The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read it

Still nothing to say there shouldn't be substantial investment in the first team after getting 16m for Patterson 4m from Gerrard, reaching a european final and having guaranteed european group stage football next season
Do you imagine Gio and his staff and the replacement when he comes for Patterson will come for pennies?

Perhaps they have been? We needed 7m to see the season out, will make a record amount but we have loans to pay back and ashley to pay off. Nobody knows what our budget is for players but the fact the seem willing to buy a striker and a RW before sales should leave people confident and consoled, not in a state of hyperventilating. The club is in good hands
They are buying Colak with the Itten money so a sale has been made to facilitate the move and for the record I'd love If the club cherry picked the best free agents and cross border deals each season without spending millions as long as the team on the park is successful

Why is it so bad that we've kept players like Tavernier, Goldson, Barisic, Aribo, Kamara, Morelos, Jack and Kent at the club? They're good players who have improved in their time with us and are nowhere near done.

This criticism of us keeping a squad together just seems strange to me. It's a strong squad. To genuinely improve upon what we have would cost far more than we'll ever spend, but we will see a couple of players in that will strengthen certain areas of the squad.

As for the finances, we'll see how that goes. I still believe many of our fans are in for a shock when they see the running costs for the last year due to the high number of games and bonuses we'll have paid out to players. We also deferred costs last year that will need to be paid this time around.

Probably fair to say he knew what the financial situation was when taking over but if you'd have said to him at the time that he'd take us to a European final with the biggest turnover ever in the clubs history and still be given relatively nothing to spend after I'm not sure he would have been happy about it.

He's now being asked to qualify for the Champions league which is very difficult or take the club for a long run in the Europa plus take on a yahoo side that might spend £20-25m this summer while having a budget of a couple of million himself.
I'd love us to be able to spend a right few quid mate
But no one knows what we have to spend ,it's all just noise and speculation on places like this
Which as I posted earlier is just how well we run things now ,not all our business constantly leaked to the media ,which was the case just a few short years ago.

Also as it stands we still have a team who took us to a European final ,who have the experience,desire and ability to do well in Europe.and there wasn't huge amounts spent doing this.
Again none of us know the contract situations of some of our players,who is being targeted to come in or who is leaving .
The team needs fresh talent no doubt as it gives everyone a lift .
but I honestly don't think the board are going to try and placate us with a couple of free transfers and the like
I think because there hasn't been a lot of movement as yet people are getting concerned .

Maybe we should tell PAOK that the offer is there and they have two days to take it up or we are offski. No ifs and or buts.

Probably fair to say he knew what the financial situation was when taking over but if you'd have said to him at the time that he'd take us to a European final with the biggest turnover ever in the clubs history and still be given relatively nothing to spend after I'm not sure he would have been happy about it.

He's now being asked to qualify for the Champions league which is very difficult or take the club for a long run in the Europa plus take on a yahoo side that might spend £20-25m this summer while having a budget of a couple of million himself.
We don't know how much he can spend ,as Rangers are as tight as a duck's ass with regard to leaks abour trades etc. The mhedia are going nuts guessing and having disordered dreams about who to mention next. Who broke the Kolak stuff? Where did it come from?

I know that it is great to speculate ,but as Sherlock Holmes once said, "it is a capital mistake to speculate before one is in posession of all the facts"

This race has a long way to run and we are only at the first bend.

I’m not worried about the window just yet, just really hope we’ve addressed the 2 key problems of the squad (right wing/striker) before the CL qualifiers and then we can further improve if needed based on the outcome.

Can imagine the staff are working hard to offload a number of fringe players also.

Haven't you heard of football manager? Too many on here believe that's how pre season should be.
Have you watched football? The majority of football clubs like their business done early so everything can be bedded in and we hit the new season running.

That's not a football manager thing, that's a football thing. Most clubs want transfers done early.

Have you watched football? The majority of football clubs like their business done early so everything can be bedded in and we hit the new season running.

That's not a football manager thing, that's a football thing. Most clubs want transfers done early
Come on - We are in a slightly different position due to the (I would guess) imminent sale of prized asset(s).

