The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
People don’t seem to get this.

These clubs don’t seem to care about what players have done while at us, but what they can do for them. Celtic have continually failed in Europe but are able to get decent fees for players because they have a good track record of players leaving them and doing well at other clubs. Due to our circumstances we haven’t had the opportunity to do this, but hopefully that will change.
Go start a thread about their brilliant recruitment then? This is meant to be about Rangers transfers.

I see David Carmo, Braga going for 20m euros to Porto.

Tyler Adams, RB Leipzig going for £20m to Leeds.

I get the leagues are more competitive, but surely beating them in Europe counts for something in terms of our players pedigree and saleability.

Mad that Porto could conceivably have a centre back pairing in the champions league next year of Fabio Cardoso, our reject and David Carmo, of a team we consistently have beaten in Europe.

Carmo looked a bomscare against us. A CB pairing of Carmo and Cardoso would get destroyed by Alfie if we came up against Porto in the champions league.

Everyone assuming this would mean Kent is for the off… maybe Gio will move Kent or this guy to the right. (I’m gonna choose to believe this because I don’t want Kent to go).

Everyone assuming this would mean Kent is for the off… maybe Gio will move Kent or this guy to the right. (I’m gonna choose to believe this because I don’t want Kent to go).
There’s no way Kent’s going surely.

Theo will be inverted in the same way kent is. It will confuse teams to see kent running at them on one side and Theo on the other with the buff rampaging through the middle.

I can’t wait

I have a real fear that we know we need to replace Aribo, Kent and Morelos but we can't get the right quality in until they move on and free up the funds, not just the transfer fees but also wages. And they don't actually move until very late in the window.

Gerrard and Wilson f%cked up last summer by allowing 3 hugely valuable assets to run their contracts down simultaneously.

We're I'm a position where the 3 players and their potential suitors hold all the aces.
Or maybe Gerrard wanted them on new improved contracts and the board refused.

You can’t, it’s madness. People seem to be thinking they are playing championship manager and not the real world.

If Aribo goes it will be for the £10 million not a penny less and not a penny more if that is his legally contracted release amount.
As I understand it the release clause only triggers our having to allow him to speak with anyone matching that sum (he doesn’t have to). If he does and agrees terms, he’s then free to go so long as the fee is met.

However, it doesn’t stop someone else offering £7m for example and just leaving it on the table.

In the absence of no one meeting the release clause figure and with time ticking down on both the transfer window and the player’s contract we may be forced into accepting the lower bid.

Or have I got that wrong?

I imagine there are plenty of players that we do a background sort of check on but don't actually sign and I also don't really know how a Leipzig scout would know that Rangers are at that stage for a Genk player.

If we end up signing him then fair play Ventura, I just don't see how that adds up.

You can’t, it’s madness. People seem to be thinking they are playing championship manager and not the real world.

If Aribo goes it will be for the £10 million not a penny less and not a penny more if that is his legally contracted release amount.

It can absolutely be for a penny less.

We, as a club, might decide that £6-8m is better than nothing in 12 months.

As I understand it the release clause only triggers our having to allow him to speak with anyone matching that sum (he doesn’t have to). If he does and agrees terms, he’s then free to go so long as the fee is met.

However, it doesn’t stop someone else offering £7m for example and just leaving it on the table.

In the absence of no one meeting the release clause figure and with time ticking down on both the transfer window and the player’s contract we may be forced into accepting the lower bid.

No, you’re bang on.

Why would a club open up with £10m if they think they’re the only known bidder at that point?

It would be stupidity.

We can't sign Théo Bongonda due to the fact that our fans won't be able to spell his name properly. Just seen someone call him 'bondongia'.

Some can't even spell the most basic surname's properly. Davies, Kevin Thompson, Soutter, Soutar or Souter. What chance have you got with Bongonda?!

So why has nobody came in with serious money for Morelos or any of our players?
They have. The reason there hasn't been more sells is because clubs still think they can buy at the old prices (as Gerrard would have put it). It's the new prices we are holding out, which is excellent. Those in charge would have settled for far less with Patterson in their eagerness to get cash in quick. But our resolve now is what will drive up our prices in the future.

Im all over the Theo rumour and would definitely sign him. My very small worry would be that he isn’t an actual right winger and I would have liked us to sign a proper one of them. I also don’t like the thought of him replacing kent.

That being said, he scores and assists and has a cool name.

I have a large collection of butt-plugs.

People don’t seem to get this.

