The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a tidy player who can keep it simple and put his foot in. Likes a dig at goal. Reminds me of Jack and he has improved at us. Anyway, at least it's a rumour!

I just think he has something about him, and he would be a very commited player. Has he reached his peak, would he improve here? Who knows, but it would be highly surprising if he hasn't ever been on our radar. If it worked, the fans here would love him.

I just don't see it at all with him and I do try to watch him closely against us but all I see when he plays against us is your normal league plodder. Puts himself about which people have an obsession with on here with some borderline tackles that if you have stronger refs would result in red cards. Just not for me and if we want to improve our midfield Lewis Ferguson isn't that player.

Last edited:
I just don't see it at all with him and I do try to watch him closely against us but all I see when he plays against us is your normal league plodder. Puts himself about which people have an obsession with on and here with some borderline tackles that if you have stronger refs would result in red cards. Just not for me and if we want to improve our midfield Lewis Ferguson isn't that player.
I get all that, and it's very difficult to argue against some of it, but there's seems to be something about him; but I'm willing to be wrong.

I’ve seen more in Lewis Ferguson than I had in Kevin Thomson when he signed. Lewis is the same age as Kev was when we bought him.

I remember people turning their noses at the thought of signing James McArthur from Hamilton. Players can raise their games when they go on to a higher level. Ryan Jack has.
I think Ferguson can too.
Exactly.

Ferguson is a box to box midfielder. Something people have been wanting us to sign for a while.

At 22, his development is nowhere near done and he's a massive blue nose.

Think that guy is talking shite and just trying to bait a reaction out of folk though tbh.

Last edited:
Hypothetically 1.8 on Colak and 2.5 on Ferguson that's well over £4.3 million on squad based players that don't enhance the first eleven and would be a decent chunk of our budget just can't see it happening especially with Ferguson.

We have enough central midfielders as it is, there is no way we are spending £2.5m on another one unless a current one is sold.

The priority areas are Striker and RW

For £2.5m and for a position where we are currently stacked, I'd expect them to walk into the starting XI.

Ferguson doesn't. Unless we're looking to punt a few.

I’ve seen more in Lewis Ferguson than I had in Kevin Thomson when he signed. Lewis is the same age as Kev was when we bought him.

I remember people turning their noses at the thought of signing James McArthur from Hamilton. Players can raise their games when they go on to a higher level. Ryan Jack has.

When Gerrard first arrived the Record claimed John McGinn would be his first signing and folk on here were going tonto about how utterly shite he apparently was, which was obviously nonsense and based simply on him being Scottish. An FF majority is rarely a good judge of a player!

That said I have never really rated Ferguson, but I'd never really rated Jack before he signed and he really surprised me how good he was from the off.

I wouldn't be against Ferguson at that price. I'm sure he is in the last year of his contract as well. He is strong in possession, offers a bit of dig in the middle of the park, as well as offering creativity and an eye for goal. At 22 and with the coaching staff we have, he can only get better. I remember his Dad saying on the Podcast he used to do with Durrant on a Monday night that out of the whole family, Lewis is by far our biggest fan. He will be well aware of our standards and would give it everything playing for the team he loves. If it doesn't work out, he is still young enough that we can recoup our money if we were to sell.

You're ruling out Ferguson, at 22, becoming a better player?
This is what sometimes people forget

We have better coaching, facilities, dietitian’s and medical staff etc and would expect to improve a player signed from clubs without a lot of that infrastructure in place.

P
I just don't see it at all with him and I do try to watch him closely against us but all I see when he plays against us is your normal league plodder. Puts himself about which people have an obsession with on here with some borderline tackles that if you have stronger refs would result in red cards. Just not for me and if we want to improve our midfield Lewis Ferguson isn't that player
Perhaps that's that's the problem. Watching him a handful of times, when playing a shit style of foootball playing against a much better team.

For £2.5m and for a position where we are currently stacked, I'd expect them to walk into the starting XI.

Ferguson doesn't. Unless we're looking to punt a few.

He is Scottish though, we don't have enough Scots for the UEFA squad quotas.

Kevin Thomson was a stand out against us and a far better player than Lewis Ferguson will ever be.

Exactly I’d take a punt for 2 million if other teams are sniffing about just now you’ll get most of your money back if it doesn’t work out.
We can’t take a punt at that value.

Getting “most of our money back” wouldn’t be a positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back