The support need to back the team more-yesterday was dire.

DylanGer

I understand the passion, I get the desire to see success and I fully understand the play can be frustrating at times.

However what's the point of berating individuals from the kick off and moaning and groaning through 90 mins?

It is at epidemic proportions and around me yesterday in the Main Stand there was everything from disagreements as Bears tried to get frankly idiots to give it a rest to scuffles where stewards were called.

We can't win games for the team but we don't need to make it harder for them. Nobody expects everyone to be happy clappy and we can all at times get frustrated and vocalise it but for 90 mins, constantly?

Yesterday was dire it would put you off going and I fear it will only get worse. People need to grow up and ask themselves what good are they doing?

There was a guy in my BF4 who was an utter disgrace. Within about a minute he was up off his feet screaming abuse at the players, swearing every second word while a wee girl who couldn’t have been any older than five sat next to him. My pal had a spare seat beside him further back in BF3 so I moved there for the second half - Christ knows how the guy reacted when we went a goal down.

The anxiety is always there and the closer they get to winning 9IAR the worse it'll become. Some guys that go to Ibrox need to get a grip. Sitting with their faces all scarlet waiting for the first mistake so they can unload on the team. I can remember being absolutely dumbfounded when I was a boy listening to guys calling Albertz a shitebag, Ferguson a crab etc. Even then I knew they were clueless. It's barely changed in those 20 years, but at least we were successful then.

There was a guy in my BF4 who was an utter disgrace. Within about a minute he was up off his feet screaming abuse at the players, swearing every second word while a wee girl who couldn’t have been any older than five sat next to him. My pal had a spare seat beside him further back in BF3 so I moved there for the second half - Christ knows how the guy reacted when we went a goal down.
I had to say to the guy two along from me to get a grip a few weeks ago. He's been doing my head in for about 3 years now with his constant shite. Everything is negative, and there has been a few times he's just sat in his seat when we've scored. He needs to find a new hobby.

It was horrific, we desperately need to rip out the Copland front and facilitate a much bigger UB’s section behind the goal. This atmosphere is toxic toward the team.
That's where I sit and I'd be all for it. Most of the guys in my section get behind the team but there are a few nuggets who think shouting abuse at the players is helping.

Yesterday was on the back of a shocking display against Celtic so it was always going to be a little flat and no less tense.

After struggling then going a goal behind early in the 2nd half the anxiety levels rose even more. It was a rather poor performance from the team and on this occasion I would find it hard to point a finger at the fans.

Its been like this for too long and needs to change.

Howling abuse at our own players for a misplaced pass is ridiculous.

I guess negative tactics by teams more interested in stopping us play doesn't help but encouragement to our plsyers rather than calling them useless cunts (yes that happens) would be beneficial.

I don't envisage it ever changing. There are enough people on hear who always say "its up to the team to lift the fans" and "they've paid their money, they can leave when they want" to make me think it's never going to change.

We have a sizeable minority of our support who are only happy when they can complain and moan. I think a lot of them post on here. Grumpy, cantankerous, miserable old men.

I totally understand your point,but it doesn't matter where you go to watch a football match the atmo is usually the same unless it's an old firm game it's been like this since I started going back in the 60s

It's a joke, and has been for a long time.

Infront of me someone shouted something at Halliday for absolutely no reason, front rows of the Govan Front, and when Halliday played the ball he snapped round glaring at the fans. I'm absolutely positive he heard it and nearly reacted.

It's fucking sickening that you hear our players get dogs abuse then people wait outside Ibrox for pictures with that mutant Scott Brown. All wrong.

Ibrox has been bad for a while now.

Legia got behind their team for the full game last week.
Some of our fans comments on that were:
Shower of fannies
State of them
Fukin bawbags

There's singing for 90 minutes and there's berating for 90 mins.

Legia fans were a bunch of nuggets by the way. :)

I can see that the performance gets the fans going. But I don't see why you would shout and moan through 90 mins if it's poor....what are you actually achieving?

The overall atmosphere ,with exceptions of big games,will only improve once we get a standing area. Until then we will struggle. We all get tense in these games because it means so much to us all. I feel if we had a big standing area the singing would encourage more to join in rather than moan .

I had to say to the guy two along from me to get a grip a few weeks ago. He's been doing my head in for about 3 years now with his constant shite. Everything is negative, and there has been a few times he's just sat in his seat when we've scored. He needs to find a new hobby.

You honestly wonder why people like this put themselves through the misery every week? Why spend thousands of pounds every year on a hobby that you actually dont even get any joy out of? Its utterly baffling to me.

Folk seem to be missing the point here I think

It’s up to the fans to get the team going not the other way about. We support the team.
You support the team when they’re needing it most,
You can’t just sing and praise when they’re winning
Gerrard thinks the atmosphere is garbage and that’s a fact

The board are the biggest thing holding us back from having a standing section.

The longer we don’t win a trophy the worse it will become. The support is getting desperate now for some success.
SG needs to deliver some this year.

I am certainly not condoning folk screaming abuse, however, the players and management need to understand starting a game against dross like Livingston in that fashion is not acceptable. Lack of urgency, loose side to side passing is not conducive to a good atmosphere.

Get at them, get the ball forward early, force them back and show that we are up for it.

How do we change it?

I’m on the Away scheme and much prefer them to home games now.

Yesterday was flat,atmosphere wise,from start to finish.

I dread to think if we go into next season an Celtic are going for 10 as to what some of our support will be like

Dont see the point in these threads because it always has and always will be so. It’s no different at lots of grounds in the UK.? It is what it is.

I am certainly not condoning folk screaming abuse, however, the players and management need to understand starting a game against dross like Livingston in that fashion is not acceptable. Lack of urgency, loose side to side passing is not conducive to a good atmosphere.

Get at them, get the ball forward early, force them back and show that we are up for it.
Its not the managements fault.

Totally agree OP but I'm afraid the fact is that the vocal minority at Ibrox believe they're there to be entertained above all else. Actually backing the team comes 2nd for them. Not an attitude I agree with, but they pay their money the same as you and me so what can you do. Same for the ones who f*ck off at 84 minutes every week.

You honestly wonder why people like this put themselves through the misery every week? Why spend thousands of pounds every year on a hobby that you actually dont even get any joy out of? Its utterly baffling to me.
It's beyond me. Even when we play well his only comments are negative. It's a weird trait to have.

I understand the passion, I get the desire to see success and I fully understand the play can be frustrating at times.

However what's the point of berating individuals from the kick off and moaning and groaning through 90 mins?

It is at epidemic proportions and around me yesterday in the Main Stand there was everything from disagreements as Bears tried to get frankly idiots to give it a rest to scuffles where stewards were called.

We can't win games for the team but we don't need to make it harder for them. Nobody expects everyone to be happy clappy and we can all at times get frustrated and vocalise it but for 90 mins, constantly?

Yesterday was dire it would put you off going and I fear it will only get worse. People need to grow up and ask themselves what good are they doing?
Could not agree with this anymore. We’ve got to be a support that players and staff just love playing for. Not one where everyone just moans like F!

Wonder how many on here slagging the atmosphere were still in their seats at full time , I reckon about 75% of the stadium was empty by then.

Ibrox has been bad for a while now.

Legia got behind their team for the full game last week.
Some of our fans comments on that were:
Shower of fannies
State of them
Fukin bawbags

A while?

Attended my first game with my old man 63.

Started going with my mates 72.

It's always been the same.

What I will say is it got a bit worse when 15k Johnny come latelys appeared from nowhere in 86.

Back