Official The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Telling you that van veen would get 40 in serie A and that your great grandfather had a dog called lammers and he was a dick.
Serie A is no very good, because Lewis Ferguson has gone there and improved as a player and scored more than he did in Scotland.

Nothing to do with the fact that players can and often do improve playing with and against better levels of competition, much like Aaron Hickey before him.

Oh and Hibs and Motherwell are better than most Serie A sides.

stats can be used to prop up or down play any player. take gazza for instance he only scored about 6 goals in italy. he came to rangers and was a level above eveything up here. we need to trust the managers decisions .
Same with cantwell, no goal contributions at norwich or bournemouth and hes hit the ground running with us. 20 games 6 goals and 5 assists. Hopefully any player coming in has that same rise in output and we will be in a good place.

Serie A is no very good, because Lewis Ferguson has gone there and improved as a player and scored more than he did in Scotland.

Nothing to do with the fact that players can and often do improve playing with and against better levels of competition, much like Aaron Hickey before him.

Oh and Hibs and Motherwell are better than most Serie A sides.
Standard chat when you realise there isnt a taxi to be had

Reckon a lot of people are gonna have egg on their face.

Wanting Nisbet over Lammers and Dessers is gonna look ridiculous.

Bookmark this and ridicule me if I'm wrong. I can take it.
I dont see what the big deal is with Nisbet,hes not Rangers class and hes a tim supporter into the bargain,it has the O halloran feels about it

And look what happened there

Dessers and Lammers every day of the week for me

lets bin the Nisbet chat

Can't believe, Rangers.

Imagine employing a manager with a track record of spotting and developing players, experienced coaching staff and a professional scouting team all of whom can't see that Lammers and Dessers, aren't the answer to whatever style and system, MB has in mind.

I mean, have they even looked at their stats ffs?

Get your act together, Rangers.

Sincerely,

FF Scouting Department
But being a miserable, negative prick gives them the opportunity to say "told you so" further down the line if it doesn't pan out.

I think what you need to realise is that at 26 Lammers is the finished article.

He won’t get significantly better than he is now.

Not signing the finished article is signing someone like Bassey.

Dont agree at all with that mate. I would say that most of the top strikers in football in recent past, have all got a great deal better from 26 onwards.

Ronaldo, Messi, Lewandowski, Benzema, Kane all got better imo.

*I have not gone full transfer thread crazy and comparing any of these players ability wise to Lammers btw. Lol

These disclaimers are needed after some of the crazy stuff posted on here today. :))

5 have left, 2 of whom were homegrown.

That'll be 6 in, none of whom are homegrown.

Feels like we definitely need a Scottish signing of sorts or to reduce the squad a fair bit still and use some youngsters.

5 have left, 2 of whom were homegrown.

That'll be 6 in, none of whom are homegrown.

Feels like we definitely need a Scottish signing of sorts or to reduce the squad a fair bit still and use some youngsters.

We'll definitely see more going out after those three (if all signed) than coming in, squad needs trimmed.

As for signing any players with regards the European squad, all we need to ask is - is anyone we'd sign going to play more than the likes of King, Lowry, Devine, McKinnon, Rice, Lovelace or others would be capable of? We may loan some of them out, but we shouldn't sign anyone that takes up yet another spot ahead of them unless we're sure they're better than those boys could become.

We'll definitely see more going out after those three (if all signed) than coming in, squad needs trimmed.

As for signing any players with regards the European squad, all we need to ask is - is anyone we'd sign going to play more than the likes of King, Lowry, Devine, McKinnon, Rice, Lovelace or others would be capable of? We may loan some of them out, but we shouldn't sign anyone that takes up yet another spot ahead of them unless we're sure they're better than those boys could become.
I agree, the one (sort of) exception I would take a punt on is Max Johnston. A very low cost punt ala Jake Hastie but seems to have more about his overall game. Devine proved he can play left back if required and Sterling is a utility man. I reckon we will need to start using Tav more sparingly (sub him off more if we are winning, miss the odd home game at Ibrox) so it can’t hurt to have options on the right just in case

Lovelace looks too far away to be considered a reasonable option at this stage. That’s why I wouldn’t be against Lawrence if Colak was to go.

