The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had assumed given vos and gio's background we would have been bringing in some real dutch/foreign talent at a great age for there development. Seems its the same old names being brought up which surprises me, and not in a good way.

Be interesting to see if they'll sell to anyone at that price. I don't know how much he's pushing for a move, which is usually the biggest factor.

He put in a transfer request when Watford bid for him last summer. He wants out of Aberdeen by all accounts.

My favourite bit of commentary on Wilson was someone on Twitter saying "we got to a European final despite him, not due to anything he done".

Because hiring Gio for the job in the efficient way he did was clearly nothing to do with him...

I genuinely believe our 'online' support are amongst the f*ckin stupidest on earth. 1 starts a moan about someone, such as Wilson, not fully understanding what he actually does, and then it spreads to those who cant think for themselves and now they also want to constantly moan about what other people are moaning about when none of them actually know what they're moaning about

B-)

I had assumed given vos and gio's background we would have been bringing in some real dutch/foreign talent at a great age for there development. Seems its the same old names being brought up which surprises me, and not in a good way.
With Brexit, getting EU and non EU workers/players to the UK is a whole new ball game. No surprise with the focus on British talent.

I genuinely believe our 'online' support are amongst the f*ckin stupidest on earth. 1 starts a moan about someone, such as Wilson, not fully understanding what he actually does, and then it spreads to those who cant think for themselves and now they also want to constantly moan about what other people are moaning about when none of them actually know what they're moaning about

B-)
What would you define as our “online support”

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but very few were saying that at the time.

It obviously never worked out, these things happen.

This is the thing with Wilson, he's getting blamed for transfers not working out and he's also getting blamed for not signing players we either can't afford or don't want to come to Scotland. He's getting blamed entirely for things that he has zero control over.

The 'same old names' are only brought up by posters on here (and Twitter) though, because they've no 'real' leaks or names to talk about. There's not a shred of truth in any of them as far as I can gather yet they generate page after page of what passes for debate on here.

I’ve nothing against Lewis Ferguson and wish him well of good stock.

What I will say is on what planet does he get into our starting 11 when we have Arfield, Aribo, Kamara, Jack, Lundstram Davis and Lowrie not to mention McCann wanting a slot. 7 players for 3 slots Lewis Ferguson doesn’t get a look in for me.

So why is it even being mentioned?
He would stroll into our starting lineup,and stay there.imo;)

You couldn’t be anymore wrong if you tried.

Actually scary the amount of football fans that know nothing about professional football.

It’s not really. Increasing clubs use directors of football who decide who gets signed and not the manager. I would like to that we have more hybrid approach

It’s not really. Increasing clubs use directors of football who decide who gets signed and not the manager. I would like to that we have more hybrid approach

Ross Wilson doesn't decide who we sign. Our manager gets a big say on it, along with the scouting team.

Ross Wilson doesn't decide who we sign. Our manager gets a big say on it, along with the scouting team.
Surely Ross Wilson brought in specifically for his extensive list of “experience and contacts” must have a decent say.

I imagine any club our size has a committee for transfers with Wilson, considering his actual job being quite near the top of that committee.

So we push the player trading model back a further year ? Rely on more loans for another year to invest in the squad ? Ask the same players to perform more miracles in Europe to generate income ?
If we get the offers I’m sure they will be sold. If they don’t get any offers, what do we do but try and pin them down.

Someone pointed out to me that given how keen Barry Ferguson is to tell journalists everything, if there was anything to this you'd expect the Daily Record to be all over it.

I suspect we're discussing a baseless rumour here.
I thought that as well however conversely it's one of the few transfers where a total random on Twitter knows about it for exactly the same reasons.

I imagine any interest that we may have in Ferguson is coming from the fact he's 22 years old, a Rangers fan and is establishing himself in the international side with nearly 200 professional games under his belt (with a 1 in 5 scoring record) at the same level we currently play at.
In what way is he establishing himself in the international side?

B-)

One strand is picked up and repeated.

It’s been noticeable how at the moment it’s ‘we are only interested in players we played against” even when a list of transfers illustrates otherwise. That doesn’t matter, though, it’s the new complaint.

Wilson Out. Board Out.

I’ve nothing against Lewis Ferguson and wish him well of good stock.

