to get the green light to move to Scotland as soon as PAOK feel the time is right.”

Very confused by PAOK’s stance on this.. it’s pre season?! They’ve got about a month and a half to find a replacement

They only have 1 striker if they let him go they want a replacement for him.

That’s
Lancelot pollard (Aberdeen)
Cameron Cooper (Patrick Thistle)
Kieron Willox (Inverness)
Paul Nsio (Lambeth Tigers)
Souleyman Mandey (Pulse Academy)
Mason Munn (Glentoran)
Bailey Rice (Motherwell)
All signed for u18s
and supposedly Cameron Bell from Everton is close.

Have we ever brought this many players into the u18s before? Will be very interesting how they get on.
Be good if we could pinch the boy barron from the sheep but would be a toughie.

Chris Jack’s a total panic merchant so he is
It is something we have to be wary of but the good news this season is that it is starting earlier for everyone so there’s less chance of us getting a team that’s already 10 games into their season when we’ve hardly played a competitive game.

“…Colak is expected to get the green light to move to Scotland as soon as PAOK feel the time is right.”

Very confused by PAOK’s stance on this.. it’s pre season?! They’ve got about a month and a half to find a replacement
Play Levski Sofia 3 weeks today in a europa conference qualifier.

They only have 1 striker if they let him go they want a replacement for him.
You can understand the PAOK manager’s position.
HIS board may be happy to sell but the manager will be unhappy not to have a replacement in place before he allows Colak to leave.

Really impressed by the way were handling our recruitment at under-18 level.

Seems very planned and targeted.
I think it shows how important we believe the academy is.

We can't compete with the top academy's in terms of money but if we can prove that there's a good opportunity for players to join us, play first team football maybe even at European level then it could be the difference.

I think their excuse of lack of strikers also is a bit thin. Quick scan of their squad list on their own site and there’s a number on their books

Only one I can see them being linked with recently is a loan for Anastasios Donis at Reims. Latest word was they were expecting him in by Monday 27th but no confirmation that's happened.

You can understand the PAOK manager’s position.
HIS board may be happy to sell but the manager will be unhappy not to have a replacement in place before he allows Colak to leave.

Yeah pretty much what he said last night after the game that it's difficult for them to replace.

This is great to see. The next MASSIVE step though is how we start getting the academy boys integrated into more 1st team game time.
With 5 subs it should definitely be possible.
I’d argue that in home games against teams in the bottoms half we should be able to give the odd youngster a start.

Lowry has definitely shown he looks like the real deal but given our overall financial position bringing through our own talent should be a key tenet of our plan.

We’ll lose them otherwise and it won’t be as easy to attract the next lot.
this all day, that without a doubt should be our long game

Ross Wilson is close with Scott Arfield from his Falkirk days and knows Steven Davis well from Southampton. They were always getting new deals
And would have worked with Arfield at Huddersfield. You could be on to something here.

Of course, that would be overlooking the fact that Wilson released Arfield only one year in to his DoF role at Huddersfield.

Imagine our players read follow follow and in particular this bombscare of a thread. Honestly cringe.

Almost as mental as the fact he was the DoF when Arfield left Huddersfield for Burnley. Surely he wouldn’t let his pal just leave
Arfield was released at Huddersfield, Not allowed to leave as such.

Doesn't help the "auld pals" argument right enough.

Maybe because Wilson doesn’t have the final say in who gets signed. The manager does. Always. So maybe Southampton managers didn’t fancy him.

Amazing how many on here don’t understand his role.
Can we keep things relevant to transfers please instead of silly arguing like this, if you have a mental view on Ross Wilson, perhaps create a thread for it?

So, Colak plus a right winger at least. If we sell nobody then that squad wins the league. If we sell someone then reinvest in a couple of players and then that squad wins the league.

So, to summarise, chill out everyone. We will win the league.

We need a goal scoring RW.

All the players we have who can play there don't score enough goals. Wright, Hagi and Aribo etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back