The sun shines on Rangers as the club get ready for the summer transfer window (Blog)

I really can't see 10 to 15 players leaving in the summer, no way are we going to have that level of overhaul when we're quite clearly on the right track now.

What’s the story with the abuse Hastie took from the ‘well fans?

I just have missed that (although not surprised)

I really can't see 10 to 15 players leaving in the summer, no way are we going to have that level of overhaul when we're quite clearly on the right track now.
Dorrans
Wallace
Fod/Alnwick
Hodson
Kent?
Coulibaly
McCauley
Herrera
Dodoo
Holt

You've got question marks over Docherty and Rossiter, literally any of them could leave and while most not even on the fringes of the first team we'd need to replace some of them to up keep the squad.

Those guys above are before the possibility of a big bid coming in from one of our better players.

Dorrans
Wallace
Fod/Alnwick
Hodson
Kent?
Coulibaly
McCauley
Herrera
Dodoo
Holt

You've got question marks over Docherty and Rossiter, literally any of them could leave and while most not even on the fringes of the first team we'd need to replace some of them to up keep the squad.

Those guys above are before the possibility of a big bid coming in from one of our better players.
The only one there we'll miss is Kent and maybe Fod (good backup keeper to have).

Replacing them with better squad rotation players isn't a bad thing. Half of them haven't even made the bench in months, those players leaving is just freeing up the wage bill really.

Edit: An argument could be made for missing worral (not on your list) but Katic is better anyways. We will need to get another good CB in tho.

Dorrans
Wallace
Fod/Alnwick
Hodson
Kent?
Coulibaly
McCauley
Herrera
Dodoo
Holt

Agree DG. Could easily exceed 10 players. You missed Worrall btw.

Fod,MacAuley,Worrall,Wallace,Rossiter,Docherty,Dorrans,Coulibaly,Grezda,Middleton,Lafferty,Morelos.

And that's assuming we don't sell Barasic and Tav,while also retaining Kent on loan again mate.

I'd expect at least ten-twelve out the door.

Fod,MacAuley,Worrall,Wallace,Rossiter,Docherty,Dorrans,Coulibaly,Grezda,Middleton,Lafferty,Morelos.

And that's assuming we don't sell Barasic and Tav,while also retaining Kent on loan again mate.

I’d keep Wes, Greg & Middleton Cav. I’d rather give the two youngsters their chance to prove themselves, or otherwise.

And I’d love Alfie to stay, but business is business & if a 15m bid comes in its a very tough ask to the board to keep him imo.

Reactions: cav

DeeGer has a few out on loan as well. Hodson, Herrera, Holt & Dodoo. You can add them to your list ( I hope ) Cav.

Agree DG. Could easily exceed 10 players. You missed Worrall btw.
How could I forget him...?:rolleyes::D

As a side view it's fucking frustrating feeling like we need to rebuild every year. I'm hoping it's finally sunk in that quality is best. We should be in a position where we have guys who are making the first team but have someone ready to take their place when they drop.

ie not Andy Halliday waiting to replace Barisic (not a dig at either player we just need better/an improved performance level)

How could I forget him...?:rolleyes::D

As a side view it's fucking frustrating feeling like we need to rebuild every year. I'm hoping it's finally sunk in that quality is best. We should be in a position where we have guys who are making the first team but have someone ready to take their place when they drop.

ie not Andy Halliday waiting to replace Barisic (not a dig at either player we just need better/an improved performance level)

Agree completely. I’d rather have 5 / 6 less in the squad, but ramp up the quality.

I’d keep Wes, Greg & Middleton Cav. I’d rather give the two youngsters their chance to prove themselves, or otherwise.

And I’d love Alfie to stay, but business is business & if a 15m bid comes in its a very tough ask to the board to keep him imo.
Some will go on loan mate,and the two outfield players you mentioned in particular have a better chance of coming back than others for the first team.I like Wes,but he'll only have a year left and deserves to go and play as a number one.

I can't see a scenario where Morelos stays tbh,13 million or so with add ons and he'll be gone imo.
And we could do a lot with that money in improving the team overall.

