Official The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was the first. Sure the fee was mooted around £5m, so makes me wonder if any move for Panzo or Trusty would be as them as back up and still a Kristensen-level signing coming in. Especially if King goes out on loan (with Helander and Davies away).

I think Kristensen would more likely be in the £2-3 million range. Bisseck will go for about £6.5 million if he goes to Germany but he has a higher buyout clause if he goes to EPL.

Kristensen has no buyout clause and fewer clubs interested in him. He is also a bit behind Bisseck in terms of development but only by a year or so.

Not at all. He is very free and easy in the way he deals with the media, that was my point. Think he is a very decent manager and have high hopes for him. However do think we are putting a lot of responsibility on his shoulders, think he needs supported properly.

I am not in any way against Beale, think sometimes he could say less to the media, but that is a minor point.
You said he seemed like the kind of person who would bask in the glory of others. This doesn’t address that. Anyway enjoy besmirching the integrity of our manager before the start of a very important season.

I seen a lot of Coventry fans say he is a good prospect, just needs to work on concentration which is a universal thing for young CBs really.
Worrall and McKenna first picks for Forest. Panzo literally 7th choice and out on loan at Coventry behind Kyle McFadzean and a guy they signed from Ayr Utd. Started 4 games all year.

It doesn’t scream quality, but would obviously give him the same chance as anyone else.

Why are so many people avidly against signing Panzo? Is it because that one mistake in the playoff final?
Think it’s more that the assumption is he’s going to be a developmental backup (which is the same as people seem to think about Sterling) so it’s probably another guy who doesn’t improve our starting 11

Don't know much about Panzo so had an obligatory look on a Coventry forum to see their view on him.

General consensus seemed to be that they would be quite keen to sign him permanently if possible. However, some had their reservations and pointed out that he was still raw and had a few howlers during the season, struggled to get back in the team in latter half of season apparently. They do feel there's potential there though and with the right coaching, could develop into a very reliable CB.
Can he play right back?

If Panzo is done, that’s 4 quick signings

1 absolute starter in Butland, seems we are doing the easier deals early that at to the overall squad

We will, and really need to, still add 4 or 5 more starters that cost a little more and will probably be more complicated deals

Like many I only saw Panzo in play off game and he did look like a rabbit in the headlights

We need to trust Beale though

Is there any credible links to Panzo outside Fraz? I can’t recall seeing much, but to be fair I haven’t been looking out for it.

Don't know much about Panzo so had an obligatory look on a Coventry forum to see their view on him.

General consensus seemed to be that they would be quite keen to sign him permanently if possible. However, some had their reservations and pointed out that he was still raw and had a few howlers during the season, struggled to get back in the team in latter half of season apparently. They do feel there's potential there though and with the right coaching, could develop into a very reliable CB.
Yeah I wondered if we would have him in a less vulnerable role so LB rather than left CD mate ?

Surely people realise that just because we may sign Panzo, doesnt mean we think hes first team ready? The lads 22. He could easily be a signing with a means of developing him over the next couple of years?

I remember the criticisms of Bassey very early in his career and they are remarkably similar to what im reading about Panzo.

Every post describing Panzo sounds like Bassey before Dortmund.
True.

But not every player turns into the player Bassey became for us the second half of the Seville season.

There's far more of a chance they continue to trundle along like an Edmundson or Jack Simpson.

Never say never. I think Beale knows his stuff and knows what he can coach into (or out of) players.

I think Kristensen would more likely be in the £2-3 million range. Bisseck will go for about £6.5 million if he goes to Germany but he has a higher buyout clause if he goes to EPL.

Kristensen has no buyout clause and fewer clubs interested in him. He is also a bit behind Bisseck in terms of development but only by a year or so.
What’s the injury and expected recovery time ?

Surely people realise that just because we may sign Panzo, doesnt mean we think hes first team ready? The lads 22. He could easily be a signing with a means of developing him over the next couple of years?

