The Sun's Team Of The Week

mdingwall

Administrator
WOTsnRV.jpg

Livingston arguably pull of result if the round of fixtures by getting 0-0 in the east end and actually looking marginally the stronger side: get one player in. Alright...

Id certainly have had a livvy cb in the team ahead of balogun, no?

That lad Mullin from Livingston has made quite a few teams of the week this year. Certainly playing well but I know fcuk all about him!

Surprised Mullin is in as he managed to waste every set piece Livi got on Saturday. I didn’t think Livi looked like scoring against what was a poor Celtic team.

To be honest I'm a bit surprised we had anyone in the team.
Davis played quite well but nobody was more than a 7 for me.

I don't think a single Motherwell player deserved to be in there. They were poor.

We broke the most touches inside the opposition's box record (I think), we fired in a ridiculous amount of crosses (wayward) and must have had near on 70% possession.

If we had our shooting, crossing boots on and one of our attackers were aware to Tavernier's cross then we would have destroyed them. For a team that didn't turn up for near on 60 minutes, that should have been 3-1 at least.

Strange you pinpoint an individual for that goal

Nothing strange about it.
If you watch the replay you clearly see him getting drawn to the ball leaving his man free for the tap in, plenty time for others to get the tackle in before the ball comes across is definitely the case, but if Balogun stays on his man he clears that easily.

Got to 2.07

Last edited:
Nothing strange about it.
If you watch the replay you clearly see him getting drawn to the ball leaving his man free for the tap in, plenty time for others to get the tackle in before the ball comes across is definitely the case, but if Balogun stays on his man he clears that easily.

Got to 2.07
Inches from getting a block, mere inches. If you tell me that was the exact point the goal was lost then we will never agree. A lot happened before and during, only 1 player to be singled out in that passage is strange for me

Inches from getting a block, mere inches. If you tell me that was the exact point the goal was lost then we will never agree. A lot happened before and during, only 1 player to be singled out in that passage is strange for me
Balogun was most at fault, doesn’t mean others were faultless. You can’t leave your man wide open in the 6 yard box like that.

Balogun was most at fault, doesn’t mean others were faultless. You can’t leave your man wide open in the 6 yard box like that.
Take care of Watt getting the ball in a dangerous position, take care of Watt once in a dangerous position. But aye Balogun more culpable than others

Taking the starting 11's on the BBC match site:

The lowest rated Motherwell player, was higher than all the Rangers players.

Incredible !

Take care of Watt getting the ball in a dangerous position, take care of Watt once in a dangerous position. But aye Balogun more culpable than others
The main reason the goal was scored was because a striker was left wide open in the 6 yard box, not because a cross wasn’t prevented.

I never said the exact point but I did offer up that the ball could have been stopped a lot sooner. Just pointing out if Balogun sticks with his man he clears the ball, hence why I think the sun is trolling us.

Back