The sun caught out using selective stats to make it look like rangers had more penalties than celtic

When I started at Menzies newspaper distribution the Sun would have a Timmy edition complete with colouring crayon's. :))

Also later when I had my own newsagents the Tim's were always enquiring why their Celtic View pages were sticking together

Now everyone that reads this thread, including me, can point out the lies from a celtic fan journalist, to any yahoo that tries to use the article as some sort of proof of conspiracy.
Their eyes tell them the truth regardless of what they say. They know about the ability of their team. In Europe the refs aren't Scottish and they get defeated in those competitions left, right and centre. Maybe they have a shecht team after all. If they concentrated as much on improving their players instead of improving the refs they'd give us a title race.

That’s some funny shit!!

Imagine and ex-employee of IRA Sporting wing FC telling porkies to make Rangers look like they are favoured by officials when the facts remain, they get more help than anyone and the stats back that up.

Imagine even putting that out online, that’s a red neck.

The way to put a stop to this is for Rangers to employ a full time professional researcher to gather and present evidence of the bias, double standards and lies. Name and shame the bigots, just like the lads from H and H did, but as a full time professional the researcher would be able to expose their lies to a wider audience and follow up every time they print their propaganda.

The Herald did an article a few years ago in which it stated that Rangers got double the amount of penalties as Celtic.
They used a stat of touches in the box per penalty. But unsurprisingly this article was written straight after the game where rangers got a load of penalties against St Mirren which completely skewed the stats.
Funnily enough, I remember a run before that match in which we were denied a large number of important stone-wallers and I predicted that we would get a run of penalties in meaningless matches and it looks like they gave them all in one against the sacrificial lamb of st mirren - call me cynical.

So, even using The Sun's incorrect stats it appears we average less than 1 (0.8) more penalty per season in the League than the Dhims, over five seasons? Am I reading that right? WTF sort of argument is that meant to support? Hardly overwhelming evidence of all these Masons helping us out.

The Herald did an article a few years ago in which it stated that Rangers got double the amount of penalties as Celtic.
They used a stat of touches in the box per penalty. But unsurprisingly this article was written straight after the game where rangers got a load of penalties against St Mirren which completely skewed the stats.
Funnily enough, I remember a run before that match in which we were denied a large number of important stone-wallers and I predicted that we would get a run of penalties in meaningless matches and it looks like they gave them all in one against the sacrificial lamb of st mirren - call me cynical.

No at all cynical. Astute more like.

It fits the narrative to say Rangers get more penalties. Even if its factually incorrect. However if you are the most attacking team in the country like Rangers were last season by a mile then it would stand to reason Rangers should have more penalties.

So what. What do you really expect from this gutter rag. The amount of exposure given to these comics on here is laughable.
Are you serious?
Surely you can’t be happy that the press are lying whilst telling the Celtic support they are being cheated.
I’m surprised you don’t understand that this story will be etched in the Celtic brain as a fact and, if not challenged, will be screenshot and used as evidence of such.
Another thing, does it not make you wonder what else they could be lying about.

Edit: You’d better make sure you woke in the correct bed, house even, if Mr Smirnoff
can do that to you.

Last edited:
The St Mirren game was clearly a set up. The media would have been briefed before the game.

Dignified Silence brother

It worked wonders for us under The Sir Moonbeams and his bald headed man Friday era
And long before that, mate. We've been Scottish Football's Aunt Sally for decades and The Rangers Way was always the dignified silence and rise above it mantra. Well, look where it's got us... :oops: :rolleyes:

And long before that, mate. We've been Scottish Football's Aunt Sally for decades and The Rangers Way was always the dignified silence and rise above it mantra. Well, look where it's got us... :oops: :rolleyes:
nowhere as we were kicked from pillar to post from educated morons like the smelly one and his green and white hooped paedo pals

Back