The Sun printing Candeias interview blaming Allen

RTamID

DANIEL CANDEIAS has taken a bizarre swipe at former Rangers chief Mark Allen for not signing enough foreign players.
He took aim at the ex-Light Blues director of football despite the fact he brought in the likes of Borna Barisic, Nikola Katic, Glen Kamara, Eros Grezda and Umar Sadiq during his time at the club.
Allen quit his Gers role last month after two years in Glasgow and was replaced by Ross Wilson.
Candeias - who arrived at Ibrox just weeks before the former Man City youth supremo’s appointment - left for Genclerbirligi in July.
He told Portuguese website Zero Zero: "It was fine at Rangers. It was a club that welcomed me very well, the fans always supported me.
"I felt a lot of affection from everyone, from my colleagues too, but this year things were going to change.
"I was important in the team but I felt like I wasn't going to have as many minutes as I'd had in the last two seasons.
"The sporting director didn't go much with foreigners in the first year, didn't give much confidence to the Portuguese.
"I think it was important for me not to lose momentum.
“I felt I could change something and preferred to try another challenge where I felt even more important.
"They welcomed me here, it was a club that wanted me from the first minute and that's what made me decide to leave."
Allen declined to comment on Candeias' remarks when contacted by SunSport.
The Portuguese winger says he doesn’t have a problem with Rangers boss Steven Gerrard over his Ibrox exit and claims the Liverpool legend tried to persuade him to stay.
But he hinted his relationship with Allen played a part in his decision to move on.
Candeias said: "Yes, since it was known that I could leave, [Gerrard] called me and said that for him, stay because it was important for the team and I was important in the team.
"On the last day I trained, my colleagues didn't want me to leave. They said I had to stay with them, they wanted me there.
"But I felt from the sporting director...I knew of previous things.
"After being named the best player of the season by the fans, I heard talk that they could let me leave and I decided to take another career path.
"[Gerrard] said he would help me with whatever I needed. I have nothing to say about Gerrard, he was always sincere and honest with me.
"I just have to compliment the club and the fans because, until now, I feel cherished by them."

Apologies if already posted!!

Anybody any clue Re this bit -
"But I felt from the sporting director...I knew of previous things."

Was he really given a proper run?

Graham Murty was playing Russel fvcking Martin ffs

Bruno Alves was definitely not a dud mate

Let me guess.....shat it at the piggery when he got injured as he was scared of dumbele?
Constantly injured and getting rag dolled by the likes of Simon Murray and Louis moult.

The current management didn’t fancy him either though.
Wasn’t his contract up and don’t you think the current management had fresh ideas

It’s got nothing to do with that anyway, you said he was a done but his career clearly says otherwise

Could never understand Allen being revered like a God like figure on here.

You're not allowed to criticise him unless you've got a copy of his job remit. If you do its claimed you're "speculating".

I criticised Allen after his first interview. It was full of bullshit. Made Stewart Robertson sound articulate.

Thank god we have Steven Gerrard doing the press conferences. An honest, straight talking, intelligent man.

Was he really given a proper run?

Graham Murty was playing Russel fvcking Martin ffs

Bruno Alves was definitely not a dud mate

Let me guess.....shat it at the piggery when he got injured as he was scared of dumbele?

He proved he was injured. Sent a picture from Spain. He was standing next to two guys in white coats and he had a support boot on his leg. Cant argue with that, can you?

It’s a nothing story this but as time goes on it’s clear Allen just simply wasn’t liked by so many sections of the club

Alves at rangers was shocking and the reason he wasn’t picked much was because when he had his chances he wasn’t very good.

Back