The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's be honest, every time we concede a goal there's going to be a clamour to replace McLaughlin with McGregor or vice versa. I don't think McLaughlin did anything wrong the other night. You could argue that his positioning was a bit off for Livi's goal, but there were far more glaring errors elsewhere.
Never mind conceding a goal, every time we lose a match there’s a clamour to get rid of everyone and buy a whole new team. Beat Kilmarnock and the forum will go back to numerous threads of how great individual players are, the same players that 5 days ago posters were saying aren’t good enough for our team. Round and round we go.

It’s been happening for 30 years.
True. I honestly thought that the half arsed approach to pre season last year which contributed to the Malmo fiasco would not be repeated. I said at the end of last season that we needed to get our transfers done as soon as possible and we didnt really. I also said we needed to play as many hard pre season games as possible to get us up to speed. We didnt really do that either in my opinion. We never seem to learn, our most important games of the season come at the start and we never seem prepared.

Bipolar mate, especially match day threads. It's nuts.
The place is actually unbearable after a defeat until our next game.

It’s everyone’s fault and everyone is in the firing line. Both barrels ofc.

Yes the performance the other night was very poor and individually and as a team it was poor to say the least, but guess what, it’s football and sometimes we will have games like that.

The vitriol on here aimed at some though is disgusting but we are either the greatest team in the world or should be ripping up and starting again.

There’s never anything in between here.

Yes the performance the other night was very poor and individually and as a team it was poor to say the least, but guess what, it’s football and sometimes we will have games like that.

The vitriol on here aimed at some though is disgusting but we are either the greatest team in the world or should be ripping up and starting again.

That’s why it’s best to give it a day or so before looking back in.

Pretty sure we’d need to get rid of some first but it’s clear that we still need -

- Top quality number 1 GK
- Box to box, tough tackling, dynamic, creative number 8 midfielder
- Maybe a quality loan striker

Morelos & Kent new deals.

Tuesdays nights game is worth an additional £7m (parachute payment, sold out Ibrox & TV) even if we don’t get by PSV or Monaco - massive match.

As if the mainstream media agenda against us isn't bad enough. Sorry to use the term bipolar and I didn't mean any offence to those who are.

Pretty sure we’d need to get rid of some first but it’s clear that we still need -

Tuesdays nights game is worth an additional £7m (parachute payment, sold out Ibrox & TV) even if we don’t get by PSV or Monaco - massive match.

Would love to see this - can you think of any realistic targets?

I thought we were signing somebody with all the new posts.

me too, just had to waste valuable time :) trawling thru pages of unadulterated pish from the usual suspects, with McLaughlin their target today.

Should be a separate thread purely for the merchants of doom (and Tims), who's lives are so empty they just ust want to spend all day slagging our players off !

Why??
McLaughlin has done nothing to deserve to be dropped.
Goal at Livi was on Souter and Barasic.
The first goal on Tuesday was on Jack and Barasic getting bullied then a deflected shot past McLaughlin, also pretty sure McLaughlin kept us in with any slight chance with the one on one save after our defenders yet again gave the ball directly to an opposing player.

Yes other players are cuplable in both goals, however McLaughlin makes mistakes at both.

Hes not good enough to be our no1.

Good shout too actually, but I think I read earlier they are just about to spunk £33m on a midfielder from France!
Gilmore will want to go where he can shine he won’t want another nightmare like Norwich.

I’ll be Frank if I may I won’t rule it out.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

How do you know that though?

In the aftermath of a howling night, and listen it was a rancid performance, folk are now just barking up about their personal preference and claiming that's the reason for the defeat. See it's because we didn't sign this player or that player, basically see I was right.

The last 5 windows have covered an unbeaten league season and a trip to a European Final. Do you think it's maybe possible that the football people at the club just don't agree we need the players that certain punters are so convinced we do?
I’ve already acknowledged elsewhere that both Gio and Gerrard may not feel a box to box midfielder fits in with the way they want to play the game, and you’re right, we haven’t done too badly without that type of player in the last couple of years, but there’s always room for improvement, right?

Last summer we were purportedly interested in signing Veerman from Dutch football for a substantial sum and just two or three weeks ago we were looking to spend £5m+ on Fulgini, two players that fit the bill of the sort of quality central midfielder I and others on here feel we lack, so evidently the club have been considering that sort of player too, which makes it a little odd that we haven’t seemingly maintained our interest in doing so throughout a transfer window or certainly from one window to the next.

