The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
it really is, it's about fitness, power, recovery, speed, diet, I don't think Matt Le Tissier would thrive in today's game do you?

Compare and contrast the build of players today vs the players of 10-15 years ago.
Alresdy replied to this.

Yes it's about pace but it's not about height (as the debate at the time was) and power.

All about pace and energy.

Where does Olaru play mostly for his club?

I notice transfermarkt has him down as an attacking midfielder but the YouTube clips make him look a bit more box-to-box.

I said the same thing earlier… Mental that our 3 biggest signings didn’t even get on the pitch for a game of this magnitude.

Still concerned at who and where we have spent our cash this summer.

Modern game is all about strength, pace, and power and none of our signings scream any of that.

We look weak as piss and our weakness at defending set pieces will be our downfall all season long.
Biggest mistake imo you're making there is assuming our biggest signings are the ones who cost the most.

Imo Colak and Lawrence are excellent signings and guarantee goals.

Tillman played and played well.

Matondo and Yilmaz are young and maybe Gio didn't want too young a team out there against a very good side?

Yes, it would have been nice to have Davies available but that doesn't mean he was guaranteed a start either.

We're still in this.

I think you are underestimating how much COVID impacted and how much we owed in loans etc.

In that case we would have been in a right knot without making the final / the Paterson cash / the Gerrard cash / the Bassey Cash / the itten cash.

If we accounted for that revenue this time last year we are among the luckiest businesses that’s in it

I noticed Stephen Kelly still training with the first team. Be good to get him moved on as much for his own career as anything else. Ditto Katic.

If we progress to the group stages it would be good to think we could add another quality player.

If we don't progress could we potentially lose Kent and/or Morelos and therefore have to replace one or both of them?

it really is, it's about fitness, power, recovery, speed, diet, I don't think Matt Le Tissier would thrive in today's game do you?

Compare and contrast the build of players today vs the players of 10-15 years ago.
See my last post.
Skill, for your position, and intelligence, not in your top five qualities?

We haven’t reduced a lot in wages though that’s the difference.
We probably haven’t but we have moved a few and will move a few before the window shuts we also got Simpson of the wage bill who was in decent money.

I honestly think we would be better to sell Kamara as his stock is still fairly high.

I doubt any midfielders will leave or come in. Think people are running away with a comment from that rather mental FCSB owner than going off anything particularly concrete.

Wow...FFS. Are people that naive?
You mean the losses we incurred aren’t written off?
The flip side is that those who “loaned” the money actually agreed to be repaid in shares so perhaps the amount we need to repay isn’t as much as some think.
Have I covered both arguments?

Nonsense but essential qualities? Haha you can't make some up on here.
Yes.
Nonsense that these are the only qualities you need in todays game, and those were the only qualities mentioned.
However, there is no doubt there is a need for them alongside those I mentioned.
Does that explain things better for you?
I can’t understand why my reply could be ridiculed.

You mean the losses we incurred aren’t written off?
The flip side is that those who “loaned” the money actually agreed to be repaid in shares so perhaps the amount we need to repay isn’t as much as some think.
Have I covered both arguments?
I'm not so sure that's the case any more and hasn't been for a couple of years. At the start it definitely was, not now. Loans these days are cash loans and are interest bearing - all the way back to the King loan we had to take out another loan to pay off last year.

The Accounts we see this Nov/Dec will be very interesting.

I'm not so sure that's the case any more and hasn't been for a couple of years. At the start it definitely was, not now. Loans these days are cash loans and are interest bearing - all the way back to the King loan we had to take out another loan to pay off last year.

The Accounts we see this Nov/Dec will be very interesting.
I thought as much to be honest, thanks though.

We've lost Balogun, Aribo, Bassey, Itten, Hastie. We've brought in Davies, Yilmaz, Čolak, Matondo, Tillman, Lawrence and Souttar and resigned McGregor, Davis and Arfield (on much reduced terms).
I would imagine our wage bill is still too high, so we'll need to have funds to pay for expected losses this season (unless we make Group stages of UCL).

I don't remember Katic being particularly strong in the air defensively to be honest.

He doesn't fit in with Gio's philosophy of playing out from the back anyway, so I guess we just work on defending corners better with who we have.
He wasn’t to me either.
Plenty disagreed at the time though, insisting he would header his granny and was a warrior.

Last edited:
My mate has just told me there’s some sort of rumour going around on WhatsApp (I know, I know) that Ryan Jack is away to QPR for 4 mil! Just to get something to talk about, don’t think he’d make that move if he was offered it anyway
I think that would reflect Beale taking his (Glasgow) Rangers-supporting credentials a bit too far.;)

We've lost Balogun, Aribo, Bassey, Itten, Hastie. We've brought in Davies, Yilmaz, Čolak, Matondo, Tillman, Lawrence and Souttar and resigned McGregor, Davis and Arfield (on much reduced terms).
I would imagine our wage bill is still too high, so we'll need to have funds to pay for expected losses this season (unless we make Group stages of UCL).
Why are you expecting losses?

My mate has just told me there’s some sort of rumour going around on WhatsApp (I know, I know) that Ryan Jack is away to QPR for 4 mil! Just to get something to talk about, don’t think he’d make that move if he was offered it anyway

The Beale connection would make sense. Only issue with Jack going, is that he ticks the home grown quota box.

Otherwise its a deal that probably makes sense. Jack will never be fully fit for a sustained period of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back