The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like him in truth. He’s an honest big player. Not sure he will make it at Ibrox though, but he has ‘something’. I get the point about age though, for us he’s kinda floated between the u18s and the B Team. Probably too good for one and not quite good enough for the other. Will face some stiff competition in the B Team this coming season.

Like you, I think Ure has "something", but I'm not convinced he'll make it with us.

Not many of our youth strikers do.

Since the Jock Wallace era, I can only think of DJ, Parlane, John McDonald, Robert Fleck and then I'm struggling.

Last edited:
The market is wild. Seems even harder to find reasonably priced realistic options than ever before that are going to improve our starting 11.

Almost seems like we are going to need to gamble and go after young players before they make a real name for themselves or really soon after they break into their first team or players from lower leagues rather than the top division in nations.

Not that it was going to happen, but 8 million for an Israeli winger with a handful of first team appearances is ridiculous and illustrates the point.

The market is wild. Seems even harder to find reasonably priced realistic options than ever before that are going to improve our starting 11.

Almost seems like we are going to need to gamble and go after young players before they make a real name for themselves or really soon after they break into their first team or players from lower leagues rather than the top division in nations.

Not that it was going to happen, but 8 million for an Israeli winger with a handful of first team appearances is ridiculous and illustrates the point.
Nathan Patterson????

I don't for a second think identifying quality players that improve our team is a problem for the club.

The issue is timing. The market we are shopping in we are competing with small to medium clubs in better leagues with better budgets. So many stars need to align for us to get the right target in when we want them.

Its not, we clearly just do not have the funds to be paying 3-4m for players.

Find it strange PAOK are behaving the way they are, he has clearly not been part of their plans for a good while now.

It's not really that strange, they only have 2 strikers and play a European qualifier in just over a fortnight. He may not be in their plans but he would be if their other striker got injured.

We'd be the exact same in that situation.

McAtee is a good player, at youth level. Yet to show it at first team. Same level of loan as Diallo.

Worry what our targets would be if we didn't have the EL run? Really is a shame as we could clearly target quite highly rated players after that run, we've became more attractive. But we do not have the funds to sign them.

Trust our process, Wilson seems to take a kicking during the transfer window, it’s fair to say he’s well versed in it and has produced in the past. Also got to think if we’re going to hang on to our top players what do we actually need? Certainly a striker, possibly a CB and keeper.

Thing is, you’re getting all uppity and critical when, I’d bet, you don’t know what’s happening in the background.
You’re criticising Wilson for what’s happened up to now on this one then boast that you’d give them a deadline?
Is that not a bit of a mixed message?
How do you mean mate?

Sorry, not quite picking you up here.

Easy to say that mate. But sometimes transfers aren’t always straightforward.

What if Gio really wants this guy and thinks he is exactly what we need?

We all want players in, and the sooner the better, but sometimes patience is required.
I get what you’re saying and he may fit the bill in every sense but if we’ve not got at least 4 or 5 back options then our scouting department are failing us.
PAOK fucking us about should see them feel some pain, it may work to our advantag.

Trust our process, Wilson seems to take a kicking during the transfer window, it’s fair to say he’s well versed in it and has produced in the past. Also got to think if we’re going to hang on to our top players what do we actually need? Certainly a striker, possibly a CB and keeper.
ATM if nobody leaves we need a Right winger first and foremost we have needed a quality one for about 3 years

ATM if nobody leaves we need a Right winger first and foremost we have needed a quality one for about 3 years
Good point, I think given we loaned Diallo then they will try and sort that area too. Not sure if they expect Wright to step into it give how he finished the season, but not sure he’s there for it.

We all want players in, and the sooner the better, but sometimes patience is required.
It's not about patience it's about dealing with the set of circumstances around the deal.

99% of the points on here collapse as nobody knows really what's going on. You can only look at the pattern of behaviour and make a call.

If Colak was injured for 8 weeks you'd just have to say bastard we really wanted him but it's too risky. I'm just uncomfortable with being beholden to PAOKs striker search, something we know absolutely nothing about.

People may be patient now, I guarantee if this situation is unchanged in 2 weeks time that patience will have ran out.

I think we'll make 1 or 2 signings in July, hopefully before the CL game in a month but can see us spending peanuts until we know we've qualified or not.

Nathan Patterson????

Yes - 16 million for Patterson is great business. But at the same time, all things considered, it was a ridiculous fee and further illustrates how crazy some of the prices being paid are. Appreciate it is now somewhat the going rate that very average teams like Everton are able to pay without thinking about it.

If we were to want a first team ready right back, how much would we need to pay? Given Patterson went for 16 and he could not get into our first team?

I have my opinion on David Graham but wouldn’t be hanging him for something Jonny McFarlane says ffs

The boy is clueless
McFarlane is fed direct from the club unfortunately. It’s a stock line that’s been given to fan (who in this case isn’t really a fan) media.

Kind of sums it all up but it is true.

That's the two we need definitely we only need more if we move on starters.

If we only have the rumoured 5-6m budget without sales I'd rather we just went out and bought 1 player with that and gambled on it being a player who could lift the level of the team. We don't really need more squad players we have enough of them.

A bit like what Walter done when he went out and blew his whole budget on Jelavic.

Like everything else though there’s a line where patience in waiting for a third party club to get their house in order turns into negligence if us hanging about waiting for them impacts our own plans.

Has to be a point at which we move on to alternative targets if PAOK are ripping the arse out of it.

McFarlane is fed direct from the club unfortunately. It’s a stock line that’s been given to fan (who in this case isn’t really a fan) media.

Kind of sums it all up but it is true.

If idiots like that are being fed by the club then we are indeed in a bad way! An absolute nonentity who spouts nonsense

Maybe my view on David Graham isn’t that far away from the reality of it all

It's not about patience it's about dealing with the set of circumstances around the deal.

99% of the points on here collapse as nobody knows really what's going on. You can only look at the pattern of behaviour and make a call.

If Colak was injured for 8 weeks you'd just have to say bastard we really wanted him but it's too risky. I'm just uncomfortable with being beholden to PAOKs striker search, something we know absolutely nothing about.

People may be patient now, I guarantee if this situation is unchanged in 2 weeks time that patience will have ran out.
Of course, but it’s not 2 weeks from now. I agree there comes a point with any deal when you have to walk away as it’s not worth the hassle, but I don’t think we are at that point yet.

And I don’t think the manager does either, or we would have approached an alternative.

I see the Sun are also reporting we are trying to get James McAtee in on loan from Man City.
No idea if there’s any truth in that or not but it’s clear things are happening behind the scenes, just not as quickly as we would all like.

Attitude & application shouldn't ever be underestimated mate. When your talking about a squad player, & option from the bench even more so.

I don't think many of us see him being the answer to our RW problem, but if he can come on in games, or start some when needed, & produce the same, or better, not forgetting he can play on either wing, then..
I don’t mind him as an option. But I wouldn’t want to be relying on him in Europe for example.

I seem to recall last close season we were linked with a tiny but rapid right winger who played for a Swedish club. I can’t for the life of me remember his name but he looked the part and I’m surprised we haven’t seen his name linked again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back