The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was the boy Levitt who Dundee Hibs had on loan from Man U not quite good last season? Surprising he looks like he’s going back to that shithole.
Was really good for them, probably good enough for the championship down south so weird one for him to stay at them.

Did the club sit down with both agents and the players and offer improved terms in an official capacity but it didn't leak out over the last year?

If they somehow did that and the players refused to sign then they should have been put up for sale immediately no questions asked.
Of course that happened.

And I'm sure you would have been on here telling everyone we were right to sell three of our best players before a CL qualifier last summer.

It’s not about being cryptic, it’s about not revealing sources etc but trying to give as much info as I can give. I am confident that we will have two signings joining up with the team in Portugal.
Fair enough mate, if you know names is it ones that will excite?

It's a dreadful deal no matter how it's structured. We should have never allowed ourselves to get into this position in the first place

Deals for Aribo, Morelos and Kent should have been done last summer not 12 months before contracts are up leaving us without any leverage.

If Rangers go out of the champions league I dread to think what we'll end up selling Morelos for.
How do we sign players on longer deals if they don't want to sign?

Romano says £10m. Everyone else is saying £10m.

After Romeo Lavia deal completed, 'Southampton are closing on Joe Aribo deal. It's more than advanced with £10m fee to be agreed with Rangers very soon, player keen as The Athletic reported'

Romano is therefore contradicting himself with his 10.45am tweet.

£6m fee "plus add ons". So it's a £6m fee.

If Aribo doesn't want to sign a new contract we have to sell him now. Whether the best offer is 6m or 10m we have to do a deal. He is only worth what a club is willing to pay. If there was competition to sign him then other bids would be coming in and perhaps we could get more. If there are no other teams looking to compete for him them we have to do a deal with Southampton. Simple as that.

My PAOK supporting cousin has just told me the deal for Colak has just went through. €2.4m

Disclaimer* he could be talking shite :D

Can you guarantee that we won’t see the other 4m?

Good chance it’s 6m upfront and 4m in guaranteed instalments.
"good chance" is not guaranteed.

it is a £6m fee.

Not sure why people are going mental about this. Based on what we are being told by Romano, it is a transfer fee of £6m. There will be add ons as well, but he is stating publicly that he understands it to be a £6m fee.

weird on here today.

Doesn’t say instalments but, it’s add ons which suggests it’s not guaranteed.
I’m not sure if the wording from the athletic etc is being deliberately vague, but a ‘total package’ reads to me as guaranteed.

Others interpreting it differently. I’m sure the club will drip feed the correct info at some point.

It’s not about being cryptic, it’s about not revealing sources etc but trying to give as much info as I can give. I am confident that we will have two signings joining up with the team in Portugal.
I'm assuming one will be Colak but when do the team return from Portugal?

Just so we have an idea of what timeframe we can hold you to? :))

So for Patterson and Aribo were looking at circa £22M with some sell ons etc for 2 players that cost us less than a tenth of that.

Is that not decent business?
It is but it's better business if some of those funds are reinvested in the squad. Either through new signings or contract extensions of key players.

The key is what we do with the cash.

This all depends on how likely the add-one are to be achieved.

If they’re based on appearances up to 50/60 games, then that’s fine.

If they’re based on him winning the World Cup, then that’s not.

Instalments are paid regardless.

Installments for the transfer fee yeah.

Add-ons are target based. Will be things like after so many Premier League and International appearances Rangers get X amount, Joe Aribo contributes so many goals or assists and Rangers get Y amount.

So it's not always gauranteed.

Some clubs even manage to negotiate in things that they know going into it, the player will never do.

If you don’t have a clue what you’re saying, please don’t say anything at all.
that's just silly.

you quoted a post from facebook. I refer you back to Romano's tweet at 10.45am where he says it is a £6m fee for Joe Aribo, plus add ons. Therefore it is a fee of £6m for the player, and there will be add ons.

Pretty clear for some, less so for others.

Add-ons are target based. Will be things like after so many Premier League and International appearances Rangers get X amount, Joe Aribo contributes so many goals or assists and Rangers get Y amount.

Some clubs even manage to negotiate in things that they know going into it, the player will never do.
Martial’s included winning the Balon D’or I’m sure :))

I’m not sure if the wording from the athletic etc is being deliberately vague, but a ‘total package’ reads to me as guaranteed.

Others interpreting it differently. I’m sure the club will drip feed the correct info at some point.
That's how I read it but then again I'm not relentlessly looking for something to be raging at.

They'd usually say £6m rising to £10m if add ons were included.

No.

It’s £6 million UP FRONT not in instalments.

The other £4 million will be instalments which is perfectly normal in any transfer.

If we get the added bonus of a 15% sell on for allowing some of it to be paid in instalments even better. That hasn’t been confirmed.

What's his opinion of the player mate ??
He's really good, just lacked service at PAOK, causes a lot of trouble in the box and can score good goals with head or feet.

Edit* He also said too many players at PAOK try to score every chance themselves rather than pass to players in a better position. So often he had peeled off into excellent scoring positions and every midfielder in PAOK tries to score 25 yard screamers rather than hit it to a forward.

How do we sign players on longer deals if they don't want to sign?

If they don't want to sign then they should be sold going into the final 24 months of contracts given the financial position the club is in.

Yeah we'd have been gutted to lose these players but losing £20-30m from player valuations will hurt the club far more in the long term.

Yep, but despite that, and others saying similar, the usual glass half empty loyal are choosing to believe the one report that paints it in a more negative light………funny that.
Think it's just people interpreting £6m plus add ons as £6m plus add ons tbh.

If he has a release clause of £10mill then the fee we will receive is £10mill. It's not fcking complicated. We might get £6mill now and £4mill in instalments. It really doesn't matter though.

However, the club needs to say the fee is £10mill, not "undisclosed", we need to show that we don't sell players on the cheap, we aren't a bargain bin ffs.

Romano is not always correct. He got a big one wrong yesterday with Maya Yoshida. He said he had completed his medical at Schalke after turning down Trabzonspor. Yoshidas replied that even his wife never knew about Travzonspor and Romano quickly updated.
It might be 6 Mill up front but we are guaranteed 10mill so prob 4 6month installments or something very similar

Pleased about Colak, he will give us a long needed aerial presence upfront. He is also very skilful, will get his share of goals and give us a real focal point.
Sad to see big Joe leave,what a bargain at £10m. I wish him well and will always remember us and him celebrating that goal in Seville.
Sadly some have already written him off it seems and he's not kicked a ball at us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back