Thing is last Year I was screaming for a CAM and a RW because we only needed to add 2 real quality players back then as nobody of note was sold.

This Year is different, we've invested and brought in a few and what I want if we qualify for the CL is a high quality Midfielder. Not like the Hagi/Matondo model. Proper quality like you can see they'd bring us up a level like a Veerman, that'll cost us 5+m though.
The point I think I made earlier though was that waiting until we reach the CL before splashing out on that sort of player may end up being an exercise in futility.

Last summer I could understand it because we hadn’t made any sales and the board would have already been aware of the projected losses they were expecting to make.

This summer is a bit different when we’ve raked in almost £30m from sales on the back of a similar amount from our European run.

If we’re not going to splash out big on one or two players of real quality with that sort of money coming in, are we ever?

Billy would be a god loan to buy type of a signing that we have been doing recently. He's at an age where he needs games, which he will get here.

While it might be tempting to see if we could get a player of Gilmour’s ability in on loan, is he actually the sort of midfielder we need?

Had we let Davis ride off in the sunset the answer would probably be yes, but we didn’t so bringing in Gilmour to effectively perform the same function in the squad almost instantly makes handing the Ulsterman another year kind of redundant.

It’s why I don’t think the Gilmour thing will happen, and in all honesty I still feel it’s a more advanced player of quality we should be looking to add in there rather than another defensive one.

Billy would be a god loan to buy type of a signing that we have been doing recently. He's at an age where he needs games, which he will get here.

Id take him on loan with an option to buy, definitely. Theres a lot of ability there. It makes Kamara easier to sell and Jack is never fit anyway.

He wouldnt be at the top of my shopping list either though

The point I think I made earlier though was that waiting until we reach the CL before splashing out on that sort of player may end up being an exercise in futility.

Last summer I could understand it because we hadn’t made any sales and the board would have already been aware of the projected losses they were expecting to make.

This summer is a bit different when we’ve raked in almost £30m from sales on the back of a similar amount from our European run.

If we’re not going to splash out big on one or two players of real quality with that sort of money coming in, are we ever?
Probably not in the clear yet mate, we've had a very good 2 transfer windows regarding fees in but maybe there is too much risk and we still need a good guarantee of funds. I think even if we fail to make CL we should bring in a high calibre players be it CM or GK.

While it might be tempting to see if we could get a player of Gilmour’s ability in on loan, is he actually the sort of midfielder we need?

Had we let Davis ride off in the sunset the answer would probably be yes, but we didn’t so bringing in Gilmour to effectively perform the same function in the squad almost instantly makes handing the Ulsterman another year kind of redundant.

It’s why I don’t think the Gilmour thing will happen, and in all honesty I still feel it’s a more advanced player of quality we should be looking to add in there rather than another defensive one.
What price a young Steven Davis?

That's what I think when I consider Billy Gilmore in our jersey. He has a bit to go obviously to reach that level but absolutely has all the attributes required to fill that role.

So you want an Ngolo Kante/de Bruyne hybrid? I'm pretty sure those types do not grow on trees.

Probably not in the clear yet mate, we've had a very good 2 transfer windows regarding fees in but maybe there is too much risk and we still need a good guarantee of funds. I think even if we fail to make CL we should bring in a high calibre players be it CM or GK.
I get all that, I get that we’re probably being financially prudent and thinking about the medium to long term picture, which is correct, but at the same time, if we fail to qualify for the CL and then lose the title to the Yahoos once again, the knives will be out and inevitably fans will ask why we didn’t add greater quality when we had the chance.

Speculate to accumulate. Isn’t that what they say?

What price a young Steven Davis?

That's what I think when I consider Billy Gilmore in our jersey. He has a bit to go obviously to reach that level but absolutely has all the attributes required to fill that role.
Sure he does, but if you’re the board and Gio is coming to you saying, “I’d like us to try and push the boat out for Billy Gilmour”, you’re going to be asking why we’ve just handed Steven Davis another year’s contract.

You’re also probably going to be asking who of the current bloated midfield roster we have are going to be sold to make room for him.

Agree mate but I don’t think you can have enough keep the ball midfielders for europe especially. But even if we get Gilmore we should be buying a dynamic box to box CAM and a GK as total priority before the window slams shit on us.

I’m not disagreeing Bluebeard.

I want a player of quality, who can make passes, make runs, and do the dirty side in terms of tracking runners & making tackles.

For something like 5m, we should really be expecting that.

I do accept it would be conditional on 2 or 3 out, including fees. Eg Niko, Simpson, Helander out ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back