Why is it so bad that we've kept players like Tavernier, Goldson, Barisic, Aribo, Kamara, Morelos, Jack and Kent at the club? They're good players who have improved in their time with us and are nowhere near done.

This criticism of us keeping a squad together just seems strange to me. It's a strong squad. To genuinely improve upon what we have would cost far more than we'll ever spend, but we will see a couple of players in that will strengthen certain areas of the squad.

As for the finances, we'll see how that goes. I still believe many of our fans are in for a shock when they see the running costs for the last year due to the high number of games and bonuses we'll have paid out to players. We also deferred costs last year that will need to be paid this time around.
Because Morelos, Kent and Aribo are entering the last year of their deals and we risk losing them for nothing so unless they sign new deals then it's a massive issue.

I have read it

Still nothing to say there shouldn't be substantial investment in the first team after getting 16m for Patterson 4m from Gerrard, reaching a european final and having guaranteed european group stage football next season
Spending now impacts for years to come and since we don't know what % we are sitting at its really hard to gauge how much we have available. I am going to assume even with the revenue we made this year that we are close or above the 70% and that's why we are signing so many youth prospects. No matter how much we hate it we may have to get used to very limited spending going forward.

Come on - We are in a slightly different position due to the (I would guess) imminent sale of prized asset(s).
I understand our situation by the way, we've got debts and losses and need to recoup and sell assets before we'd have a meaningful budget.

My point was that it's not a football manager thing to want signings in early.

It's a basic thing in football, the majority of clubs want players in the door quick as possible.

Going to have some team in 2030 when all this weeks new signings grow up.
Until some pish from the premier League come in and snatch them before they get near the first team. I guess we can't complain though , that's exactly what we've done to other clubs to get them here

That's not a football manager thing, that's a football thing. Most clubs want transfers done early.

We're in the process of signing a striker as Itten left and have signed John Souttar to replace Balogun, arguably 2 upgrades already. Our squad is very settled and very well balanced so we don't need to rush to buy anyone.

Like I say though, too many people spend far, far too much time playing football manager and believe it should be signing after signing after signing.

Said it the other day I just think too many of our support have the absolute blinkers on because of recent performances in Europe. That certainly won't continue if we are fishing around the £2-3m total market every summer now.

Questions need to be asked of Ross Wilson like how can a bottom six club like Aberdeen attract a fee of potentially £8m for a player yet we can't get serious bids for European finalists?

The board as well should just come out and be honest on financial state of the club as fans are being asked for season tickets, merchandise, friendlies, European games, travel, club TV subscriptions and we are watching the same core of players from 3/4 years back most weeks.
Some fans do indeed have blinkers on.

There have been multiple occasions where the board have been honest about the financial state of the club, which leaves some options here.. either..
  • You have an extremely short memory.
  • You are not able to grasp what they are telling you.
  • You do not want to grasp what they are telling you.
  • You have been swayed by what some other posters pedal out.
  • You have a sense of entitlement.
  • You are simply 'at it'.
It could also be a mix, or actually all of those things.

FFP isnt worth the paper its written on. The new version will be the same

Only partially true. It's fine to break it if you've got an army of lawyers that can go to bat for you any time UEFA start poking around, ala Man City and PSG.

Bit harder for clubs like ourselves to get around. Christ even Inter are having to sell to get around FFP regulations.

We're in the process of signing a striker as Itten left and have signed John Souttar to replace Balogun, arguably 2 upgrades already. Our squad is very settled and very well balanced so we don't need to rush to buy anyone.

Like I say though, too many people spend far, far too much time playing football manager and believe it should be signing after signing after signing.

There's no rush, but I think people will generally get frustrated most transfer windows.

Because people are used to things being done early and wrapped up, seeing new players in the new kits etc.

It's been part and parcel of the game for decades, FFP changes are taking more hold in recent years and things are changing, some still expect football to continue as is though, buy early, sell after a good year, repeat etc.

Said it the other day I just think too many of our support have the absolute blinkers on because of recent performances in Europe. That certainly won't continue if we are fishing around the £2-3m total market every summer now.

