Official The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did you get Lammers name from if you havent seen him play.
Hes done nothing in years. He had a good season once. Hes 26 years old but you reckon he might be a late a bloomer. You reckon he has a very good skill set. How do you know if all you have seen is you tube videos. But based on all that you would sign him. :rolleyes:
I've seen it as a rumoured signing target like the rest of us. This isn't a "suggestions from unqualified randoms" thread after all.

With Lammers there has been a lot of emphasis on a lack of goals in the last few years. Not so much on his lack of appearences.

And you could have been watching every game he's played in his entire career. You and me would both still be guessing as to whether he fits with the system Beale may be planning for and if he would pass Beales face-to-face test.

If he's good enough for Beale, he's good enough for me. But I won't be throwing my toys out the pram if we bring this one home. There is potential. And I don't care how you edit it, the YouTube clearly shows this to be a striker who is a physical ariel threat, has a reasonable amount of confidence that he will attempt dribbling with the ball at his feet, shoot from outside the box, a half decent turn of pace to run in behind defenders and a close control reminiscent of players like Kamara and Aribo (an attribute I think is fair to say that Beale appreciates).

I haven't said sell Colak for him or break the bank to have him as star striker. I've suggested having him in the squad competing for the striker and/or wide forward positions would be acceptable. He would be an asset (as he has the potential to be a real threat) and is not without the potential to claim a first XI position in his own right.

Some reports from Turkey saying we’ve made an offer for Bright Osayi-Samuel
Report in Sporx:

The names that will leave the team in Fenerbahçe, which has already started the transfer studies of the next season, are also becoming clear.

Nigerian player of the yellow-dark blue team, Bright Osayi-Samuel, has another suitor after Bournemouth and Leeds United.

Scottish team Rangers, in which national football player Rıdvan Yılmaz also played, made an offer to Fenerbahçe for Osayi-Samuel. It is not yet known how Fenerbahçe responded to Rangers for Osayi-Samuel, who is known to want to leave the team.

Bright Osayi-Samuel, who played 37 games for Fenerbahçe this season, recorded 1 assist in these matches.

But they supposedly wanted £9m from Bournemouth/Leeds so that isn't happening.

Beale did refer to some targets still having “cup finals, play offs” etc still to come a couple of weeks ago.

I’d bet a fair amount of dough that Panzo is on a shortlist.
Hope not. Only because he is already being written off on here because of the play off mistake. He will never be allowed to forget it and always called out as not good enough, makes to many mistakes.

The Panzo mistake was like Joe Worrall's against Killie, although Worrall's was probably worse as he had more time on the ball.

JW has went on to recover from that pretty well, so I wouldn't be writing a young defender off on the basis of that.

Souttar made a worse mistake against Celtic yet a few dead rubber performances later and you have bampots on here declaring him better than Goldson!

Folk on here write off and on players quicker than the wind blows.

Already seeing meltdowns on twitter because we havent signed palma and the usual “just pay the money”
“Just pay the money”. The same thing that was said about Jamie Walker a number of years ago, who went on to do great things.

I've seen it as a rumoured signing target like the rest of us. This isn't a "suggestions from unqualified randoms" thread after all.

With Lammers there has been a lot of emphasis on a lack of goals in the last few years. Not so much on his lack of appearences.

And you could have been watching every game he's played in his entire career. You and me would both still be guessing as to whether he fits with the system Beale may be planning for and if he would pass Beales face-to-face test.

If he's good enough for Beale, he's good enough for me. But I won't be throwing my toys out the pram if we bring this one home. There is potential. And I don't care how you edit it, the YouTube clearly shows this to be a striker who is a physical ariel threat, has a reasonable amount of confidence that he will attempt dribbling with the ball at his feet, shoot from outside the box, a half decent turn of pace to run in behind defenders and a close control reminiscent of players like Kamara and Aribo (an attribute I think is fair to say that Beale appreciates).