I remember the criticisms of Bassey very early in his career and they are remarkably similar to what im reading about Panzo.
Bassey is certainly the exception rather than the rule. Some calamitous defenders will mature into Bassey, some will remain calamitous defenders - and most somewhere in between each.

The point is not to assume they will remain Coventry level squad players, but also not to think there’s much hope of a new Bassey either.

True.

But not every player turns into the player Bassey became for us the second half of the Seville season.

There's far more of a chance they continue to trundle along like an Edmundson or Jack Simpson.

Never say never. I think Beale knows his stuff and knows what he can coach into (or out of) players.
Simpson was 24

People are speaking about Panzo being raw and unpolished like it’s some kind of unknown analysis I would expect most are aware he will be raw and need a decent level of coaching.

It’s literally been a massive part of our business. for the best part of 5 years now.

People surely know now we don’t simply sign complete players.

Is there any credible links to Panzo outside Fraz? I can’t recall seeing much, but to be fair I haven’t been looking out for it.
@stephen ferris is your man I’ve not seen any credible links with Panzo it seemed to be a loose link before the season even finished because the Beale/Chelsea theory. Now a poster is claiming it’s a done deal.

Bassey is certainly the exception rather than the rule. Some calamitous defenders will mature into Bassey, some will remain calamitous defenders - and most somewhere in between each.

The point is not to assume they will remain Coventry level squad players, but also not to think there’s much hope of a new Bassey either.

Agreed mate. Which is why people shouldnt get too worked up about it either way.

I think there seems to be a misconception that every player we sign this summer, must automatically improve the starting 11.

Simpson was 24

People are speaking about Panzo being raw and unpolished like it’s some kind of unknown analysis I would expect most are aware he will be raw and need a decent level of coaching.

It’s literally been a massive part of our business. for the best part of 5 years now.

People surely know now we don’t simply sign complete players.
24 is still young for a CB especially one that never really played a lot of football in his life.

The point is, it is about potential isn't it.

@stephen ferris is your man I’ve not seen any credible links with Panzo it seemed to be a loose link before the season even finished because the Beale/Chelsea theory. Now a poster is claiming it’s a done deal.
Not really anything credible, but his name has been floated about a lot and makes sense with Chelsea links and he can fill a couple of Positions.

If Davies goes then we need 2 new centre backs. They would replace Davies and Helander.

Souttar
Goldson
Trusty
Panzo

Would be delighted with that. Let's be honest here, King is nowhere near the level needed. He needs a loan. I would seriously worry if hes even back up next season and we are back to our issues we had this season.
I don't think King is that far off and I'd rather we tried to develop him than take a chance on someone like Panzo. He's by no means a starter, but if we can get Trusty in for Davies then I'd rather King - which gives us Souttar, Goldson, Trusty, Sterling and King.

Beale did refer to some targets still having “cup finals, play offs” etc still to come a couple of weeks ago.

I’d bet a fair amount of dough that Panzo is on a shortlist.
That would have been meaning Butland and Cifuentes imo. No credible links to Panzo anywhere. Just loosely linked in some articles

Why are so many people avidly against signing Panzo? Is it because that one mistake in the playoff final?
I had never heard of him so did a search on google for news articles with his games and most gave him 5 or 6 out of 10 each game and there were a few howlers in there. I imagine most people are from the same completely unscientific and flawed 'research' as me. Which is why we're on a football forum and not scouts!

Agreed mate. Which is why people shouldnt get too worked up about it either way.

I think there seems to be a misconception that every player we sign this summer, must automatically improve the starting 11.
Haha exactly man. You gotta get so wrapped up one extreme or the other ha. Love this place, and this thread.

Think it’s more that the assumption is he’s going to be a developmental backup (which is the same as people seem to think about Sterling) so it’s probably another guy who doesn’t improve our starting 11
As much as people think we should only sign starting quality players and relegate the old starting players to the bench, it doesn't happen and no team in the world does that every signing, even Man City purposely signs backups with potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back