The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad if Joe is going but he will go with my fondest wishes. He's gave us some fantastic memories and moments of the years.

When he heads down south for him and us I hope he is a massive success. The better our players do when they leave, the better it is for us. It would show clubs we are place where talent can be found (at a premium). We haven't had that yet. A couple of players leaving the next couple of years and doing well in the EPL would be good for our trading model.

How about we wait to see the details of the deal before we call it pathetic? I'm sure the club aren't going to accept a pathetic offer lol.
If there’s any performance related clauses to make up that £10m then it is pathetic. Whether the £10m came up front or in instalments, it should be guaranteed as a minimum, and not reliant on how the player actually performs.

He will do well. But I don't think he's ever going to get to where his talent could take him. 26 now and he's still quite hot and cold. He also imo doesn't realise how good he is at times and lacks a wee bit of belief in what he actually has. Now I've said that he will go on to be POY.

He's just about to hit his peak, so to speak and a good season down there changes things quite a bit.

We signed a guy from League One for £300,000 and are about to collect a £10m fee for him.

If Gio gets two players out of this, then it's win win.
Should be getting at least two players with this money. Colak isn’t included in that. CAM, right wing and another. Whether that be another cb/lb depending on were we see bassey’s future or it could be the case of signing a midfielder with long term outlooks to replace arfield.

The exact reason folk need to stop obsessing over stats.
Stats are good thing but they should never be taken at face value. The seeing eye test (watching) is also very important

We also don't know what kind of model he uses. They clearly come out with some wild conclusions. 7 million replacement value for Colak but half that for Morelos.

If there’s any performance related clauses to make up that £10m then it is pathetic. Whether the £10m came up front or in instalments, it should be guaranteed as a minimum, and not reliant on how the player actually performs.
Thats prob why we r close in talks. As soon as its 10m upfront or guaranteed then that will b deal done.

Not sure instalments triggers the release clause mate

Yeah I agree, but nobody knows the details of the deal yet so no need to get raging about it? There's no reason why the club would accept a lowball offer at this stage of the window.

I'm sure we're pushing for sell on % to be included too.

Breaking news on sky sports news.

£10m deal. That including performance related clauses
So the £10m is based on performance related clauses? Or are they on top of the £10m? The wording of the Ormstein piece worries me because it talks about a ‘£10m package’. I think we’ve taken a low fee plus add-ons - but add-ons that only take it to £10m max. If that report is true.

Then again, Sky reported the Colak deal as ‘done’.

So in other words.. you don't know what the deal may or may not be but let's all get raging about it.

Lol.. sigh.

Aribo is worth more than 10 million but he was also worth more than we paid at the time, hopefully he goes on and smashes it down there and it's the beginning of Rangers getting good fees for our players

Said it plenty but I'd punt Bassey now 100%.

Stock will never be higher after his Europa League performances and if we could get ~£20m it'd be incredible business.
You're guessing if his stock has maxed out

He could have an astonishing season and develop yet further.

I hope he stays and has a storming season.

The last year of his contract has had an up and down season at us probably wants to go to a better league it's an acceptable level of money given he had the 10 million written into his deal.

To me, he's maybe worth a wee bit more but he does have dips in form and can be frustrating given the talent he has.

£10m allows us to bring in the players we need.

Four hopefully; striker, right sided attacker, attack minded central midfield and a CB or LB depending on what happens with Bassey/Barišić. I’m still not overly comfortable with Souttar and Helander given their injuries.

Getting Roofe off the wage bill and replacing him would be something I’d be happy with too.

Then we need to think about Kent and Morelos contracts.
Bassey’s contract has to get looked at too. An absolute priority.

So the £10m is based on performance related clauses? Or are they on top of the £10m? The wording of the Ormstein piece worries me because it talks about a ‘£10m package’. I think we’ve taken a low fee plus add-ones - but add-ones that only take it to £10m max. If that report is true.

Then again, Sky reported the Colak deal as ‘done’.
I’m not sure.

The wording is a £10m deal including add ons.

So is it £10m in total with the add one?

Or is it £10m fee including add ons on top of that?

Bloody hell don't want much do you? Lol.
We have plenty CM and atm CB as well.
Unless Roife or Morelos goes no need for a ST , RW certainly and s good one is required.
I want the core parts of our team strengthened I did say a CM and CB depending on outgoings I've said repeatedly on here our squad is too bloated but we must look to add quality this summer in the main areas if the chance comes about.

A replacement for Aribo is a must you say we don't need a striker ? We badly need a reliable different option we can't go into next season with Morelos and an injury prone Roofe you would think Colak will come in and add depth to that area.

He'll maybe never play European football again but what great memories Aribo will have from his time. £10M is fine. He's worth more but as long as we get a sell on % we need to move on. It will be interesting now the Nigerian group has been split up if the dynamic is affected. Time to push on.

See that’s my issue, it should be a straight £10m
none of this bonus payment rubbish. His release fee is £10m it should be paid in full
You must be reading that differently from me. I’m reading that as if it’s 10 up front PLUS performance clauses.

Sky sports are saying 10m up front plus add ons

Breaking news on sky sports news.

£10m deal. That including performance related clauses
elmo-shrug.gif

You'd have to think management would have a replacement for Aribo lined up but I'm going to take a wild guess here and say we don't. Gio played Kamara further up the park to mixed success, Kamara clearly looked uncomfortable but Gio was persistent with it. With how much Gio seemed to like Hagi when he first came in I reckon the AMC role is going to be Lowry/Kamara/Arfield and when Hagi gets back in the Autumn most likely he'll take over.

Its a close season, so he can bring in a player to replace him. Kamara IIRC plays further up for Finland.

I’m not sure.

The wording is a £10m deal including add ons.

So is it £10m in total with the add one?

Or is it £10m fee including add ons on top of that?
None of us know mate, you’re right. I’ve not seen the Sky piece but the Athletic article, and the way Ormstein worded it, didn’t sound great.

Hopefully £10m then the add-ons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back