The Sun apologises for graphic which showed Gerrard and Tav carrying weapons

A lot of people missing the point here. The key word in the apology is "inappropriate" not "offence". It's immaterial if members of this forum find it inoffensive. The club obviously felt, correctly in my opinion, that illustrating our manager and captain carrying automatic weapons was highly inappropriate and raised this with The Sun and quite possibly IPSO. This may be the paper reacting swiftly before being told do so by its regulatory body.

All of those falling over themselves to declare how ‘not offended’ they are might want to consider that as public figures with young families perhaps Gerrard and our captain are not jumping for joy at being (poorly) photoshopped holding guns in a newspaper.

It’s garbage patter in any event obviously.

If they had shown the Celtic manager and captain with machine guns, would people on here have been offended ?

Would people on here say it was woke to be offended ?

Would Celtic have complained ?

Guns, Rangers and Celtic is out !

If I wanted to illustrate defending a fortress I would use ye olde knights in armour and chainmail

With a big red Templar cross to demonstrate our commitment to inclusivity and diversity.

I really don't see what the fuss is about. It's obviously not as comedic as they were trying to go for but it's not exactly offensive. It's a shite photoshop of them as armed police, no Stevie and Tav in front of a gable end with a big red hand painted on it firing a glock in to the air.

A pathetic totally inappropriate graphic to put on a sports page. And in the middle of a pandemic too with hundreds dying every single day. I guess we should expect that from the Sun but they never disappoint with just how low they can go. I amazed that people don't find that at least mildly offensive. Is that who we are ? A gun totting club ?

Stupid graphic, you wonder what comes into these mhedia men's heads in their efforts at "journalism".

Good news that the club are doing something about this kind of stuff but which idiot decided it was a good idea he should be bagged.
it appeals to their like minded audience underlining their journos and sports editor have a bias against us , which is missed on occasions from some bears.....

I don’t have any issues with it myself, but the visual signifier it kinda transcends is that of a parliamentary group, law & order etc. Its not something the sub-editor should be passing as an OK to go image tbh. But it’s The Sun, and their pond looks life, so that explains that.

I don’t have any issues with it myself, but the visual signifier it kinda transcends is that of a parliamentary group, law & order etc. Its not something the sub-editor should be passing as an OK to go image tbh. But it’s The Sun, and their pond looks life, so that explains that.
You only see paramilitary in there if you really want to. They’ve been shopped on to a British cop.

If the Sun wanted to inject some attempt at humour why not use Dads Army characters instead ?

Maybe the editor isn’t that smart or switched on and just went for the automatic weapon look with body armour and forget if it’s distasteful images

Sums up the Sun
I HATE the Sun scab paper but Dads army would have been better if trying to show our squad and gaffer up as Dads army were hopeless but i think this however much Tav & Stevie understandably might not like it, makes it look like our team is a hell of a strong force now. I have no issue with it other than it might not be what Tav or SG want portrayed like. In my opinion, being all offended over this is acting like that mhob from other side of city.

They would have been all over Ryan Kent celebration when he scored against the Yahoos.

So why show Rangers players and management with guns?

They can't have it both ways.

Hate that newspaper.

On a another note I got an email from STV about the offside goal against motherwell article, its been changed and they apologise for the mistake.

If the Sun wanted to inject some attempt at humour why not use Dads Army characters instead ?

Maybe the editor isn’t that smart or switched on and just went for the automatic weapon look with body armour and forget if it’s distasteful images

Sums up the Sun
If they photoshopped their heads on Dad's Army characters people would say they were taking the piss. And they'd be right.

Am I offended? Am I fuuk.

Do I think it’s a childish mocked up photo? Yes.

Would I ever buy the Sun? No.
nyq8xhX.gif

Offended they didn't include Ryan Kent in the pic with his finger guns at the ready.

it appeals to their like minded audience underlining their journos and sports editor have a bias against us , which is missed on occasions from some bears.....
Rather than the usual digs aimed at us, they’ve tried to be more clever this time. Seems it’s backfired, so it will be back to the usual Masonic conspiracies etc etc for the ragtops.

It was a stupid thing to do and they've very much picked the wrong team for it as well. Better suited to those over in the East end of Glasgow.

It's even more stupid when you consider the amount of times they've had to apologise for doing things similar in the past. This isn't the first time they've added some kind of weapon to someone for a story for some bizarre reason.

Don't see why people are offended by the picture. I don't think portraying football people with firearms is a good idea and the club would be justified in nipping it in the bud by complaining but offended no way.
I just assumed (and hoped) that they were moonlighting the night that the filth lost to Ross County

In this day and age, you cant publish things like this as someone somewhere will be offended.

In my opinion, its hardly offensive and people need to stop getting their knickers in a twist over such things.

Nobody does being offended quite like the posters on here who are always outraged at the possibility of someone else being offended.

:D

That fecking rag should be banned from every shop in the land. Their narratives are plain for all to see, except their intended dim-witted audience. Even Republican strategist Stuart Stevens described Rupert Murdoch as the most dangerous immigrant in the US. The same when he's in UK, never out of Downing Street when it suits. The cunt even got an Covid injection before the Queen.

Back