The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry mate, but you cannot factor Edouard's wages and signing on fee into his profit, then ignore the 3 years of wages we have paid Aribo in order to create equivalence. We paid £2 million for Joe and even on £10k per week £1.5 million in wages (he is probably on at least double that), meaning we are looking at £2.5 million profit.
Take it maths isn’t your strong point. We only paid a development fee of £2-300k for Aribo. If we gave paid him £2-2.5m then we still make a profit of £7m. With a sell on clause. If we don’t get all money you front that also is fine. Not unusual.

Why do you get so worked up without knowing the facts. All come out in the accounts.

There are other debates on the go. Some reckon Kent is on a par with the worst players in the history of football.

Some are having a conversation of whether Grace Jones or Kim Wilde is the better ride.

It would be Wilde of course.

So, lots to get your teeth in to.
Is the correct answer lol.

Would like to know how proactive Ross Wilson is when it comes to contract talks with our existing players. Everything always seems to take an age in this department - even with players who want to stay. We're getting into situations with players entering the last year of their deals far too often these days. Even Mark Allen didn't seem to have any trouble with getting players tied down on longer deals.

Look at Calvin Bassey for example - we signed him as a development player from Leicester. He wont be earning much right now, and he is loving it here. It should be extremely easy for us to offer him better terms and get him tied down on a longer deal. Personally I'm surprised it hasn't already happened.

It would be an utter disgrace if we're in the same position with Bassey this time next year as we are with Aribo, Kent, Morelos etc.

Ross Wilson should be making it happen at this very moment, and if not then why?
Big Calvin strikes me as a likeable, confident bloke who will make friends wherever he goes. I’m sure he will back himself to love life wherever he ends up. If that is the case he doesn’t really need to sign an extension just because he loves it here, he can bide his time secure in the knowledge that he’ll love the next place too. It is extremely easy to offer him a new contract, but not so easy to make him sign it. Is that Ross Wilson’s fault? Apparently we’ve priced him at 25m, could we afford the wages of a 25m player? If his agent is worth his salt that’s what he’d be looking for if we offered a new contract.

How can it be an utter disgrace not being able to force a human being into signing a contract they don’t want to sign? Slavery has been abolished and players are people.

Only if you accept and acknowledge that £6m upfront for Aribo is shite

giphy.gif

Yeah, I saw that. I was questioning the assertion that Lawrence is an idiot.
If he signs and comes away with any snash, Goldson will pin him to the wall.

I can’t comment on his football ability but by all accounts he’s a good player.

Would like to know how proactive Ross Wilson is when it comes to contract talks with our existing players. Everything always seems to take an age in this department - even with players who want to stay. We're getting into situations with players entering the last year of their deals far too often these days. Even Mark Allen didn't seem to have any trouble with getting players tied down on longer deals.

Look at Calvin Bassey for example - we signed him as a development player from Leicester. He wont be earning much right now, and he is loving it here. It should be extremely easy for us to offer him better terms and get him tied down on a longer deal. Personally I'm surprised it hasn't already happened.

It would be an utter disgrace if we're in the same position with Bassey this time next year as we are with Aribo, Kent, Morelos etc.

Ross Wilson should be making it happen at this very moment, and if not then

Ross Wilson should be making it happen at this very moment, and if not then why?
If you were paying attention (which you obviously arent), you'd realise that more and more players are running down their contracts. This gives them the following advantages
Bigger signing on fee (a £10m transfer might become a £5m signing on fee, extra £5m for player and club).
Possible increased choice of player choosing club he wants rather than who pays transfer fee.
Do you realise you can't make someone extend or get transferred against their wishes? Many posters on FF don't seem/want to acknowledge this

Pretend you're Ross Wilson. A player refuses to extend his contract. What do you do?
Threaten him?
Horses head in his bed?

6m or nothing? I know what i would rather.
Really cba getting into another debate about this but who says that's the choice? It's not the only options btw.

We're still very early in the transfer window, other clubs will lose midfielders in the coming weeks and will be looking for replacements.

All I'm saying is we didn't have to accept such a low offer so quickly.

Aribo’s flexibility (6, 8, 10, false 9) will see him likely keep a place in the team so achieving the “add ons” should not be as big a risk as some people in this thread think.

Did he not play 70 matches last season for club and country?
It’s £10 mill in the pokey mate. People losing their minds because it’s only £6 up front are unhinged or rabble rousers. It’s not ideal but it is what it is. We may even get another wee bump in a year or two if he gets a bigger move to another club for big dollar.

I’m happy with the deal as far as it goes. He’s got 1 year left what did people expect?

If it's 6m for aribo it's scandalous to be honest. Problem is no one seems to know what the actual deal is or the structure of it. I've seen a few different ones mentioned. So il hang fire with that until it's fact.
Seen colak being reported for under 2m, if that's the case then it's a decent bit of business regarding that deal.
Get him in and a couple of others and the whole outlook could change quickly

Take it maths isn’t your strong point. We only paid a development fee of £2-300k for Aribo. If we gave paid him £2-2.5m then we still make a profit of £7m. With a sell on clause. If we don’t get all money you front that also is fine. Not unusual.

Why do you get so worked up without knowing the facts. All come out in the accounts.
I take it talking like an adult is not yours? The £300k is what we paid Charlton. It ignores the hefty signing on fees we paid him and his agent.