I haven't said sell Colak for him or break the bank to have him as star striker. I've suggested having him in the squad competing for the striker and/or wide forward positions would be acceptable. He would be an asset (as he has the potential to be a real threat) and is not without the potential to claim a first XI position in his own right.
He cant score goals. So hiw is he an asset as a striker? So now you want him and Colak? More likely his lack of apperances is down to not being good enough for a start.

Hope not. Only because he is already being written off on here because of the play off mistake. He will never be allowed to forget it and always called out as not good enough, makes to many mistakes.
I remember the slagging Bassey got for his performance when St Mirren put us out of the league cup around Christmas 2020. 18 months later he was the most expensive Player in our history.

He cant score goals. So hiw is he an asset as a striker? So now you want him and Colak? More likely his lack of apperances is down to not being good enough for a start.

I could see us having

New striker, Colak, and Roofe.

Would you be comfortable going into next season with that alone? Lammers would be the 3rd option of Roofe can't stay fit, or compete for a wide forward role in his own right. It seems efficient to me.

Based on the clips out of interest, pinch of salt ofcourse, but what are your specific concerns with what he is lacking from his game apart from goals? What are his weaknesses? Cause I get some fairly serious Jelavic vibes off him who arrived at a similar age and not much more of a spectacular scoring record.

A lack of goals I agree is a concern perhaps, but if he was scoring even 5-10 goals a season, he'd be well out our price range. But I'd urge you to note how he hasn't spent more than 12 months in the same place since 2018. Anyones head would be spinning frankly.

There's a player there. If the money was right, and his mentality is good enough for Beale, he could be an exiting player to have as an option. And it is fair to say that playing as a forward for rangers is completely different from playing in Italy. Might I suggest it's possible his game may just suit our league better?

That shit does my nut in posters in here so miserable and moan constantly for no reason.
Yep, I can’t say I’d even heard of him, let alone see him play.

I can’t think many will have seen him play much.

As usual, I’ll give the guy a chance. Not all signings work out, that’s just life at any club, but the flip side is you tend to get guys who surprise most people and turn out better than most expected.

I could see us having

New striker, Colak, and Roofe.

Would you be comfortable going into next season with that alone? Lammers would be the 3rd option of Roofe can't stay fit, or compete for a wide forward role in his own right. It seems efficient to me.

Based on the clips out of interest, pinch of salt ofcourse, but what are your specific concerns with what he is lacking from his game apart from goals? What are his weaknesses? Cause I get some fairly serious Jelavic vibes off him who arrived at a similar age and not much more of a spectacular scoring record.

A lack of goals I agree is a concern perhaps, but if he was scoring even 5-10 goals a season, he'd be well out our price range. But I'd urge you to note how he hasn't spent more than 12 months in the same place since 2018. Anyones head would be spinning frankly.

There's a player there. If the money was right, and his mentality is good enough for Beale, he could be an exiting player to have as an option. And it is fair to say that playing as a forward for rangers is completely different from playing in Italy. Might I suggest it's possible his game may just suit our league better?
Dont see where you got the idea Lammers is any good. Is this infatuation with him based solely on you tube vids. There is far better prospects out there than him. Why spend money on some one who cant get a game for his club and cant score goals.

That’s me all aboard the Lammers train, some of the close control in that highlight reel is filth

Would be great if MB can get some medical assurance re KR however it would be difficult to believe there is a mainline role for him .
Eg how can a manager devise a big game plan for a number of days including attacking drills and mechanisms we want to use when KR can fall over injured at pretty much any minute .

It’s simply not practical is it ?
No, he should be considered a bonus player who will gladly be added to our squad if and when he's available, but our plans absolutely cannot count on Roofe being able to contribute.

I doubt very much you've watched either player.

Why do folk act like this? It's ridiculous behaviour.
I’m amazed folk on here have the time to watch so much Championship football, MLS, Italian Serie B, and the Persian Gulf Pro League. They’ve got an in depth knowledge of players I’ve never heard of let alone seen.

Maybe if I watched more football and did less trumpet polishing, I’d be able to contribute more to these types of threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back