The Sun apologises for graphic which showed Gerrard and Tav carrying weapons

Well done to the club by keeping the foot on the neck of these b*stards. It doesn’t matter if you are offended or not it matters that these scum don’t have free reign to print what they like about us.

This thread is an example of why this sort of stuff happens to Rangers all the time... the effort that goes into defending everyone with an agenda against the club is absolutely incredible we should just laugh at it or accept its actually a friendly cop, its no shooting folk its aboot the defence. Dear God.

You just know 1 or 2 have already fired off an email to let the sun know they are embarrassed by the club and supporters that were upset with the picture and may have complained.

You sound like you were genuinely raging about this! :oops:
It’s because it’s that rag. I despise it. And the record. But the fact that they have been forced into an apology means someone at the club thinks the same as myself and others. The fact that some “aren’t bothered” by this is why the “media” up here continually to rip the piss out of us. Would they have done that with Lego and Lennon? Of course they wouldn’t have

I didn’t really care about it but I doubt Gerrard and Tavernier would want superimposed images of themselves in the papers holding guns.

What anyone else thinks about it is not the issue for me.
If our manager and captain do not want to be associated with a downmarket, sleazy tabloid that is their business.
A Liverpool legend such as Mr Gerrard would distance himself from a publication like the Sun.

The offending article.

LbPXRaw.jpg

DXfSKj5.jpg
Absolutely shocking, if not already should be banned from Ibrox!

It’s because it’s that rag. I despise it. And the record. But the fact that they have been forced into an apology means someone at the club thinks the same as myself and others. The fact that some “aren’t bothered” by this is why the “media” up here continually to rip the piss out of us. Would they have done that with Lego and Lennon? Of course they wouldn’t have
This morning is the first I heard of it, but I don't read the papers.
I agree it's a bit stupid, but so is getting yourself all worked up about it. It's an irrelevance.

Would the paper have the balls to do the same image with say, Lennon and Duff Man. Or is it just our staff they like to take the cnut out of. Its not so much offensive but they are taking the piss out of our manager for something he said, And it's that, that I don't like.

It's not a good look, maybe Gerrard and Tavernier took issue with it.

I think if rangers were to do that in one of our matchday programmes the press would have a field day.

Just my opinion.

To be fair mate it was posted on a forum and I gave an opinion.

Aye I respect you have an opinion but in my opinion it’s wrong and why I felt complied to reply.

Being upset or offended isn’t for any of us to say it’s wrong or daft to be upset.

I don’t think the sun will have apologised because of the readership of the paper saying “I’m offended”. It will be because the club or Gerrrad and Tav have complained that they didn’t want their image used like that. Maybe one of the guys has lost a friend to guns or something we don’t know.

As we all know Mark Dingwall (sorry Mark) I’ll use him for this comparison. What if the sun had posted up a picture of him with Nicola Sturgeon and wearing a badge saying feck the tories would he have the right to be offended if you saw nothing in it? What about if he was pictured with neil Lennon in a brokeback mountain pose would he have the right of an apology even though you found it funny? Or if they had him kissing the popes ring is it just a daft picture?

Knowing Mark I’m sure it would be water off a ducks back but for other people in a similar situation they could be upset and would have every right to complain.

Aye we don’t see the offence in the picture but as I said to you it’s not about us. Having that view point isn’t being P.C or woke it’s just about folks standards

To be fair mate it’s not about you having an issue with it or not. I imagine it’s not a look Gerrard or Tavernier want to have. Gerrard has always been protective of his image
This as much as anything

Gerrard had images are attached to his outside activities and business he advertises

Images displaying guns etc damage that.

Is also subliminal messages being displayed the general public in UK see guns as bad so first reaction will be for people to associate bad with with Rangers, Gerrard and Tav

Did the same rags not criticise Kent for his celebration in last years new year old firm game as it was "para military"

The photo makes them look very para-military-esque?

No, it makes them look like armed police, which is where the photo came from...
Thing is that armed cops in certain poses brandishing certain guns can quite often look para military in style.
The message from that image is..... ‘ Rangers......the unfriendly club’ .

Well done to the club by keeping the foot on the neck of these b*stards. It doesn’t matter if you are offended or not it matters that these scum don’t have free reign to print what they like about us.

After my initial who gives a phuck type reaction to this, I am now persuaded by the arguments like yours.

I now think you guys are right and that the real issue here is mhedia scum feeling they have free reign to print whatever shite they like about us and the club firmly saying, no you don’t.

Last edited:
Considering some of the nonsense printed about us over the years I can’t say I’m overly fussed about this. It wasn’t offensive in the slightest.

Stupid in this day and age to even think that was a good idea. As well as an apology, heads should roll
Not for me.
They, and the rest have printed much worse over the years.
For example, when they mention us in crowd disturbance or child abuse in sport pieces.

Aye I respect you have an opinion but in my opinion it’s wrong and why I felt complied to reply.

Being upset or offended isn’t for any of us to say it’s wrong or daft to be upset.

I don’t think the sun will have apologised because of the readership of the paper saying “I’m offended”. It will be because the club or Gerrrad and Tav have complained that they didn’t want their image used like that. Maybe one of the guys has lost a friend to guns or something we don’t know.

As we all know Mark Dingwall (sorry Mark) I’ll use him for this comparison. What if the sun had posted up a picture of him with Nicola Sturgeon and wearing a badge saying feck the tories would he have the right to be offended if you saw nothing in it? What about if he was pictured with neil Lennon in a brokeback mountain pose would he have the right of an apology even though you found it funny? Or if they had him kissing the popes ring is it just a daft picture?

Knowing Mark I’m sure it would be water off a ducks back but for other people in a similar situation they could be upset and would have every right to complain.

Aye we don’t see the offence in the picture but as I said to you it’s not about us. Having that view point isn’t being P.C or woke it’s just about folks standards
Where's a shudder emoji when you need one ffs!!

It's the sun.

Probably only 6 people saw and read it.

Now 200k have saw it :D

I'm not offended but I'll join the pitchfork mob if you need back up.

Whether you find it offensive or not, I think the powers at be at Ibrox saw it as a chance to send a message and a free hit to clip the wings of an often hostile newspaper.
Spot on.

I don’t find it offensive, or even gave it a second thought looking at it, but at the same time f*ck The Sun.

It’s just shite patter tbh, I mean who the hell came up with that idea?

‘Right lads this article is about Ibrox being a fortress again, can we look out a couple of decent photies of their defence?’

‘Why don’t we just photoshop Stevie G and Tav’s heid onto a couple of armed polis?’

‘Great Idea’

Ffs

Back