The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Aribo will be off to Southampton which will be a good move for him and good for us too. Should hopefully allow us to start moving things along at our end and get a few new faces in the door.

Hmm. I wonder how much we accept - 8m, for example?

Obviously the aim is the 10m. But we also need to plan for our squad. We can’t allow this to drag on too long.
The only scenario in which we should lower the £10m asking price is if doing so allows us to add in a sell-on etc (which any club paying the £10m clause up front would be under no obligation to add).

Hopefully Aribo going kick starts players coming in. I hope Gio is getting the majority of the fee we receive.
Hopefully it's a case of what your bring in in terms of fees GVB will get to put it back into the team seems like that's what is happening with the Itten money for Colak

He could be the Genk equivalent of the lunatic posting on here recently he would get rid of Alfie as he wasnt impressing.
He doesn’t support a team. TBH Ive followed him for a wee while and think at times he leans too much into stats but professional teams employ him so he is doing something right

Would the Theo Bongonda stories coming out around the same time be a coincidence?

Doubt he'd be a replacement for Aribo, don't even know if they play similar positions.

That's guy's stats can be so misleading.
He would have you thinking Kent and Morelos are shite.
I'm a big fan of stats and analytics but I find his graphs completely nonsensical, I don't understand what they even show?

Hopefully it gets done as quickly and painlessly as possible.

He's been a brilliant signing but if he wants to go, go and let us spend some money.

Its strange, I want him to go, but dont want him to go! Just do it quickly Rangers and we can get someone in.

Stated before that because Southampton are in talks with us doesn't necessarily mean its a done deal.

They could be offering £6 0r £7m. It would then be down to us.

Either way it could be a long and protracted episode. Lets hope they eventually meet the release fee

£10m upfront reinvested in full I think we’ll end the window a much stronger team.

We’ve missed out on some quality players due to not being able to spend the £4-6m, two of those quality not quantity signings and we’re laughing.

Shame he'd only be going for 10 million but it's still decent business considering he's got a year left on his contract.

Hopefully we reinvest some of it.

Its strange, I want him to go, but dont want him to go! Just do it quickly Rangers and we can get someone in.

According to The Athletic

"Aribo is known to have thoroughly enjoyed his time at Rangers and while his preference is a move south of the border and to play Premier League football, he wants the situation to be dealt with amicably.
The former Charlton Athletic player was scheduled to meet up with the rest of the Rangers squad in Portugal on Thursday but he is currently in London."

This only gets messy if Southampton play funny buggers. Hopefully they pay the release fee everyone wins. Would hate for Aribo's time to end sourly.

According to The Athletic

"Aribo is known to have thoroughly enjoyed his time at Rangers and while his preference is a move south of the border and to play Premier League football, he wants the situation to be dealt with amicably.
The former Charlton Athletic player was scheduled to meet up with the rest of the Rangers squad in Portugal on Thursday but he is currently in London."

This only gets messy if Southampton play funny buggers. Hopefully they pay the release fee everyone wins. Would hate for Aribo's time to end sourly.

Surely with Wilson's ties to Southampton, you would hope it doesn't get messy

Sell aribo for £10 million and bring in a cam to replace aribo and a right winger and we will have a more well rounded squad going into the season.

If the money stretched far enough it would be beneficial to bring in another cb if bassey is to be the main left back. Would give us Goldson/new cb/souttar and king as main options. With the likes of Simpson, Katic and helander all leaving the club ideally.

Think the Aribo deal should be settled quickly as he is meant to arrive Portugal Thursday, so can see the deal being done by the end of this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back