The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need a new CB.

Currently have only one fit first choice CB (considering Katic isn't in Gio's plans)

Souttar, Helander & Davies injured/needing time to get up to speed.

Leon King isn't quite ready to be the mainstay, and Sands would be better in midfield.

Cannot go the season like that.

You do realise Davies will get up to speed soon enough and the other 2 have injuries that they will recover from?

Gigi Becali gave a firm answer, after the offer of 6 million euros for Darius Olaru, received from Rangers. The boss of the red-blues declared that the midfielder is not for sale at the moment.

The midfielder is wanted by Rangers
Darius Olaru is wanted by Glasgow Rangers, a team for which Ianis Hagi also plays. The team from Scotland is willing to pay the amount of 6 million euros, to secure the services of the midfielder from

Gigi Becali is not willing to sell Darius Olaru, and stated that he is not currently considering a departure of the midfielder. At the same time, the boss from FCSB also testified that, after the round match in the Conference League play-off, against the Vikings, the discussions regarding Olaru's transfer will be resumed.

Gigi Becali also revealed the fact that, in case of Darius Olaru's departure, other players will be brought in under the command of Nicolae Dică.

"Who wants to give this money? Rangers? I am not discussing Olaru now. An offer may also come today from Real Madrid, from Barcelona and offer me anything. I don't argue. Olaru is not for sale now.

From Friday we resume the discussions, let's see how we will be then. But for now, no one is leaving, no one is coming.

Let us get into groups and then we will discuss differently. Maybe a player will leave, but I will certainly bring reinforcements so that we can cope on all fronts", said Gigi Becali, for digisport.ro.

Darius Olaru is one of the key players in Nicolae Dică's team. The midfielder has scored 10 matches in the current season, scoring a goal in the draw with Mioveni, from the fourth stage.

Gigi Becali gave a firm answer, after the offer of 6 million euros for Darius Olaru, received from Rangers. The boss of the red-blues declared that the midfielder is not for sale at the moment.

Darius Olaru is wanted by Glasgow Rangers, a team for which Ianis Hagi also plays. The team from Scotland is willing to pay the amount of 6 million euros, to secure the services of the midfielder from

Gigi Becali is not willing to sell Darius Olaru, and stated that he is not currently considering a departure of the midfielder. At the same time, the boss from FCSB also testified that, after the round match in the Conference League play-off, against the Vikings, the discussions regarding Olaru's transfer will be resumed.

Gigi Becali also revealed the fact that, in case of Darius Olaru's departure, other players will be brought in under the command of Nicolae Dică.

"Who wants to give this money? Rangers? I am not discussing Olaru now. An offer may also come today from Real Madrid, from Barcelona and offer me anything. I don't argue. Olaru is not for sale now.

From Friday we resume the discussions, let's see how we will be then. But for now, no one is leaving, no one is coming.

Let us get into groups and then we will discuss differently. Maybe a player will leave, but I will certainly bring reinforcements so that we can cope on all fronts", said Gigi Becali, for digisport.ro.

Darius Olaru is one of the key players in Nicolae Dică's team. The midfielder has scored 10 matches in the current season, scoring a goal in the draw with Mioveni, from the fourth stage.
Interestingly there was an article from a couple of weeks ago saying that a deal had been agreed at some stage maybe we are in for him depending on how both teams euro qualifying goes

I’m not writing them off, Matondo in particular has offered plenty already but we’ve made a big investment in these players to not play them in a game as important as last night was.
And the players who got us into this play-off via their performance last year in the league, Europe and the previous round have more than earned a crack at getting us into the champions League group stages (not just to be tossed aside for a new younger model with superb potential but who's yet to fully develop).

You watch the epl? How can anybody possibly say football is not getting more and more about pace and power? You must be the only person to think this.
You’re spot on, what makes the top players the top players is they have both technique and Pace & power in abudance.

I guess we are trying to increase the technical quality of the team at the cost of physical qualities which should benefit us domestically but maybe not so much in Europe. Our right side of defence and (soon to be) left side of defence (Davies and Yilmaz) are pretty polar opposites

It is a bit of a worry, especially domestically. I always thought we had one of the biggest squads...the last couple of seasons with old firm games we bullied them physically.