DeeGer has a few out on loan as well. Hodson, Herrera, Holt & Dodoo. You can add them to your list ( I hope ) Cav.
I left them out on purpose as I don't think it's even up for debate mate,just a question whether someone takes them on a free,needs a payoff or has another loan somewhere.

Agree completely. I’d rather have 5 / 6 less in the squad, but ramp up the quality.
Exactly what have most of those players that I've earmarked for departure done for us in the last few seasons. We've maybe not paid much on transfer fees but the wages it would free up is crazy.

Get rid of for example Dorrans/Herrera/McCauley and you've got the wages for a top player which could make all the difference in exchange for players who've offered not very much. (harsh on Dorrans as it's injury related I know)

Some will go on loan mate,and the two outfield players you mentioned in particular have a better chance of coming back than others for the first team.I like Wes,but he'll only have a year left and deserves to go and play as a number one.

I can't see a scenario where Morelos stays tbh,13 million or so with add ons and he'll be gone imo.
And we could do a lot with that money in improving the team overall.

I don’t disagree on both. I like them both, esp Alfie, but the times probably right for both to go.
It’ll be interesting what happens with Borna & Eros. Not convinced the boss is a fan.

Exactly what have most of those players that I've earmarked for departure done for us in the last few seasons. We've maybe not paid much on transfer fees but the wages it would free up is crazy.

Get rid of for exaDorrans/Herrera/McCauley and you've got the wages for a top player which could make all the difference in exchange for players who've offered not very much. (harsh on Dorrans as it's injury related I know)

Can’t disagree at all. Getting say 12 out & bringing 6 quality in & the wage bill May be very similar to this year.
I see Harry Wilson scored 2 today. That’s 14 he’s got this season. Was gutted we didn’t get him. He’d have been a revelation up here.

I don’t disagree on both. I like them both, esp Alfie, but the times probably right for both to go.
It’ll be interesting what happens with Borna & Eros. Not convinced the boss is a fan.
Unless we're making a healthy profit on Barasic I'd be loathe to let him go after just one season-better players than him have taken a good while to settle having been nagged by injuries(I'm old enough to remember a certain Mark Hateley).
That said,if his attitude has indeed been lacking as been suggested it does not bode well for him as the gaffer does not appear to suffer fools gladly.

And he needs to do thing his way,as at least he has the fans' backing.

Unless we're making a healthy profit on Barasic I'd be loathe to let him go after just one season-better players than him have taken a good while to settle having been nagged by injuries(I'm old enough to remember a certain Mark Hateley).
That said,if his attitude has indeed been lacking as been suggested it does not bode well for him as the gaffer does not appear to suffer fools gladly.

And he needs to do thing his way,as at least he has the fans' backing.

I agree. I’ve been there since 1970 season ticket wise, and we’ve made a load of errors in selling guys too early.
But Borna will get nowhere under Gerrard if he doesn’t get more aggressive & stand up the the bullies in this league.

Hodson will be out of contract so no need to try move him on. He's already basically gone.

Think him, Wallace and Hardie are the only ones in that situation though.

Quite a few players have one more year after this. Holt, Alnwick, Dodoo, Herrera etc.

Hodson will be out of contract so no need to try move him on. He's already basically gone.

Think him, Wallace and Hardie are the only ones in that situation though.

Quite a few players have one more year after this. Holt, Alnwick, Dodoo, Herrera etc.

Yes, they’ll be hard to move on WSBWA. Hope we don’t have to pay a load off again.

I think we'll get Kent on loan again for another year. He's enjoying his football here. Allows us to focus on improving elsewhere in the squad. Need a high quality CB.

In reality, only about 3 or 4 of the players leaving will need replaced.

We added Davis and Kamara in January, which has basically rendered Dorrans and Coulibaly unneeded. Rossiter and/or Docherty to return too.

The guys out on loan clearly don’t need replaced, as they’re not here anyway.

McAuley and Worrall need replaced. Kent too if he doesn’t come back. Although we have Jones added too.

