The Sun exploiting death of a young man to score points against Rangers

mdingwall

Administrator
Their reportage of the death of Aidan Pilkington needlessly highlights on their front page his former employment by Rangers.

In recent days we have also seen -

- linking Rangers to a sex attack when the club haven't been contacted by the police.

- using Dap Mebude who is no longer associated with Rangers and the deliberate use of a Steven Gerrard picture.

Gill Smith the Sun editor - Gill.Smith@the-sun.co.uk

James McIvor digital Editor - https://twitter.com/jmcivor5

Is this the sort of responsible and accurate reporting their correspondent Kenny MacDonald was calling for on Sunday?

Ah I only saw the photo showing the ex-gers bit, I now that I see the full photo and they have celtic in the main headline.

Have we had a ban on posts about this incident?
I was aware of this a few days ago and nothing had been mentioned on here.
Didn’t want to put it up in case it was something admin had been chopping.
Also heard another terrible rumour surrounding this case but so far nothing more on that one. We shall see what the day brings.

Also, don't forget the selective photo they used for our game at the weekend.
I.e. the one where it looks like Alfie has hit the St Johnstone player in the penalty box skirmish

Another strange headline.

E_O1-RjWEAQW98F

A low class gutter dwelling sleazy publication.
It deserves to be treated with the utmost contempt.

I hope all the posters on their high horse earlier can see now, pointing this out doesn’t mean threads should be binned and it doesn’t matter and all that nonsense.
All the “ignore” “don’t read” and the classic “Who is this Sun/Record/Radio journalist you speak of?” nonsense we read of so often will stop.
Actually, if we had adopted that approach, we wouldn’t have been able to fight back.

This was another piece.

Note

Naismith was a silent partner/investor (1 of 3 investors). He was never hands on and cooking the pizzas.

According to Stewarton residents the other 2 were full hands on and involved in the daily running of it - and it struggled.

This place opened about 2 years ago, long after Naismith left us.

And, (maybe just gossip) Naismith ended up paying some staff wages out of his own pocket.

Scummy bastards, can't wait for the sun to go bust. They thrive off the race to the bottom in terms of reporting and journalism.

Why do people and this site allow links to these scum products by News International and Reach PLC and then complain about it’s trash talk .

cant they all be banned ?
My preference too would be to ban all links to The Sun and The Daily Record on this forum.

The exception would be where admin could post a link if they consider it in the general interest to do so.

If we must see the output of these scum papers at all, then preferably only in cut and paste format, or images as with Mark's Hotline and daily back page newspaper posts. No revenue generating links!

Apart from a few political journalists who go after Nippy, the Sun is an absolute rag of a paper. Those types rejoice when their is a tragedy, if it means getting extra sales or hits.

How low are they gonna go?

“Man who once saw Rangers playing on TV whilst flicking threw the channels dies after falling in river”.

It’s quite simply pathetic, gutter hack journalism at its absolute worst.

The sooner the Scottish hack media burns in the hottest fires of hell, the better.

Back