In saying that, PSV looked massive last night. Probably the biggest side we've faced.
A said that to my mate beside me last night at the game during the warm up how tall some there players were the midfielder sangare was a giant then they brought on substitution branthwaite he was even taller again a would say they’re definitely one of the biggest sides we’ve faced

Last edited:
He'll be a decent covering CB, but he's too "floaty" as @Bluebeard said the other day. A wee bit blow over in the wind type of build.

We need a built, rapid centre half that takes no shite.

Davies seems too nice.
I think I said “ willowy” but yeh agree mate.

Prob more of a ball playing centre half but not a meaty commanding one.

Obligatory YouTube video but going by it he looks the type of midfielder we are crying out for

What position does Olaru play? 24 was older than i first thought but entering prime perhaps.

Wonder why he hadn't got the move before if he's been around a while

Millions of pounds worth of talent on the bench last night that we just signed and nowhere to be seen. Must be the worst Club in world football who sign players who need weeks and weeks to ‘get up to speed’. Still, I’m sure we’ll parade all our big money signings against Queen of the South.

Becali is a maniac but I don’t believe he would name drop us and say discussions were due to resume on Friday if there wasn’t something going on behind the scenes. He’s been getting linked for us for months now there’s got to be something in it.

The Olaru chat has been going on for too long from their side for nothing to be in it. Most of our transfer news breaks from foreign journalists now based in the country the player in question is playing in and whilst Becali is an absolute loonball, I suspect this rumour would have been rubbished by our usual selected media partners if there was nothing in it

Millions of pounds worth of talent on the bench last night that we just signed and nowhere to be seen. Must be the worst Club in world football who sign players who need weeks and weeks to ‘get up to speed’. Still, I’m sure we’ll parade all our big money signings against Queen of the South.

Aye we're the only club on the planet that happens to.

I said the same thing earlier… Mental that our 3 biggest signings didn’t even get on the pitch for a game of this magnitude.

Still concerned at who and where we have spent our cash this summer.

Modern game is all about strength, pace, and power and none of our signings scream any of that.

We look weak as piss and our weakness at defending set pieces will be our downfall all season long.

What type of midfielder is he? I thought he was a number 10 so don't see how he fits into our starting 11 with Tillman and Lawrence both in and around that position.
if we sign this guy, then it'll be him Tillman plus another I'd think, him and Tillman together would be great,same wave length, which can't be said for a few of our players in relation to the way Tillman can see a game

I can still see fashion leaving tbh

That's a shout. The fact Fashion hasn't featured since pre season possibly suggests that we'd rather flip him for a profit and bring in a player who'd be more useful in a deeper attacking role. In terms of wide players we've got a decent amount. Other than Tillman/Lawrence we are light in the middle in an attacking sense due to Hagi's injury.

if we sign this guy, then it'll be him Tillman plus another I'd think, him and Tillman together would be great,same wave length, which can't be said for a few of our players in relation to the way Tillman can see a game
Suspect you’d be looking at the strongest 3 of Olaru, Lundstram and Tillman with Davis, Jack and kamara (if he stays) rotating with one of Olaru and Lundstram for “lesser games”

What type of midfielder is he? I thought he was a number 10 so don't see how he fits into our starting 11 with Tillman and Lawrence both in and around that position.

At a younger age he played more of a 10/and out wide. Now he’s played as a CM - can play as a deep lying central midfielder or more box to box, 6 or an 8 or even as a wide CM - mobile, creative, two footed, can start an attack, he’s got a bit of bite about him and gets about the park.

That's a shout. The fact Fashion hasn't featured since pre season possibly suggests that we'd rather flip him for a profit and bring in a player who'd be more useful in a deeper attacking role. In terms of wide players we've got a decent amount. Other than Tillman/Lawrence we are light in the middle in an attacking sense due to Hagi's injury.
Gigi Becali did not just pulled our name out his bottom if he's put it out in public, so by that logic, I refuse to belive that Olaru and Hagi have not spoken

At a younger age he played more of a 10/and out wide. Now he’s played as a CM - can play as a deep lying central midfielder or more box to box, 6 or an 8 or even as a wide CM - mobile, creative, two footed, can start an attack, he’s got a bit of bite about him and gets about the park.
I've just hit a stauner reading the 2nd half of that post. Get him signed then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back