Really don’t see where we have any room I. The squad, not unless we sell Barisic/Morelos/Grezda etc.

As things stand, we have room for two centre halves. Anything in addition needs players to leave IMO.

A big if I know,but if we come out the blocks flying next season
Imo we have the squad to have these c unts.A couple of cbs
And back up striker is all we need.

I like how they are cautious about what we can take from these games...the heat is off and we perform better. That remains a worry.

But interesting read...he's too optimistic for me but that's not a crime.

Also agree that profile matters more than skills...anyone we buy needs to be self motivating, physical and able to mix it in order to let their talent shine. No-one gets time or space.

10 out 6 in.

We won’t miss the likes of Wallace, Hodson, Dorrans (if he retires), Hardie, McAuley etc as we’ve never really had them in recent seasons. Coulibaly to an extent also.

Holt, Rossiter, Doc, Dodoo, fall into the same bracket.

There’s 10 players right away that could be deemed as “no great loss” in comparison to what they’ve brought to the party in the last 1-2years.

Worral and Kent will be “big losses” To the first team with the former being easy to replace imo.

Atleast 10 out and potentially 6 in won’t be far away from reality.

Ha! The merchandise is one of those ones, if I can help raise money for RYDC then I will do my best :D Every penny I raise goes to them & we are just under £6k donated this year

I hadn’t realised this had been posted on here as I don’t really stick my blogs up here, thanks for all the feedback & everyone that has read it

The following & support is fantastic & genuinely astounds me everytime

A bit OT, but did Hastie get stick at their POTY Awards and on Saturday at Hamilton mate? It’s alluded to in the blog but I want to be sure before having a go at my Motherwell-supporting mate.

Guy on Rangersradio last night saying we are after Weiss

I know i know !

Same guy that says McCrorie wants to leave

I was looking at the players Norwich signed from the Bundesliga 2 for 1/2 million, some decent players who have them top of the championship, perhaps a market we could look into.

According to person I know that was there he was booed on Saturdays match & at awards pretty much ignored & shunned by everyone there, suggestions there was light ‘booing’ on his name being mentioned
What a rancid shit hole Scottish football now is.

Guy on Rangersradio last night saying we are after Weiss

I know i know !

Same guy that says McCrorie wants to leave

I was looking at the players Norwich signed from the Bundesliga 2 for 1/2 million, some decent players who have them top of the championship, perhaps a market we could look into.

which guy, mate?

Looking ahead to the summer transfer window, I think a lot of players wont be here next season. Wondering what everyone else's thoughts are?

End of Loan:

Worrall
Kent
Coulibally
Davis

Sold/End of Contract/Released

Fod
Dodoo
Holt
Herrera
Alnwick
Wallace
McAuley
Hodson
Dorrans

Possible Loan Out:

Robby McCrorie
Barjonas
Rudden
Hardie
Beerman

Unsure what will happen:

Morelos
Lafferty
Grezda

With this I think we will need about 4/5 quality first team players in and a few squad players for next season.

Gonna be another big turnaround window. Will likely lose 3 guys who have been automatic first picks plus a raft of squad players who are here on loan that provide depth.

Would imagine we will get good money for Morelos, anyone we spend serious money on must be able to come in and perform immediately. Cannot afford signings like Barisic and Grezda this summer.

Looking ahead to the summer transfer window, I think a lot of players wont be here next season. Wondering what everyone else's thoughts are?

End of Loan:

Worrall
Kent
Coulibally
Davis

Sold/End of Contract/Released

Fod
Dodoo
Holt
Herrera
Alnwick
Wallace
McAuley
Hodson
Dorrans

Possible Loan Out:

Robby McCrorie
Barjonas
Rudden
Hardie
Beerman

Unsure what will happen:

Morelos
Lafferty
Grezda

With this I think we will need about 4/5 quality first team players in and a few squad players for next season.
Beerman is out of contract this summer.

Not as big a turnaround as previous years.

9-13 have been on loan already or featured just as subs or played very little part.

Back