What I will say is on what planet does he get into our starting 11 when we have Arfield, Aribo, Kamara, Jack, Lundstram Davis and Lowrie not to mention McCann wanting a slot. 7 players for 3 slots Lewis Ferguson doesn’t get a look in for me.

So why is it even being mentioned?
Doesn't get anywhere near our team. Far inferior to every first team midfielder we have at the moment.

Signing him would be a massive worry as if he came in to replace someone we sell this summer it will be a massive downgrade

If there is any interest in ferguson am sure he will the sheep board well aware he wants to come. Am sure he asked to leave last season as well when warford if i remember correctly were sniffing about. He will just become a problem for them

Aberdeen wouldn’t sell to us for less than £5m you’d imagine. A non-starter.

One strand is picked up and repeated.

It’s been noticeable how at the moment it’s ‘we are only interested in players we played against” even when a list of transfers illustrates otherwise. That doesn’t matter, though, it’s the new complaint.

Wilson Out. Board Out.

That's only come up recently because Colak is on the cusp of signing (hopefully). Despite the fact he's someone we were linked with in season's gone by while he played for Rijeka.

We evidently scout Croatia. But we are signing Colak because he scored against us apparently.

Wasn’t initially a fan of Ferguson but I think he’d do well and improve at us. Has a lot of good attributes and is technically far better than he gets credit for (although miles away from his uncle). Only 22 with 150 top flight games a decent return of goals and a few caps.

Don’t think we’ll sign him though.

Buying from the SPL can work out ok
Has done in years gone past

Playing with better players could improve Ferguson who is a seasoned SPL player now

I genuinely thought
After our run in Europe

We’d have had a list of players
And they’d have been really keen to join

This is as bizarre a window as I can remember in terms of targets or rumours
As the club to tend to keep it in house nowadays

But had hoped for slightly better rumours than Ferguson or colak

Although both could come in and be decent
You can never really tell who will work and who won’t

Listen- I have no idea if Ferguson would be a good signing for us. Much the same as I didn’t know if Jack or Kamara would be.
What I do know is that he’ll be better coached and play with better players so if the raw minerals are there then there’s no reason why both Rangers and Ferguson wouldn’t benefit.

In what way is he establishing himself in the international side?
4 caps since last August and I'm sure he's in every squad near enough. He's up against Jack, McGregor, McGinn, McTominay, Gilmour, Armstrong, McLean and probably a few others I'm forgetting there too to have more. At 22, he's doing well to force his way by any of them and it isn't a massive flaw if he isn't.

It's reached a level of criticism that I honestly cannot see a 'redemption' for him, which is mental. He's doing the bidding of the board, that's who he answers too. That's who control the purse strings. Too many people just don't understand what his job role actually is and auto blame him for things that are outwith his control.
I genuinely blame Football Manager. Too many fans think it’s simply a matter of hitting a few buttons to build a squad capable of winning the CL. It’s the equivalent of an obese UFC fan laying on the sofa thinking he could do better than the guys he’s watching. Ross Wilson couldn’t do my job and I sure as shooting couldn’t do his. Why don’t we realise it’s the 3rd July and cut the guy some slack?

Last edited:
King, Lowry and McCann are like new signings - yes they had cameos last season but maybe Gio thinks they can make a genuine first team spot this season. Perhaps Gio has also seen some more potential on the youths.
McCrorie is an international class keeper too.
Yes We 100% need a striker and one that can challenge Alfie too.

But we’ve been told for years this is the model we are working towards perhaps it’s ready to bear fruit.

I work with the Dutch every day they can be very single minded in their plan - the British could learn from them. Worry is they also struggle to admit they are wrong.

However I’ll trust Gio his team and Ross Wilson. I’m sure they’ve earned it.

(I sit CD3 5 games in and it’s not happening I’ll be the guy screaming at them )

Remember Alan Hansens famous quote about Man Utd and fergie sold his super stars that summer

Buying from the SPL can work out ok
Has done in years gone past

Playing with better players could improve Ferguson who is a seasoned SPL player now

I genuinely thought
After our run in Europe

We’d have had a list of players
And they’d have been really keen to join

This is as bizarre a window as I can remember in terms of targets or rumours
As the club to tend to keep it in house nowadays

But had hoped for slightly better rumours than Ferguson or colak

Although both could come in and be decent
You can never really tell who will work and who won’t
Why do you
Insist on posting

In sections of two sentences