The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would he be linked with us if it wasn’t for his family connections?

I don’t see it with him at all. We need players to improve the first team. I don’t think Lewis Ferguson is that sort of quality.

No one hates Ferguson. But I think it's a legitimate concern whether the boy is worth the noise and the hassle his signing will bring.

That's not on him and it's probably unfair to lump it on him but let's be honest, his da and uncle wouldn't keep their mouths shut in the media when it comes to him either playing or not playing.

Ross Wilson using his extensive contact book again.
Colak who scored 2 against us last season.
Lewis Ferguson who would even be quoted but for the family name.

Yeah and he stood out against us.
Ferguson has rarely stood out against us .
Obviously at where he is at right now anyone trying to argue Ferguson for Rangers is going have to battle hard to win anyone over; we'll never know really till he actually played here.

Ferguson hasn't done anything to impress me to warrant a move to Rangers but in saying that how does he compare to Ryan Jack when we signed him?....if we were to bring him in (which I doubt we will) I'd like to think he'd improve with our coaching and the players around him, could improve just as Jack has done and maybe less injury prone

Ross Wilson using his extensive contact book again.
Colak who scored 2 against us last season.
Lewis Ferguson who would even be quoted but for the family name.

I think there would less opposition to Ferguson if he wasnt related to them. Of course we should be looking at players in the league we play as we need homegrown players for europe. Dont get that many good scots, that we can sign, elsewhere.

I don't feel particularly strongly either way about Ferguson, but if he was a target, somewhere between £2-3m doesn't seem an unreasonable demand from Aberdeen. He's still a young midfielder and has progressed well during his time with Aberdeen. I think Kevin Thomson and Scott Brown were more complete footballers when they were signed by us and them, but significant money was paid for both of them was 14 years ago, and transfer fees obviously haven't remained static in the intervening years.

Personally I'm still a bit confused why we don't seem to be tapping into any young Dutch talent, in our manager we have a man who captained the national team in a world cup final(surely a big draw )and Dave Vos who seemed to be highly regarded in the Dutch youth system.

Ferguson hasn't done anything to impress me to warrant a move to Rangers but in saying that how does he compare to Ryan Jack when we signed him?....if we were to bring him in (which I doubt we will) I'd like to think he'd improve with our coaching and the players around him, could improve just as Jack has done and maybe less injury prone
The difference is Ryan Jack was a Bosman.

Would I take Ferguson on a Bosman? Yes. Would I take him for £2m or that? Hell no.

Enlighten us to what was in his book about Hagi, Roofe, Bassey, and Balogun etc

Just another poster choosing to believe some virgin on Twitter to stick the boot into Rangers
Firstly don’t do Twitter
Secondly not putting the boot in to Rangers , I am however questioning strongly what Ross Wilson brings to the table.

Dont mate thats too much sense for the people squealing for kelly to get a chance and he cant get a game for ferguson for scotland
And hes what 22-23 played loads of games in our league, give him a couple months to settle in and he coukd be a mainstay in our side for a good few years

The difference is Ryan Jack was a Bosman.

Would I take Ferguson on a Bosman? Yes. Would I take him for £2m or that? Hell no.
Agree with this

On after or small fee I wouldn’t be against signing Ferguson

But considering what the sheep would likely want I think it would be a non starter

Agree with this

On after or small fee I wouldn’t be against signing Ferguson

But considering what the sheep would likely want I think it would be a non starter
A bid of some sort would at least let Ferguson know we are interested though.

Last edited:
Personally I'm still a bit confused why we don't seem to be tapping into any young Dutch talent, in our manager we have a man who captained the national team in a world cup final(surely a big draw )and Dave Vos who seemed to be highly regarded in the Dutch youth system.
I thought that was one of Dave vos main attributes was that he knew all the best young Dutch players and they all knew him

See when someone says that a signing is going to be announced, pending an agreement, is that not actually saying that something will be announced if it happens? I look forward to announcing my pending lottery win next week.
Romano says this all time aswell and I don't get it :D

Example - Origi to Milan is done, not signed yet but will be early next week.

Not done then is it?

People thinking Ferguson would work out just because Jack did and he come from the same club really is a bizarre logic. Should we go and sign another youngster from Charlton because Aribo was a success?

For the nation trained players we have Arfield, Souttar, Jack and Wright now. Another one of that type would be taking one of the 17 non-homegrown spots.

Ah right, didn't realise that. Guessing Ferguson doesn't count as academy trained either, as he left our academy at such a young age.

Who is he better than from our current options available to us? Our midfield needs a player that can either go box to box or play as a 10 and score goals which his stats are massively propped up with penalties. 13 of his last 20 league goals have been penalties as were 10 of his 16 goals last season.

I would genuinely rather bring through someone like Charlie McCann, Alex Lowry or Cole Mckinnon than spend £2.5m on him. Only reason I would sign him is for the news we would get about transfers off his dad or uncle to help save the winter transfer thread in January.
Totally agree, Lowery and McCann should be given a chance. Ferguson is not good enough for us.

I think we're over-estimating how good these young Dutch players would be just because we've had some success that way in the past.

I'm not sure there's an affordable amount of them out there who would truly improve us.

And hes what 22-23 played loads of games in our league, give him a couple months to settle in and he coukd be a mainstay in our side for a good few years
Played some amount of football in comparison to kelly also on thr fridges on the scotland team. For me a better player than turnball over the road.

These threads are a pain in the arse.

I waited for a 2pm announcement the other day because everyone was talking about it and didn't have time to scroll through and it was pish.

Today we have loads of messages on Ferguson and it looks like it's imminent or atleast concrete interest going by messages and I scroll back pages to see its some virgin on twitter with no source or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back