The Sun's Team Of The Day

when did dundee last have two players in team of the day?
the next time they do will be against rangers again.

From our perspective I’d say that’s pretty fair.

However, bear in mind that only half of the teams were playing yesterday - it’d have been a travesty to have less than 3 of ours in there :)

Just comparing like-for-like on the same pitch: did Dundee's Marshall really have a better game than Rangers' Bassey yesterday ???

Just comparing like-for-like on the same pitch: did Dundee's Marshall really have a better game than Rangers' Bassey yesterday ???
Marshall was their best player yesterday and I would say that he had a better game than Bassey.

Tavernier getting done off him twice in the exact same manner is the reason why he's in there.

It's not a dive if you're getting out the way of an approaching 6 ft + goalie ffs.
It might be if you’ve pushed the ball too far past the keeper and decide to take the “better option” of creating a penalty and possibly getting the keeper a red card.
The Dundee manager tells us his player was past the keeper when he was brought down by the keeper’s leg and possibly his arm. Looking again at the first camera angle it seems to me the keeper actually pulled out of contact and the Dundee player sprung over him. Might still be a penalty, but, to me, not quite as blatant as is being made out.

Back