The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the players who got us into this play-off via their performance last year in the league, Europe and the previous round have more than earned a crack at getting us into the champions League group stages (not just to be tossed aside for a new younger model with superb potential but who's yet to fully develop).
We should always be looking to improve.

The financial situation if we beat PSV changes everything.
Not really. The only known guaranteed money of the Champs league is the group entry fee of £13.2m. If we fall to the Europa it's £3m. Add in the £4.2m parachute payment along with gate receipts, tv and other income from the two qualifiers and it must be somewhere about £10m at the same stage so not a massive difference. The TV money between the two is also very similar. The bigger income in the CL is down to win and draw bonuses along with progressing from the groups but none of that is guaranteed. So after the PSV game, the difference at that point between the two will be around £3-3.5m.

Last edited:
Not really. The only known guaranteed money of the Champs league is the group entry fee of £13.2m. If we fall to the Europa if's £3m. Add in the £4.2m parachute payment along with gate receipts, tv and other income from the two qualifiers and it must be somewhere about £10m at the same stage so not a massive difference. The TV money between the two is also very similar. The bigger income in the CL is down to win and draw bonuses along with progressing from the groups but none of that is guaranteed. So after the PSV game, the difference at that point between the two will be around £3-3.5m.
Saw a few different reports but I think you are right.

It isn't the mega money game that it will be built up to be.

The difference between the guaranteed money is between 5-10m.

We could of course make that in the Europa by getting a few wins and making the last 16.

Saw a few different reports but I think you are right.

It isn't the mega money game that it will be built up to be.

The difference between the guaranteed money is between 5-10m.

We could of course make that in the Europa by getting a few wins and making the last 16.
Think it’s over the £10m mate, and that was based on the Dhims being so bad - highly likely, but you never know - that they don’t drop down into the EL. If we end up in the EL we can close the gap with a decent run and a few wins. Unfortunately, if they too drop to the EL they might do likewise, so the gap wouldn’t close.

Clearest example yet. It’s not a £40m loss but assuming we do better than 2 wins, 1 draw and get through (and they don’t), it’s still a difference of at least £15m.
That's not what that says is it?

Is that not assuming two wins one draw in all scenarios? In reality, we are much more likely to win/draw in Europa League than CL.

Clearest example yet. It’s not a £40m loss but assuming we do better than 2 wins, 1 draw and get through (and they don’t), it’s still a difference of at least £15m.
What’s their operating costs in comparison?

Isn’t their wage bill a lot higher or are we tht close now?

Win the league this year and try see them qualify I seriously doubt it

Yeah, which is even more annoying after chucking a 2-1 lead other night leaving us right up against it
Still feel regardless of next week that Evander could be a proper marquee but affordable signing. He's someone I've banged on about on here for yonks. I genuinely feel he's gettable for us it's whether the board want to show real ambition with it.

Still feel regardless of next week that Evander could be a proper marquee but affordable signing. He's someone I've banged on about on here for yonks. I genuinely feel he's gettable for us it's whether the board want to show real ambition with it.
They want €10m for him I just can’t see the board splashing that money unfortunately.

They want €10m for him I just can’t see the board splashing that money unfortunately.
I feel with what we've brought in money wise from sales and Europa run, and guaranteed Europa group at minimum again, 10m Euros for a player of his calibre is more than value for money and affordable for us.

The squad is majorly bloated.. I count 31.

McLaughlin, McGregor, Mcrorie

Tav, Zukowski

Barisic, Yilmaz

Goldson, Davies, Souttar, King, Helander, Katic

Lundstram, Jack, Davis, Sands, Kamara, Mcann, Kelly

Matondo, Wright

Tiliman, Arfield, Lawrence, Lowry, Hagi

Kent, Sakala

Morelos, Colak, Roofe

The balance just doesn't seem right imo..

- We have 1 realible CB.

- LB could be an issue depending on how good Yilamz is and how quickly he settles.

- We have 5 CMs who all effectively do the same job.. far too one dimensional.

- We're overloaded with No10s.

- Lowry & Mcann have no chance of seeing much first team football this season which is criminal.

I don't see much forward planning in that squad at all.

Because he should never,ever have been allowed to leave.
If you had been watching carefully,you would have seen,that the big guy was our best CB.
He absolutely wasn't our best centre back. He has gotten better with each passing day since he left because people are not wanting to give our new centre backs a slight fucking chance and completely ignoring the many shaky performances Balogun had

He absolutely wasn't our best centre back. He has gotten better with each passing day since he left because people are not wanting to give our new centre backs a slight fucking chance and completely ignoring the many shaky performances Balogun had
Shaky performances you say,have you been watching how shaky Goldson has been without Balogun.

I'm thinking we need four strikers.
We have Morelos and Colak and at the moment Roofe, but when he's fit he'll probably go for a couple of months before being injured.
We need another.

I'm thinking we need four strikers.
We have Morelos and Colak and at the moment Roofe, but when he's fit he'll probably go for a couple of months before being injured.
We need another.
We need four strikers for one place?

That would be a stunning sales pitch to bring someone in to be third or fourth choice. Well, someone worth signing that is.

The squad is majorly bloated.. I count 31.

McLaughlin, McGregor, Mcrorie

Tav, Zukowski

Barisic, Yilmaz

Goldson, Davies, Souttar, King, Helander, Katic

Lundstram, Jack, Davis, Sands, Kamara, Mcann, Kelly

Matondo, Wright

Tiliman, Arfield, Lawrence, Lowry, Hagi

Kent, Sakala

Morelos, Colak, Roofe

The balance just doesn't seem right imo..

- We have 1 realible CB.

- LB could be an issue depending on how good Yilamz is and how quickly he settles.

- We have 5 CMs who all effectively do the same job.. far too one dimensional.

- We're overloaded with No10s.

- Lowry & Mcann have no chance of seeing much first team football this season which is c

I don't see much forward planning in that squad at all.

You don't see much forward planning?

McGregor, Davis, Arfield are all here for a year to help others settle.

Matondo and Yilmaz add to the sellable assets if they hit their potential. Tillman could be the same if he signs permanently.

Tavernier, Goldson, Davies, Lawrence, Lundstram, Jack and Roofe are in their prime years in a traditional sense. Some of them will still be with us years from now.

Hagi, Kamara, Morelos and Kent are the main sellable assets just now. On top of those listed above, youngsters like King, Lowry, Devine and McCann have a chance of adding to that.

Katic and Kelly will leave.

The likes of Barisic and Helander are likely to be moved on in time to make space for upcoming youths/signings.

We have a good mix of youth, experience and players in their prime, along with a number of players who could make us serious money. From an overall squad perspective, I think we're in a very good place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back