If we are only guaranteed £6 million from this sale, it is likely we are breaking even on him when you factor in his wages. We MAY get more, and hopefully we do, but as it stands, it is not looking like a great deal for us.

I think folk need to calm down a bit regarding Aribo offer,

Its a case of when not if we will get the full 10 mil
Im looking at it this way,Aribo cost us 300k,we will get the 10 mil which makes it a 9.7 mil profit

Can we all just calm down a bit
Nobody knows ths add ons that's the problem, 6 million upfront is dreadful in my opinion. Would the folk defending it be happy with 6 million for Morelos and Kent? Doubt it very much.

Really cba getting into another debate about this but who says that's the choice? It's not the only options btw.

We're still very early in the transfer window, other clubs will lose midfielders in the coming weeks and will be looking for replacements.

All I'm saying is we didn't have to accept such a low offer so quickly.
Especially with rumours of Palace also being interested. I know we can't entice a bidding war that would take the fee to more than the release clause but surely we can garner enough interest to get the full whack up front with the sell-on

Especially with rumours of Palace also being interested. I know we can't entice a bidding war that would take the fee to more than the release clause but surely we can garner enough interest to get the full whack up front with the sell-on

I dont think we can get both tbh, if they trigger the clause the buying club will pay the £10m and we can whistle for a sell on fee.

Ive re-read Ornsteins tweet. Its open to any amount of interpretation. I presume everyones taking the "exceed £10M" as the sell on percentage. But its entirely possible the add-ons alone may take the deal above £10M then you could have the sell on percentage on top.

In which case, as long as the add-ons are achievable - Wilson could actually have done very well to flip a £10M clause into more money.

Its all subjective of course, without all the details being known, but i thought it fair to point out the potential for the deal to be far better than we thought we could get, in the long term.

Why on earth would you pay 10m plus a sell on up front when you only have to pay 10m?

In the circumstances, the deal we’ve made makes the best fiscal sense. It’ll likely exceed ten million because Joe isn’t staying at Southampton for long.

If you were paying attention (which you obviously arent), you'd realise that more and more players are running down their contracts. This gives them the following advantages
Bigger signing on fee (a £10m transfer might become a £5m signing on fee, extra £5m for player and club).
Possible increased choice of player choosing club he wants rather than who pays transfer fee.
Do you realise you can't make someone extend or get transferred against their wishes? Many posters on FF don't seem/want to acknowledge this

Pretend you're Ross Wilson. A player refuses to extend his contract. What do you do?
Threaten him?
Horses head in his bed?
Yes, you are right, there are a lot of people on here who still think the club can behave like Jim McLean in his Tannadice days.

Ive re-read Ornsteins tweet. Its open to any amount of interpretation. I presume everyones taking the "exceed £10M" as the sell on percentage. But its entirely possible the add-ons alone may take the deal above £10M then you could have the sell on percentage on top.

In which case, as long as the add-ons are achievable - Wilson could actually have done very well to flip a £10M clause into more money.

Its all subjective of course, without all the details being known, but i thought it fair to point out the potential for the deal to be far better than we thought we could get, in the long term.
It would be good but it is hard to square the thought with how Southampton, a team with not a kick in the arse off £100 million coming in for tv money this season, would look to give up a decent potential future fee for the sake of saving £4 million today.

Erm... They've spent money on Jota and Carter Vickers? Are we just pretending signing two players permanently that played a massive part in them winning a double isn't strengthing?
They have the same team as last season and it has stung them for £17 million. That is weaker, not stronger.

Obviously the addition of a left back and keeper is strengthening.

Is he? Someone posted his stats the other day and yellow and red cards were hardly dished out every other game.

I get he had the drink drive/accident incident but what other off field daftness is he prone to?

Serious question, I've no idea.
That Alan Nixon who seems to be the go to guy on lower league E glish moves has said he's not heard were one of the teams interested.

This has easily been the worst transfer thread in terms of the mood and such I can remember and it’s not even mid July.

It’s a slog but some saddo masochist I keep coming back

I take it talking like an adult is not yours? The £300k is what we paid Charlton. It ignores the hefty signing on fees we paid him and his agent.

If we are only guaranteed £6 million from this sale, it is likely we are breaking even on him when you factor in his wages. We MAY get more, and hopefully we do, but as it stands, it is not looking like a great deal for us.
You haven’t got a clue what the deal is. You are talking utter shite.

We know no figures. You are listening to hearsay and gossip getting all worked up and stirring up a fuss when you know nothing at all.

Let's face it, this fabled "model" often mentioned doesn't actually exist. In the context of we don't replace Aribo easily, whenever you desire that we keep a player you are told immediately that you have to get your head around the "buy low sell high" model. If the sale of Aribo for that reported fee is the expression of that model, I think I'll stick with wanting us to hold on to our best players. I hope Kent and Morelos sign extensions and continue as Rangers players, and won't ever be persuaded that a better alternative "model" exists that's better than that.
100 fucking percent.

They don't but do they? They've spent money on a new left back aswell.
Well, if that had been your point, you would have had a point. As it turns out, you have just repeated MY point back to me. Well done.

Just to remind you, your point was 'They've spent money on Jota and Carter Vickers? Are we just pretending signing two players permanently that played a massive part in them winning a double isn't strengthing (sic)?'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back