Official The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Hibs goal that’s being talked about (and I’ve ever seen one replay of it) I don’t blame McCrorie for it - the young boy that came on, his inexperience told and he could have done better by not letting the ball come across like that

That was my first thought

But if I’m wrong or anyone posts a replay of it and I’ve imagined it different then fair enough

Nothing to do with McCrorie.

King lost Hanlon and Ure was caught on his heels at the front post.
The 2 of them share the blame.

Cantwell and Raskin for £3 million - we know this has been great business.

Sterling, Dowell and Butland - on paper seems like very good business. But time will tell.

I get the feeling we are spending a large portion of our budget on a top striker.
Was it even as much as that? I thought they were about 1.2 each or something either way it’s good business

Leagues are won by having good strength in depth in the forward areas. When we last dominated in Scotland it was built on having guys like Boyd, Miller, Lafferty, Naismith, Novo. All players who were guaranteed to score domestically.

The 55 season we had Morelos at his peak, Roofe without fitness issues, Itten and Defoe while playing primarily 1 up front. All options who could get goals. At the moment we have 3 forward players on the books Colak who hasn't scored consistently since Gio left, Roofe who has played around 140 minutes in the last 12 months and Sakala who is better on the wing and if people are honest in the big moments let us down badly.

The forward area is the most crucial to get right this summer so to me signing someone who unless he gets injured would score 20 plus for us is an obvious signing to make.

Despite Beale saying no one is good enough? Do have better judgement than our manager? There’s absolutely no guarantee he would come in and score 20 goals, he could flop playing for our club.

The days of Boyd, Miller, Novo and Naismith being picked up in our league are over. Shankland and Nisbet are no where near that level.

I trust Beale to sign better than Shankland and not shop in an overpriced domestic market.

Despite Beale saying no one is good enough? Do have better judgement than our manager? There’s absolutely no guarantee he would come in and score 20 goals, he could flop playing for our club.

The days of Boyd, Miller, Novo and Naismith being picked up in our league are over. Shankland and Nisbet are no where near that level.

I trust Beale to sign better than Shankland and not shop in an overpriced domestic market.
I think he's more getting at we need a strong front line, not all necessarily from Scotland. Shankland IMO would be a very good option to have in the squad for the reason the poster said, he scores regularly in this league. For our number one striker? Of course not, but filling the attack out with goals is priority. Kent didn't contribute anywhere near enough in that regard. We are currently extremely weak in an attacking sense.

I think he's more getting at we need a strong front line, not all necessarily from Scotland. Shankland IMO would be a very good option to have in the squad for the reason the poster said, he scores regularly in this league. For our number one striker? Of course not, but filling the attack out with goals is priority. Kent didn't contribute anywhere near enough in that regard. We are currently extremely weak in an attacking sense.
To Quote Beale Again. No striker in Scotland outside us and them is good enough.
He is not scoring against 9 men defences as our strikers have to do. Take away his pens and he has less goals than Sakala.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back