Official The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was really against Sam Lammers due to his poor scoring stats and lack of progression.

But I stopped stat watching and I read up on him and watched videos of him and saw so many similarities to Skov Olsen.

Tall, pacey and very good with the ball at his feet. Both have struggled in Seria A and Skov Olsen moved to a decent league and has really done well

I really think Lammers could be a decent signing as a winger, but not as a number 9.
Thought this too. Watching some of his videos Lammers seemed to be coming off the left rather than playing as a central striker. Looks skilfull, quick and he's got the physicality Beale has mentioned.

Tbh I don't think there's much in it between Souttar and Goldson at their peak - I think that would be a fair comment to make. They're both very similar style of centre halves with similar attributes and they're both great fits for us.

The one thing we know for certain though is that Goldson is available to be at his peak far more often than Souttar is.

I think if we sign the lad Trusty we'll have a group of 3 very good centre halves available to us.

Tbh I don't think there's much in it between Souttar and Goldson at their peak - I think that would be a fair comment to make. They're both very similar style of centre halves with similar attributes and they're both great fits for us.

The one thing we know for certain though is that Goldson is available to be at his peak far more often than Souttar is.

I think if we sign the lad Trusty we'll have a group of 3 very good centre halves available to us.
It doesn’t seem like a certainty anymore.

Goldson has probably went through more injuries this season than he has the 4 seasons prior.

I hope he hasn’t lost that robustness. The fact he’s been playing 50-60 games a season for 5 years on the bounce has probably contributed to his body finally giving way.

Last edited:
I don’t think you see Goldson take it by a man the way Soutter does, Goldson is more likely to pass it onto a midfielder right away or pass it square, or go long.

I Don’t mean take it by a man by beating him, but by taking a few touches and pushing forward leaving the opposition player behind him rather than passing ball when the forward is still infront of him.

Creating space for another one of our players further up the park

Probably nonsense I’m sure but think I can remember him being mentioned a while back
Not sure if I remember him being linked, but we were linked with another Kenyan a while ago - Joseph Okumu from Gent. Tall left sided centre half, has been doing well in Belgium by all accounts but his spot is shared with another good left footer in Torunarigha.

Would not mind seeing him come to Ibrox. When Okumu was at Elfsborg, some of the coaches in the league said he was the best centre half in their league’s history.

Not sure if I remember him being linked, but we were linked with another Kenyan a while ago - Joseph Okumu from Gent. Tall left sided centre half, has been doing well in Belgium by all accounts but his spot is shared with another good left footer in Torunarigha.

Would not mind seeing him come to Ibrox. When Okumu was at Elfsborg, some of the coaches in the league said he was the best centre half in their league’s history.
Yeh I remember Okumu. I was all for that one.

How in the feck is saying a fit Souttar Trumps Goldson showing Goldson disrespect? It's my opinion. Injuries aside, Souttar is the better football player.
How about waiting till he's made more than 13 appearances? Even in that short time he's managed to cost us an Old Firm game. I'm a fan of Souttar, but our record without Goldson is absolutely horrific.

Evans could be a good signing for a few reasons, one being him and Goldson would be very good together, he looks like he would be vocal and be able to talk Yilmaz through a game.

As for king he would learn a lot from him.
Yeah 3 years ago,
He is 35 and has played circa 35 games the last 2 years due to injuries

Barisic was being talked about as having an eight figure pricetag two or three years ago.

None of us have seen enough of Yilmaz yet to be able to say with any certainty that he’ll ever be in the same category.
He will be, he's a far better all round plater than Borna and a lot less predictable.

Mark McDougall from Football Scotland running an exclusive that Celtic are in for that Zan Vipotnik with us not in the running for him, seen his name posted in here a couple times

Mark McDougall from Football Scotland running an exclusive that Celtic are in for that Zan Vipotnik with us not in the running for him, seen his name posted in here a couple times

Have they not already got like 4 strikers as it is? I genuinely don't understand why they would sign another striker when they've got Furuhashi upfront. You're not going to better what he does and with the 5 sub rule, his hamstring issues should be fairly minimal again. I suppose they might be thinking Oh isn't the right fit and are cutting their loses by going after someone else.

Honestly does feel like tinkering for tinkering's sake though.

Have they not already got like 4 strikers as it is? I genuinely don't understand why they would sign another striker when they've got Furuhashi upfront. You're not going to better what he does and with the 5 sub rule, his hamstring issues should be fairly minimal again. I suppose they might be thinking Oh isn't the right fit and are cutting their loses by going after someone else.

Honestly does feel like tinkering for tinkering's sake though.
What strikers do they have apart from the Japanese and the Korean

Lad is maybe including Maeda & Haksabanovic who can play there but are normally deployed a bit wider.

Was about to mention this too. An utterly bizarre thing to aim at Goldson.
He might carry it forward I don’t see him taking a man out the game the way soutter does though.

And I’m not saying soutter is better than Goldson, I am just saying this is something that soutter does that I like

How in the feck is saying a fit Souttar Trumps Goldson showing Goldson disrespect? It's my opinion. Injuries aside, Souttar is the better football player.
I've constantly stuck up for soutar on here have said multiple times he reminds me of Alan McLaren, he's not better than goldson he's just not. He's a very capable player but godson is so important to us just look at the Liverpool game after he went off.

Soutter gets us up the park more than Goldson, soutter comes out with the ball, something you don’t see Goldson do too often.
souttar has only played well the last few games, its some take considering souttar has never played against top european compition and was done against celtic a few times already

No he's not. We tried playing him out wide and he's not comfortable there.

He's played centrally all season for Sunderland and been excellent. He's a 10.

He’s played on the right for us more often that not. It‘s a fluid system and he has been allowed to drift and link up with the other attacking players but I wouldn’t say he’s played centrally all season. Have a look at his goals this season and a lot of them have came from him cutting in from that side and shooting with his left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back