Questions need to be asked of Ross Wilson like how can a bottom six club like Aberdeen attract a fee of potentially £8m for a player yet we can't get serious bids for European finalists?

The board as well should just come out and be honest on financial state of the club as fans are being asked for season tickets, merchandise, friendlies, European games, travel, club TV subscriptions and we are watching the same core of players from 3/4 years back most weeks.

Is your 2nd paragraph actually serious?

We're watching the same core because continuity is preferable and ultimately they have been reasonably successful.

We've added each Summer to complement the squad - the reason we won the league is because the squad quality got better with the additions of Balogun, McLaughlin + Roofe, for example.

Some fans do indeed have blinkers on.

There have been multiple occasions where the board have been honest about the financial state of the club, which leaves some options here.. either..
  • You have an extremely short memory.
  • You are not able to grasp what they are telling you.
  • You do not want to grasp what they are telling you.
  • You have been swayed by what some other posters pedal out.
  • You have a sense of entitlement.
  • You are simply 'at it'.
It could also be a mix, or actually all of those things.
This should be a sticky.

People need to calm the Fck down and stop with the dramatics. I honestly believe covid done something to some peoples Brians because the level of nonsense is off the scale.

We will make two or three quality additions I believe and see 5 or 6 fringes plus Aribo away.

For the love of god calm down.

In the absence of any real rumours (Colak aside) is there anyone else domestically that we might have our eye on? We’ve already signed the pick of the bunch in Souttar but is there anyone else?

Any of the young lads at Dundee Utd that broke through last season?

The criticism, in my opinion, is that it just isn't a strong enough squad. The squad players brought in were expected to compete and perhaps dislodge some of the above mentioned players meaning that the club could begin its player trading model. They haven't and, Patterson apart, we still await a big sale of a player that has contributed to recent success.

Bassey apart, I cannot think of a player that was brought in as a squad player and developed into a first pick. People will undoubtedly point to the sale of Patterson but he wasn't a first pick nor would he have been this season coming imo.

Good way to look at it, souttar will count towards nation coached as well for Europe (or whatever it’s called)

Apart from extending AM I don’t think I’m unhappy at the situation as it stands.

AM I understand though if by extending means we could spend whatever funds we have on the front three and an attacking mid

I understand our situation by the way, we've got debts and losses and need to recoup and sell assets before we'd have a meaningful budget.

My point was that it's not a football manager thing to want signings in early.

It's a basic thing in football, the majority of clubs want players in the door quick as possible.
I'd say brining in Soutter and the striker (if it happens) is early business.

We can't afford to rush in too much, or we risk a potential imbalance in the squad.

The money from Gerrard should have helped?

doesn't cost 20m to hire a new manager
Aye, should’ve helped plug the gaping black hole left by Covid, I’m sure that Patterson and EL will have made a contribution to filling that too.

Sales and euro runs don’t mean that we are suddenly flush. Any profit from last year needs to be taken in context considering the losses in the preceding years.

They've been here for around 4 years and won 2 trophys.

The new mentally challengeds have been here 1 season and won 2 trophys.

Is that as 'strong' as we get?

2012 done a job on our fanbase

We are happy to just turn up and clap every week now
Some boak-inducing stuff from people trying to influence fans in to accepting just being turned over and having our bellys rubbed. "its just the way it is". They'll have a go at you for not being happy with those in charge either.

Whilst we have a club across the city spend tens of millions every summer, because they have competent people running their football club. Following & implicating a successful model. It can be done. It should have already well started. Not a Motherwell accountant.

I'd take 2 league titles, or a treble, or 5 cups over a European final, which seems to be the "but" on here. We are in no position to be turning our noises up at ANY type of domestic success these days. I will take anything we can get and if that means a cycle of selling players every year or two then I'm more than happy for that to happen.

This should be a sticky.

People need to calm the Fck down and stop with the dramatics. I honestly believe covid done something to some peoples Brians because the level of nonsense is off the scale.

We will make two or three quality additions I believe and see 5 or 6 fringes plus Aribo away.

For the love of god calm down.
Is this your first day on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back