The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't be any leaks to the papers if you aren't in for anyone.

smart-thinking.gif

I'm guessing, if we are interested , the scouts have watched a bit more of him than a YouTube video.

He is as unknown to me as he is to you, but fortunately ,he won't be unknown to those that matter.
That's not what we do apparently. We only look at players that have played against us.

According to many on here.

How much would they be wanting for Bongonda if they bought him for €7m and he has done well?

Seems like one we might have been looking at if we made/make the CL or Kent goes.

How much would they be wanting for Bongonda if they bought him for €7m and he has done well?

Seems like one we might have been looking at if we made/make the CL or Kent goes.
Last 12 months of his deal and they’re wanting to sell him apparently. Was brought in as their record transfer but don’t think they’d be demanding much now.

Last 12 months of his deal and they’re wanting to sell him apparently. Was brought in as their record transfer but don’t think they’d be demanding much now.
Out of curiosity, can you remember how much Genk paid for Hagi when they bought him mate?

I see David Carmo, Braga going for 20m euros to Porto.

Tyler Adams, RB Leipzig going for £20m to Leeds.

I get the leagues are more competitive, but surely beating them in Europe counts for something in terms of our players pedigree and saleability.

Mad that Porto could conceivably have a centre back pairing in the champions league next year of Fabio Cardoso, our reject and David Carmo, of a team we consistently have beaten in Europe.

So why has nobody came in with serious money for Morelos or any of our players?
We’ve turned down pretty good bids for both Morelos and Kent. Gerrard decided to keep the squad together last summer which is mentioned often and certainly suggests bids came in then as well.

Out of curiosity, can you remember how much Genk paid for Hagi when they bought him mate?
Off the top of my head I think it was around €4 million minimum but with bonuses.

Edit: from Wikipedia “The transfer fee was variously reported as €4 million, €8 million with performance bonuses included”

I get the leagues are more competitive, but surely beating them in Europe counts for something in terms of our players pedigree and saleability.

Mad that Porto could conceivably have a centre back pairing in the champions league next year of Fabio Cardoso, our reject and David Carmo, of a team we consistently have beaten in Europe.
In Cardoso's case, it shows that they value players who do well in their domestic league.

Something we often scoff at.

Surely to balance team we'd still need a right footer?
If we did this, you'd push Kent right and a right footer on left?
Kent is right footed, think he means playing a right footer on the left wing (Kent) and a left footer on the right wing (Bongonda)

Kent is right footed, think he means playing a right footer on the left wing (Kent) and a left footer on the right wing (Bongonda)
I said most of last season that for certain games and more importantly to get his goals tally up (his shooting is much stronger and more accurate on his left foot imo) that I'd have liked to have seen Kent starting on the right. It would also have allowed Sakala to play in his more natural position on the left, cutting in and shooting too. Maybe, if this guy comes in, that'll end up happening with Wright backup to Kent and Sakala backup on the left.

It doesn’t matter what Wilson etc says, like it or not they have a recent history of selling players who have played well down south Van Dijk, Wanyama etc we don’t, these things come into it.
People don’t seem to get this.

These clubs don’t seem to care about what players have done while at us, but what they can do for them. Celtic have continually failed in Europe but are able to get decent fees for players because they have a good track record of players leaving them and doing well at other clubs. Due to our circumstances we haven’t had the opportunity to do this, but hopefully that will change.

Surely to balance team we'd still need a right footer?
If we did this, you'd push Kent right and a right footer on left?

Eden Hazard played the majority of his career on the left wing, he's right footed. Sadio Mane too. Angel di Maria is left footed but played the majority of his career on the right hand side of an attack. Countless examples. Mo Salah is left footed as well.

Very few modern wingers play on the side of the foot they are most dominant on.

Madness, given he was absolutely shite against us.

Virgins on Twitter already making up that we’re signing Bongonda in 48 hours and people are lapping it up:))
No clue why they do it as it’s clearly weird behaviour that’s based on made up nonsense but what I do know is that we should sign him because Bongonda is an anagram of “Her Brittanic Majesty’s Eleven”.
It’s a no brainier for me.

Just shows how much we undervalue our players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back