The Sun - Denise Welch story complaining about Tartan Army uses picture of Rangers fans as illustration

That is a clear complaint to make as the picture has no relevance to the story.
I would also argue it is probably libelous as it is seeking to insinuate the individuals in the picture as people who traveled to London to cause public disorder.
If you can be identified in that picture, you should consult your own lawyers.

Last edited:
I understand the City of Liverpool had a far bigger grievance with that rag when they tried to put the blame for Hillsborough on the Liverpool fans. In no way would I ever compare their situation to ours.
I would say though that too many of our fans buy that paper knowing full well how they treat us. It's not hard to just stop buying. I have not bought a paper for years. A whole city can shun a newspaper. Why can't a support who are being targetted do the same?

Pretty sure the actual picture of Scottish fans is from Trafalgar Square. They weren't allowed there this weekend so another irrelevant picture

I understand the City of Liverpool had a far bigger grievance with that rag when they tried to put the blame for Hillsborough on the Liverpool fans. In no way would I ever compare their situation to ours.
I would say though that too many of our fans buy that paper knowing full well how they treat us. It's not hard to just stop buying. I have not bought a paper for years. A whole city can shun a newspaper. Why can't a support who are being targetted do the same?
Two reasons mainly, numb nutted half wits and the I’ll do what I want, I’ll no be told what to do brigade even when it’s a shower of filth who have been trashing the club and the support for decades. At the end of the day the club still entertains people and organisations fit for a bonfire so it’s a waste of time trying to appeal to other Rangers fans to kick a very dirty habit. Kheevins on Clyde was loving it in the aftermath of George Square with the inevitable OTT shitstorm and mouth watering savaging of our reputation yet again in the mhedia and had plenty to say on it, laying it on thick as these vile b@stards like to do but let’s go to the phones now...it’s Jimmy a Rangers fan from Renfrew needing to KNOW what old Spewie thinks about Glen Kamara? Haven’t bought one of these rhags for over 20 years and wouldn’t listen to any of their shyte phone ins willingly either if I can help it let alone want to contribute to it by phoning in.

Our manager would almost certainly approve.

Its pathetic that the board allow the club to be treated like crap by anyone who feels like having a pop. Will they ever develop a backbone, sorry to the staunchies out there but they are toothless when it comes to defending the club and even worse when its the fans. Pisses me right off, that shower across the city certainly know how to look after them and theirs.

Thing is, it just takes away from the point of the story if you're going to do stupid, petty, pathetic things like that. It's not hard to get it right so simply put, it was deliberate.

Something needs done . We should have someone at the club who’s sole role is to be onto things like this in a flash legally and ensure any news outlet is left in no doubt as to what will happen when this kind of deliberate “ mistake “ happens . Time and time again nothing is done .

Too many of our fans buy the rhecord as well!

Not in the slightest bit surprised by them using a picture of Rangers fans. The Sun (amongst many others) can hardly be described as a newspaper, it's just a load of childish/juvenile/cringeworthy banner headlines, page upon page of adverts and a crossword.

Unaccountable, fawning SNP sycophants to boot.

Its pathetic that the board allow the club to be treated like crap by anyone who feels like having a pop. Will they ever develop a backbone, sorry to the staunchies out there but they are toothless when it comes to defending the club and even worse when its the fans. Pisses me right off, that shower across the city certainly know how to look after them and theirs.
Was always under the impression club 1872 were going to make an effort to stand up for the fans and answer to blatant lies from individuals and organisations.
Certainly not having a dig at club 1872 they have done some decent things and the hate fest against Rangers is still going at a pace would grind anybody down.

The board will generally spring into action if someone on the board's reputation has been trashed. If its the fans or, in some cases, the players, they seem less reluctant to act.

Back