These clubs don’t seem to care about what players have done while at us, but what they can do for them. Celtic have continually failed in Europe but are able to get decent fees for players because they have a good track record of players leaving them and doing well at other clubs. Due to our circumstances we haven’t had the opportunity to do this, but hopefully that will change.
Why do people keep coming out with this line as if it’s came directly from clubs on what they are looking for and how they decide a players value. So does this mean that Hearts and Dundee United are going to get bigger fees than us because of Hickey and Robertson recently? What about us when we sold players like Van Bronkhorst, Arteta, Guttuso. I must of missed us getting larger fees as we had a “track record” back then.

Teams buy players based on their scouting and the type of player they want/need for their team or how they want their team to play.

Or maybe Gerrard wanted them on new improved contracts and the board refused.
Maybe. If extended contracts were out of the question, we should have been receptive to interest in these players last summer rather than taking a "hands off, not for sale" approach.

It has put us in an impossible position where the 3 players hold all the chips, and our summer recruitment plans are essentially on hold until they move on and free up the space in the squad.

Maybe. If extended contracts were out of the question, we should have been receptive to interest in these players last summer rather than taking a "hands off, not for sale" approach.

It has put us in an impossible position where the 3 players hold all the chips, and our summer recruitment plans are essentially on hold until they move on and free up the space in the squad.
It is all down to Ross Wilson’s incompetence that has left us in this position with the 3 players out of contract next season

And then maybe we don't come within a kick of a ball from our best ever success, swings and roundabouts, everything doesn't have to be black and white.

You have that right but if 5 clubs are in for him, they will probably match it rather than lose the opportunity to sign the player.

Strikes me that this is a player who is chasing money and looking to maximise his career earnings, rather than win things. Not a criticism by the way, it’s a professional sport. But he’s not playing in Russia and then joining Salernitana for any reason other than money. We’re not going to attract any player with that mentality.

It is all down to Ross Wilson’s incompetence that has left us in this position with the 3 players out of contract next season
Aribo refused a new deal by all accounts, so he has of was offered one. Nobody knows what’s going on behind the scenes with Alfie and Kent.

Kinda wish at times the club did leak stuff. Because this is mind numbing, we’ve gone from a guy with a football Italia Chanel 4 avatar, meeting a guy on a course, who was watching a player for Leipzig who bumped into a guy who was scouting for Rangers, when said Leipzig guy then bumped into or messaged football italia channel 4 sign guy and told him Rangers were signing or at the background stage of a genk player but not the one Leipzig want.

From then on, we have people on twitter claiming a deal is imminent, despite Belgian media only yesterday morning claiming teams from the Middle East want the guy that leipzig guy knew we were scouting at the background stage.

If or when this guy goes to al alhi we will then have people screaming about Ross Wilson not doing his job and how can we lose out to al ahli when they only bid 5million quid for him and gave him 70k a week and we got to a European final and sold Patterson and gerrard and his team.

Just sign somecunt Rangers and end this nonsense

And then maybe we don't come within a kick of a ball from our best ever success, swings and roundabouts, everything doesn't have to be black and white.
Exactly!

What about all three stay at the club and extend their contracts mid season? You can throw out any hypothetical situation and just kid on its reality. Football is boring as hell now and it's things like this that make it so.

I couldn't give a shit about anyone's contract situation so long as our team on the park compete for the trophies every single year. People need to lay off.

Why do people keep coming out with this line as if it’s came directly from clubs on what they are looking for and how they decide a players value. So does this mean that Hearts and Dundee United are going to get bigger fees than us because of Hickey and Robertson recently? What about us when we sold players like Van Bronkhorst, Arteta, Guttuso. I must of missed us getting larger fees as we had a “track record” back then.

Teams buy players based on their scouting and the type of player they want/need for their team or how they want their team to play.

I think it's a total nonsense too, and seems to have been parroted since it was claimed in an article in the Athletic with quotes from 'anonymous' agents.

Basically saying that no matter the success of Rangers players nobody will buy our players, no matter how good they, but will buy Celtic players because Van Dijk played for them a decade ago.

Seems very restrictive and doesn't explain Ramsay going from the Sheep to Liverpool, for example.

Aribo refused a new deal by all accounts, so he has of was offered one. Nobody knows what’s going on behind the scenes with Alfie and Kent.

Kinda wish at times the club did leak stuff. Because this is mind numbing, we’ve gone from a guy with a football Italia Chanel 4 avatar, meeting a guy on a course, who was watching a player for Leipzig who bumped into a guy who was scouting for Rangers, when said Leipzig guy then bumped into or messaged football italia channel 4 sign guy and told him Rangers were signing or at the background stage of a gene player but not the one Leipzig want.