At the end of the day we have to trust Beale with his decisions. He has signed two players so far who are excellent. He deserves our trust in him as he has given us no reason to question his judgment in signing players. It was different when Wilson was DOF as his record was patchy at best. Beales currently sits at 100%

I agree, the one (sort of) exception I would take a punt on is Max Johnston.
I haven’t seen him, but if he’s been as good as people have said, you’d hope we’ve looked at him. Seems a no brainer on a free as backup and eventual successor to Tav.

I haven’t seen him, but if he’s been as good as people have said, you’d hope we’ve looked at him. Seems a no brainer on a free as backup and eventual successor to Tav.

We'll be aware of him, but it seems he has options abroad and down south, so I wouldn't be surprised if he sees one of those as a better way to develop right now.

I also think there's still a strong chance he'll be more of a wide midfielder/winger than full back in the future.

Linked with Torino and Norwich City last I heard.

I haven’t been particularly impressed in what little I’ve seen of him. Only really come to the fore in the last few months so the parallels with Hastie are fair in that context. I’m not sure whether Johnston will turn out a RB, RM or RW as yet. Not sure he knows either.

I agree with your point in general but Rice and Lovelace would need registered for Europe.

I think up until just before he got injured, there was a stat that we never lost a domestic game (or might have just been a league game) with him in the team.

You obviously don't rate him which is fine, but again like so many others in this thread I don't know what you actually realistically expect when it comes to Rangers players or signings.

His only domestic defeat as a Rangers player was the 2019 LC final.

For his own career development I’d be surprised if he was to sign for us, he’ll likely get more game time moving elsewhere and with European clubs apparently interested it would potentially help his own game and development to take that opportunity.

Younger Scottish players at other clubs can look at the progress of the likes of Hickey, Doig & Ferguson, even Liam Henderson and see opportunities for a different career path now rather than coming to us and potentially stalling behind established players.

A player may be registered on List B if he is born on or after 1 January 2001 and since his 15th birthday has been eligible to play for the club concerned for any uninterrupted period of two years, or a total of three consecutive years with a maximum of one loan period to a club from the same association for a period not longer than one year. Players aged 16 may be registered on List B if they have been registered with the participating club for the previous two years without interruption.

The regulation in question for the B list.

Franny Jeffers got club after club based on this theory.
For those desperate to put a negative spin on it there is Jeffers and I’m sure a few others.

Also a few examples of players who took their time to develop and had best spell of career later on. Players develop at different rates.

Prso a great signing for us. He didn’t start playing top flight football until mid 20s. Didn’t play international until 29.

I agree and disagree with Marco Negro RE Cyriel Dessers.

Totally agree with his comments on movement, physicality, work rate and desire. His movement is excellent, he plays on the oppositions defences shoulder and makes fantastic runs. He’s hard working, he likes a physical contest. Can hold the ball up. Good on the air, clever.

Negri says he’s not a natural goalscorer, a 30 goal a season man. I think he can be, especially at Rangers. I think he’ll thrive on the move, the Rangers support and the opportunity to play for a big club. He’ll also have players around him who will create plenty opportunities; Tavernier, Raskin, Cantwell, Dowell to name a few. If he can stay fit I think he’ll be an explosive signing, one who relishes leading the line for Rangers.

I’m sure he’s got a better goal to game ratio than Čolak and he’s dubbed a poacher/goalscorer.

Because it's not as black/white and binary as him getting that literal final touch before the other person scores the goal.

You can create goals by being strong, taking the ball under close control, dropping the shoulder and opening a low block right up before slipping it to someone who tee's up the goalscorer.

That's why assist stats are highly skewed. Trust your eyes. You can see who's done well and responsible for creating any goal.
Just like Kent.

Because it's not as black/white and binary as him getting that literal final touch before the other person scores the goal.

You can create goals by being strong, taking the ball under close control, dropping the shoulder and opening a low block right up before slipping it to someone who tee's up the goalscorer.

That's why assist stats are highly skewed. Trust your eyes. You can see who's done well and responsible for creating any goal.
Used to be an “involvements” stat that included stuff like you describe.
For me, too many are totally blinded by stats and aren’t looking at the story of the stat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back