The Sun - Kilmarnock could halve Rangers' allocation for final game of season

ahalfallover

I have no problem with this if they can fill it with their own fans but we all know they won't.
Let them do it, absolutely no problem with it, it’s their ground and their supporters.

If they do it though, Rangers should insist that it’s the same allocation for the games next season, we won’t accept more tickets when Clarke fecks off and attendances drop.
The Thing that will never get taken into consideration is the Rangers Supporters Clubs who will be greatly effected if this threat takes place. As per with Celtic away it showed they dont get the recognition they deserve in ticket allocations.
Its ok saying Killie take the tickets and keep the allocation as it is for the rest of time but never once do Rsc's get taken into account when these subjects appear .

If RSC's got a Better allocation on top of what we already and these threats do get carried out I hardly really expect a backlash other than Killie admitting they messed up.

SDF

A message from Kilmarnock FC Directors Billy Bowie, Cathy Jamieson and Phyllis McLeish.

What has already been an unforgettable season for everyone at Killie still promises so much as we head into the final five weeks of the campaign.

Guided by Steve Clarke and Alex Dyer, our squad is challenging at the top end of the Scottish Premiership with the real possibility of breaking last season’s club-record points total.

As we continue our 150th Anniversary celebrations, we want to turn our final match of the season on Sunday, May 19 at home to Rangers into a celebration of all things Killie. With this in mind, we as a Board of Directors have made the decision to house Rangers FC supporters solely in the Chadwick Stand with Kilmarnock supporters in the remaining three stands.

Moffat Stand season ticket holders will be able to purchase reduced rate tickets for their regular place in the stand, priced Adult £15, Concession (Over 65s, U21s and Students) £10 and U16 £5. Our KCST team will have increased community games and activities on offer in our Family Fan Zone behind the Moffat Stand so get along early and join in the fun.

Kilmarnock supporters can buy a ticket for the Frank Beattie, East Stand or Moffat Stand priced Adults £27, Concession (U21, 65+ and Students) £19, U16s £10.

This is an all ticket match and home tickets must be purchased in person from The Killie Shop at Rugby Park. All away ticket enquiries should be directed to Rangers FC.

Billy Bowie said: “Kilmarnock FC is a family club and we want to make sure Rugby Park is an enjoyable and safe environment for people to enjoy watching football. As promised, we have worked with and listened to feedback from our leading supporters’ groups in a real effort to encourage and inspire the next generation of Killie fans.
“After the game we’re encouraging all Killie fans to stay in the stadium and watch one of the most memorable Killie teams in recent memory complete their traditional lap of honour complete with a few words from our manager Steve Clarke.”

A date for the start of home tickets sales will be announced in due course.

Blue As

Official Ticketer
I’ll go out on a limb here and say we will get our usual allocation of both stands behind the goals...;)
This pish story came from some daft Killie rocket on Twitter trying to push this giving us one stand nonsense.It is backed by about half a dozen numpties that post on their forum “Killie kickback” where all they do is obsess about Rangers and try and outdo one another on how much they hate “the huns”..
End of the day Kilmarnock ain’t knocking back £115,000 blue pounds..
And see this “family club” pish that they constantly push...why when we go there do they restrict the number of kids tickets to 5% of our allocation,if they are serious about helping families attend football why not ensure every Rangers kid that attends pays kids prices and not the £27 we usually have to fork out for the young ones as there is never enough kids tickets issued.

Arminius

Official Ticketer
Their first game of the season, v St. Johnstone - attendance 4644

Their latest game, mid-revolution, also v St. Johnstone - attendance 4685

Some demand from those 41 extra punters!
Bit harsh, KH

Those 41 fans could make all the difference to the spectacle if you position them strategically around the wastelands of empty seats

M@x

I’ll go out on a limb here and say we will get our usual allocation of both stands behind the goals...;)
This pish story came from some daft Killie rocket on Twitter trying to push this giving us one stand nonsense.It is backed by about half a dozen numpties that post on their forum “Killie kickback” where all they do is obsess about Rangers and try and outdo one another on how much they hate “the huns”..
End of the day Kilmarnock ain’t knocking back £115,000 blue pounds..
Kilmarnock have realised a statement saying its happening, we're only getting the Chadwick

Arminius

Official Ticketer
It’s their stadium.

If they want empty seats instead of cash they are perfectly entitled to do so.

On other matters, isn’t it incredible how crash barriers getting into any position of authority inevitably spoils the place.

Our relations with Killie have historically been just fine. Step up Get Well Soon Stevie.

I wish the whole lot would move to London with the jakey alky prick.

Craigie

Fine. Let them try to sell to their own fans. It's no different to us cutting Victim FC's allocation this season, with the obvious caveat that we knew we would sell out games.

Just take the one stand in the future though, if we must take any allocation.

Butcher6

If there is appetite from their own fans to fill their stadium then what can you say it’s their choice and I have no problem with this at all.

What I would be making very clear from our clubs view is that when a team decides to cut out allocation as Hearts Hibs Aberdeen and now Killie have is when the inevitable happens and they lose interest we stick to this allocation and not a ticket more.

