Official The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kevin Nisbet is joining IMO

I hope your wrong - we need better than Nisbet - he would be fine as a back up but we already have Colak for that so unless we sell Colak for the same fee we pay for Nesbit (as he’s HG) then it’s a no deal from me.

Walcott would be a disaster in my opinion. We need people hungry to make an impression, he gives the impression he’s been phoning it in for years.

I noticed recently that the manager there was praising his professionalism and attitude. I think he largely burnt out from the pressures of playing so much at a high level at such a young age, and that shows now.

One thing I do believe is that managers often like to have an experienced option up front, like we had with Lafferty then Defoe under Gerrard, so I think Beale will at least look at some players that way.

I have that vibe too re Matondo I must say I feel since his re-introduction he has looked tighter in the team and I do like that every game he makes sure he tries a few shots from distance . It keeps us believing we are going to get another goal imo .
I did find it interesting that Beale subbed off Sakala who's on 2 and not Matondo.

Hard to tell if its shop window, or trying to build confidence in him, but either way he appears to be getting a chance.

I noticed recently that the manager there was praising his professionalism and attitude. I think he largely burnt out from the pressures of playing so much at a high level at such a young age, and that shows now.

One thing I do believe is that managers often like to have an experienced option up front, like we had with Lafferty then Defoe under Gerrard, so I think Beale will at least look at some players that way.
If he signed I’d be delighted if I was proved wrong. As you alluded to, I think the amount of football he played at a young age and high level would make it unlikely he could sustain it well into his 30’s. I also think players that relied on pace rarely keep doing well as a veteran, Giggs and Vardy being notable exceptions.
I’m sure we will sign an older striker, just don’t think it should be Walcott.

My a rumour but a question.

James Milner free agents, experience, high standards etc.

Could offer cover in midfield and defence.

Could he be the grey haired option?
Beale clarified the Grey Hair statement at the press conference. He said it wouldn’t be a veteran, but someone with experience in European football and playing for a big club with expectations.

We've been linked with Parfait Guiagon of Maccabi Tel Aviv. Plays as a left winger or attacking midfielder. He looks quite quick going by YouTube clips, but more importantly, he's a ball carrier with great dribbling skills.

A player with that skill set could be good for breaking down teams that love to play the low block against us, when speed isn't really that much use.
I think that is what we will see from wee Ridvan once he settles. I think he will run the ball into the box as often as he crosses it.

Kevin Nisbet is joining IMO
I've said this on here a few times. I'm not "ITK" btw but I had a conversation with someone who knows him well before and when I asked them if he'd sign for rangers they burst in to laughter and said there no way he would. This was two years ago and make what you wish of it but for that reason I don't see it.

I have that vibe too re Matondo I must say I feel since his re-introduction he has looked tighter in the team and I do like that every game he makes sure he tries a few shots from distance . It keeps us believing we are going to get another goal imo .
I thought he looked passable in the first couple of games after his reintroduction but has regressed again in the last two or three.

If anyone was interested in taking him off our hands I think we’d happily oblige. Failing that we’ll be stuck with him as a squad player next season.

Reckon he would be 5-6 million. But wouldn’t be surprised to see us spend that with the importance of bringing goals to the team.He fits the hybrid style Beale likes, is also athletic and fast and can interchange all around the front 3. I know at one point he was leading the assists in the conference league.

Would love a big striker like Kouame.

If we can add a deadly goalscorer of a decent standard it would take this team up a couple of levels. Its something those lot have always managed to find. A technically decent forward.

For all that little Japanese prik annoys me hes a dangerous player who always gives a goal threat.

I hope its something Beale can sort out this summer. Having a striker who opposition teams fear can play a big psychological role in a game.

I thought he looked passable in the first couple of games after his reintroduction but has regressed again in the last two or three.

If anyone was interested in taking him off our hands I think we’d happily oblige. Failing that we’ll be stuck with him as a squad player next season.
Considering his reported wages we need to be looking at a permanent transfer.

It will be extremely tough to move him on though.

Caught some highlights of Walcott recently and he looked in good nick still very very quick and looking a bit more polished in front of goal all these years on . You know he has had loads of good coaching and experience too .

However hasn’t he still got some injury / availability issues ?

Whats folks views on Theo Walcott..
I did wonder about him as an option he caught the eye in scoring in a couple of big matches recently it as only highlights but I think he was playing centre forward .

Assume this would be an option we’re we to move on Matondo ?

Walcott hasn't been a regular since the 2018/19 season. Barely played above 20 games a season since Corona was just a beer.

Definitely one to avoid.

Beale clarified the Grey Hair statement at the press conference. He said it wouldn’t be a veteran, but someone with experience in European football and playing for a big club with expectations.

I thought it might be Alex Chamberlain that he was talking about. Free transfer been at big clubs, played big games, will know beale and neil banfield quite well i would imagine. Know he has had some injuries but on a free transfer might not be as big a risk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back