The sun link Gerrard with Leeds

Rangers500

Didn’t want to post a link so I’ve just copied the first bit;

‘LEEDS are interested in taking Steven Gerrard to Elland Road should Marcelo Bielsa leave at the end of the season, according to reports.’

Nothing other than speculation and no quotes. No chance of Gerrard going to that basket case I don’t think.

The only way I could see Gerrard leaving next summer is if the travel / family set up is wearing thin. That can’t be easy, same for Michael Beale who’s family have remained down south.

Other than that, both are here for 55.

He said already he actually sees them more now than he did as a player.

The only way I could see Gerrard leaving next summer is if the travel / family set up is wearing thin. That can’t be easy, same for Michael Beale who’s family have remained down south.

This. I don't think they'll jump so quickly to a job in England especially when things are heading in the right direction at Rangers.

There's only one job that they will leave for and we all know what that is.

Gerrard himself has stated that he didn't hop between clubs as a player and he intends to act the same way as a manager. I can't imagine him managing more than three or possibly four clubs across his whole career. If he wins trophies with us he's going nowhere for the foreseeable future.

That's a concern of mine.

SG is living apart from his family and has been at a time when his young boy is growing up. So he will spend very little time with him. I am massively grateful to SG for this kind of sacrifice.

I think SG will be with us next season, but beyond that who knows.

I actually thought Beale had bought a house and family moved up ?? Maybe I'm wrong.

Didn’t want to post a link so I’ve just copied the first bit;

‘LEEDS are interested in taking Steven Gerrard to Elland Road should Marcelo Bielsa leave at the end of the season, according to reports.’

Nothing other than speculation and no quotes. No chance of Gerrard going to that basket case I don’t think.

Leeds and Rangers history and problems are quite similar , the fact they are hated by everyone else is also very similar

Biesla is loved at leeds wont happen ...... non story

Biesla is mad as a hatter though, could quite easily leave even if they get promoted :D

just sounds like the stuff we went through with Warburton when he was linked to every job when we were doing decently. Gerrard got us to top of the league so it's time to unsettle him

Haven't read the article, but as no-one has mentioned ex-Leeds captain Gary McAllister, would think that would be a bigger reason for the Leeds-Gerrard link up.

That's a concern of mine.

SG is living apart from his family and has been at a time when his young boy is growing up. So he will spend very little time with him. I am massively grateful to SG for this kind of sacrifice.

I think SG will be with us next season, but beyond that who knows.

I actually thought Beale had bought a house and family moved up ?? Maybe I'm wrong.

Scouser I met in a pub who is related to Gerrards wife said the gaffer is missing his family and hates that he´s not seeing his son every day with him being the age he is.

Obviously take this with a large pinch of salt, most scousers will claim they know Steven Gerrard :rolleyes:

Scouser I met in a pub who is related to Gerrards wife said the gaffer is missing his family and hates that he´s not seeing his son every day with him being the age he is.

Obviously take this with a large pinch of salt, most scousers will claim they know Steven Gerrard :rolleyes:

I know someone who knows the family and he said similar. Said he thought Gerrard would leave at the end of next season latest. I didn’t post it because I know the stick I would get but I know for a fact that they know them very well.

I know someone who knows the family and he said similar. Said he thought Gerrard would leave at the end of next season latest. I didn’t post it because I know the stick I would get but I know for a fact that they know them very well.
I don't think it would be a shock to any of us if SG only had one more season with us after this one. I will be absolutely distraught, but the family thing will be massive and he will - as many do - just get fed up with Scottish football and everything that goes with it. And I totally get that.

Win 55 this season, retain it next season and then he may make a move back down south IMO.

The separation from his family is not sustainable long term.

I don't think it would be a shock to any of us if SG only had one more season with us after this one. I will be absolutely distraught, but the family thing will be massive and he will - as many do - just get fed up with Scottish football and everything that goes with it. And I totally get that.

Win 55 this season, retain it next season and then he may make a move back down south IMO.
If we win the league this season and he left I don't think theres anyone who would grudge him it.

In fact we would all probably be too pished to notice

Don´t think I´d complain tbf :))

The danger would be if Leeds get promoted and Bielsa decided that he had done his job and did not want to stay.
The owners of Leeds have plenty of cash and promotion would give them a lot more.
However, I think Gerrard wants to win the SPFL and have a crack at the champions league.
But I think three seasons is probably the likely end of his reign as if he is successful, some bigger job will come along, maybe even Liverpool.
He might even be tempted to go to a big European club as his next stop if he takes Rangers to trophies between now and the end of next season.

Fake News! We must be top of the premiership or something. Why would he leave to go to a championship club? Rhetorical question of course.They are as much a sleeping giant of a club as Newcastle United are. European football is a distant memory for both and will remain so. Even the dogs on the street know that the only club he is leaving Rangers for is Liverpool eventually.

Unless we and/or he decided he wasn’t going to be here next season I can’t see that happening and at the moment I can’t see why Rangers wouldn’t want him at Ibrox.

Thats not good to hear :mad:

Back