Sandbear

It’s their ground they can do what they like within the rules but I would be very surprised if they sell out their tickets.
Ever since I can remember we have had a good relationship with Killie would be a shame if it was to sour over a thin skinned drunk.

TPB90

The club need to grow a set and tell them where to go when they inevitably coming with their begging bowl asking us to increase the allocation again.

Blue As

Official Ticketer
I've probably been to Rugby park more this season than the majority of their fans.

Tell them to ram their allocation.
Correct bud,thousands of us have..bizarre that they think 4,500 local punters that never set foot in a Rugby Park will rock up and pay £27 to see a “lap of honour” and listen to a few words from the mostly incoherent Steve Clarke..but hey,ho it’s up to them.

SDF

Fine. Let them try to sell to their own fans. It's no different to us cutting Victim FC's allocation this season, with the obvious caveat that we knew we would sell out games.

Just take the one stand in the future though, if we must take any allocation.
This.

If Billy Bowie wants to spin the line that decision is being made on safety grounds then remind him of that next season when he's wanting our money ploughed into two stands worth of tickets again

Alex Venters

Tell them, we won’t take any so they can bring all their fans in. They have made a fortune from us this season.
The game, in all probability, will be meaningless. I'd love our club to tell them that they can have the whole stadium to themselves. I know we won't do so, but at some point we're going to have to call the bluff of these leeches.
The final game of the season seems the perfect time to me.

I despise every other club in this stinking cesspit of a League.

We can’t really complain when we all applauded when we cut the tims allocation. They are just as entitled as us. Away games are impossible to get to these days for the big games unless your top of your RSC or have a contact within the club. 4 tickets all season I’ve had and none of them top 6. Other than killie which hardly counts. It will go back to normal allocation next season and everyone knows that but away games in general are gonna get harder and harder as the away scheme is on the rise year on year. The solution - there isn’t one as demand is several times supply

themightyi

Official Ticketer
It’s their ground and they can do as they wish.

The same people getting annoyed at this will be the same folk that don’t have an issue with us cutting the tarriers allocation.

I’ve been to Rugby Park enough times this season so I’m not fussed about this at all.

TPB90

We can’t really complain when we all applauded when we cut the tims allocation. They are just as entitled as us. Away games are impossible to get to these days for the big games unless your top of your RSC or have a contact within the club. 4 tickets all season I’ve had and none of them top 6. Other than killie which hardly counts. It will go back to normal allocation next season and everyone knows that
Difference is we won't go back to the tims with the begging bowl out asking them to increase their allocation again next season.

steincolin

Good.

The thought of another trip down there this season is too much.
Speak for yourself. The best allocation we get and our bus doesn't run at a loss. Now we ll have our allocation cut cut and not so many will get on the ccs. If you ever get fed up going to any ground give me a message we ll take your ticket off your hands

Difference is we won't go back to the tims with the begging bowl out asking them to increase their allocation again next season.

I still think once thinks calm down and they will after we win the title again and the whole 10 in a row happens or doesn’t hopefully. Once that happens it shouldn’t be as bad and I think they will find a compromise with allocations say 3k each

Right now both sides are facing doomsday scenarios

For them- the thought of us being top and winning again is unthinkable their brains know it’s gonna happen at some point but can’t accept it.

For us - them getting 10 is unthinkable and it ramps up the hatred on both sides the closer either scenario gets

Last edited:

Coop1872

If they think they can fill it as part of their 150th celebrations then it is up to them. They'll look pretty silly if there are a few thousand empty seats and it costs them a lot of money though.

Speak for yourself. The best allocation we get and our bus doesn't run at a loss. Now we ll have our allocation cut cut and not so many will get on the ccs. If you ever get fed up going to any ground give me a message we ll take your ticket off your hands
Likewise for us, one of the only games we’re able to cover the cost of the bus and stick small profit in our float for other away games. However, I’d fully support us making an example of Killie - we should tell them we want these arrangements kept for next season

Robbie Wilson

WTF they can't fill the 2 areas they have with us filling both we Get, this has to be more lies from our media.
Especially being the last day of the season.
Would love the club to refuse any for our last 2 away games just to show them we don't need them but they defo need the blue pound that's a gimmy!!

sheddensbear

They can fill the two long stands first, then decide what to do. We've paid about 5 or 6 players wages this season due to 2 games at Rugby park plus a share of 3 cup ties.

john307

They should be told to keep their tickets and I say that as a fan who attends games both home and away!!
I have been saying this since we came back up through the league's. Rangers should tell THEM to deal with the allocation. Let them sell the tickets to our fans. It will cost them. Their ticket office will not be able to handle it. Rangers must tell them that this will be the same next season also. We have been pissed about far to often.

watp85

They'll be dusting down the big flags to cover the Moffat stand.

They've made a fortune of us this season.

I'd personally like to see a complete boycott of all away games for 2 years. Put the fear of God into several diddy teams who rely on 500k plus from us every season.

Blastie Bear

the league will likely be over by the time this game comes around, we will of had the chance to applaud the players for their efforts season at Ibrox, and with the pish Clarke has spouted about our club this season I would love it if no bears travel to that match. a massive GIRFUY from Glasgow Rangers.