From then on, we have people on twitter claiming a deal is imminent, despite Belgian media only yesterday morning claiming teams from the Middle East want the guy that leipzig guy knew we were scouting at the background stage.

If or when this guy goes to al alhi we will then have people screaming about Ross Wilson not doing his job and how can we lose out to al ahli when they only bid 5million quid for him and gave him 70k a week and we got to a European final and sold Patterson and gerrard and his team.

Just sign somecunt Rangers and end this nonsense
Good point there, and just about covers what obviously tends to happen now!

I think its a bit of both mate. You are absolutely right that scouting and need is the primary focus but track record could play a small part. Look at the reputation of the Ajax Academy etc. people likely sign their youths on scouting and part reputation because of track record.

True, but maybe had we refreshed the side, it could have been the change we needed to win the title and the EL. We'll never know.

What is black & white is that £30m+ of talent is walking out the door in 12 months' time for nothing unless they are sold.

Surely we move these guys on if we can? Easier to replace them with £30m in the bank.

My issue is the timings of it all. 3 key players, high value assets, with their contracts all expiring at the same time. And letting it get this far down the road. Now the players hold the aces.

And we just need to wait it out and hope our targets are still available if/when they move on and free up the space in the squad.

Like most people been very dissapointed on the transfers front. In my opinion always better to get business done early especially when we have Champions league qualification to navigate.
Go into the window with targets identifed, however that being said I would much rather take our time and make sure all transfers this window have an impact.

Strikes me that this is a player who is chasing money and looking to maximise his career earnings, rather than win things. Not a criticism by the way, it’s a professional sport. But he’s not playing in Russia and then joining Salernitana for any reason other than money. We’re not going to attract any player with that mentality.
I wouldn't want us to attract a player like that. From what I gather , we enquired about him and quickly sussed out he's a money hungry tadger. We need players that are committed to Rangers.

True, but maybe had we refreshed the side, it could have been the change we needed to win the title and the EL. We'll never know.

What is black & white is that £30m+ of talent is walking out the door in 12 months' time for nothing unless they are sold.

Surely we move these guys on if we can? Easier to replace them with £30m in the bank.

My issue is the timings of it all. 3 key players, high value assets, with their contracts all expiring at the same time. And letting it get this far down the road. Now the players hold the aces.

And we just need to wait it out and hope our targets are still available if/when they move on and free up the space in the squad.

Morelos is on contract number three at the last count and thank god he is otherwise he'd have been gone for free long before now.

Been thinking about this a lot recently, beginning to think the lack of leaks at the club is starting to have the opposite psychological effect its meant to. Well at least in the eyes of the support. Instead of looking at and viewing it as 'look at how tight a ship we are running, so professional' it's morphed into 'nobody is doing their job correctly and we are standing still'. We've swung from leaking like a sieve a few years ago, to literally nobody having any clue what is actually happening whatsoever. The novelty has worn off for a lot of people.

I also think it has become far too easy for people to fill the rumours void with speculative and detrimental nonsense.

Been thinking about this a lot recently, beginning to think the lack of leaks at the club is starting to have the opposite psychological effect its meant to. Well at least in the eyes of the support. Instead of looking at and viewing it as 'look at how tight a ship we are running, so professional' it's morphed into 'nobody is doing their job correctly and we are standing still'. We've swung from leaking like a sieve a few years ago, to literally nobody having any clue what is actually happening whatsoever. The novelty has worn off for a lot of people.

I also think it has become far too easy for people to fill the rumours void with speculative and detrimental nonsense.

I thought David Graham would drip feed some sound bites to Edgar and co, tbh.

Like most people been very dissapointed on the transfers front. In my opinion always better to get business done early especially when we have Champions league qualification to navigate.
Go into the window with targets identifed, however that being said I would much rather take our time and make sure all transfers this window have an impact.
We have a contract situation with three very important players as well. Hopefully, if the rumour surrounding Aribo is true, then one of these can be resolved very soon; if we don't see renewals very soon for Morelos and Kent, then maybe we can attach some significance to that also. Targets are one thing, but we also need to consolidate as well.

I thought David Graham would drip feed some sound bites to Edgar and co, tbh.
When we used to have transfer saga's played out in public then they didn't happen, folk would go mental.

I can see why the board are no longer letting any information out but he's right, it does have a downside as it looks like we aren't in for anyone which I'm sure isn't the case.

If Aaron Ramsey can fly under the radar until the very day he signed, we can keep anything under wraps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back