The support need to back the team more-yesterday was dire.

A while?

Attended my first game with my old man 63.

Started going with my mates 72.

It's always been the same.

What I will say is it got a bit worse when 15k Johnny come latelys appeared from nowhere in 86.
I think the 15k you mention are the spoiled mob. According to some its because of the team. I ask them, do you only sing when youre winning?

Football is just like most entertainment industries, if a shit comedian comes on no one laughs,pish singer the same. I know football is different but we still need entertained so when it went the way it did first half most people's natural reaction is to get anxious. The pressure is on the fan's as well to stop the mhanks

Without going down the amateur psychologist route, I think there's a lot of people who take out their frustrations with life at the football.
They get to vent their spleen anonymously at people for 90 minutes and then walk away with no consequences.
Glaswegian men are not renowned for talking about their feelings so this probably exacerbates the cathartic abuse.
Best regards, Dr Phil

Without going down the amateur psychologist route, I think there's a lot of people who take out their frustrations with life at the football.
They get to vent their spleen anonymously at people for 90 minutes and then walk away with no consequences.
Glaswegian men are not renowned for talking about their feelings so this probably exacerbates the cathartic abuse.
Best regards, Dr Phil
There's more than a bit of truth to this.

A pertinent thread.

Yesterday was a joke. Booing at the half-time whistle is beyond a joke. These cretins know f**k all about football. Do these 'fans' appreciate how difficult it is for our standard of player to break down ten men behind the ball? Do they think it is okay to boo a team who should've been at least two up at the break?

Can they even contemplate the notion of energy conservation given that there is a big game coming up on thursday night?

And then we have people leaving from 75 minutes onward. Fair play, the game was a poor watch but fans should 'support' the team and that means no booing and staying until the end.

The Ibrox support still has overtones of arrogance and self entitlement despite what has happened to us in the not so distant past.

These people have short memories.

The match thread comments.

Know this place is swarming with vermin, and their obsessive ex girlfriend behaviour.

And take it from there.

As for Ibrox..... we expect a level of display against relegation fodder. A guy started for Livingston yesterday who I played with years ago, wasn’t even in the top 5 at that level in our 11.

Deal with it or don’t play for Rangers.

Football is just like most entertainment industries, if a shit comedian comes on no one laughs,pish singer the same. I know football is different but we still need entertained so when it went the way it did first half most people's natural reaction is to get anxious. The pressure is on the fan's as well to stop the mhanks
If fans can sing when theyre in their pubs with their mates theyy can do it at Ibrox to get behind the team

A defeat by Celtic changes the narrative. Sorry to say that the Rangers support has always been that way, quick to jump on their own team, not all but a sizeable amount.

Best regards, Dr Phil

I've thought this for years and beyond this it defines their happiness and success in life....of course we are all ten foot high after a good result but we need to keep it in perspective.

A defeat by Celtic changes the narrative. Sorry to say that the Rangers support has always been that way, quick to jump on their own team, not all but a sizeable amount.

This is also true-there was an element of you owe us or make it up to us and when the team starts slowly...ouch.

Guy next to me, did the off after 20-25 mins. What's the point of coming in the first place? Yes, the players were ultra slow at moving the ball. Yes, Alfie missed a sitter. Yes, Livingston parked the bus and fouled where possible. And then you have punters (mainly in the Copland and Govan) booing at half time.

What do people expect?

I understand people being frustrated, and the game is always easier from the stand, but would we be really all that worse off if these fans did find another hobby and didn't bother coming back?

I would say, probably not.

Know this place is swarming with vermin, and their obsessive ex girlfriend behaviour.

And take it from there.

As for Ibrox..... we expect a level of display against relegation fodder. A guy started for Livingston yesterday who I played with years ago, wasn’t even in the top 5 at that level in our 11.

Maybe you should think about this.

If I expect the best from the players maybe I can offer something positive back to the team.

Maybe your mantra if we are the people and we can't contribute something positive maybe we should go and support someone else?

The Away support is the polar opposite, they get behind the team for 90 minutes.

At Ibrox people seem to turn up, sit back and expect to be entertained. If we don’t score immediately then every c*nt is useless.

I went to my first away game in years at Kilmarnock in January and the abuse Worrall was receiving was disgusting. Still a better atmosphere than Ibrox but the players can get it stinking away from home as well.

And take it from there.

I sit beside my mate and we both discussed yesterday that Ojo will have to seriously up his game if he wants to make it here or indeed at any level.

What we didn't do is scream abuse at him calling him all manner of names into the bargain.

Cries of frustration are one thing, actively getting to your feet and screaming at our players cannot be defended in any way. It's completely out of order, counterproductive and we'd be better off as a club if these people just didn't attend.

I honestly think that part of the reason is simply that a sizeable percentage of Glaswegians are just miserable bastards :D

I sat for years in my ST in CR2 and we had numerous miserable cants around us who just seem to be at the game to vent their load and spew out abuse every single week.

I genuinely used to spend significant amount of time speculating just how shite their lives must be that it produces that amount of pent up frustration :D

I eventually gave up trying to get singing started and get those around me to support the team. It was pointless. Only games in europe or v the various forms of tims and the sheep ever produced a decent atmosphere

Best regards, Dr Phil

So what you're saying is a lot of our support are needing their hole:)

I honestly think that part of the reason is simply that a sizeable percentage of Glaswegians are just miserable bastards :D

I sat for years in my ST in CR2 and we had numerous miserable cants around us who just seem to be at the game to vent their load and spew out abuse every single week.

I genuinely used to spend significant amount of time speculating just how shite their lives must be that it produces that amount of pent up frustration :D

I eventually gave up trying to get singing started and get those around me to support the team. It was pointless. Only games in europe or v the various forms of tims and the sheep ever produced a decent atmosphere
Too true mate. Scots are at their best when they're moaning and whinging. Sadly, it's part of our dna as a race of people.

Too true mate. Scots are at their best when they're moaning and whinging. Sadly, it's part of our dna as a race of people.

I did wonder if it's actually part of our national character. It's certainly how others perceive us....I work south of the border and my English colleagues take it as a given that I'll be the first one to moan about workloads, clients, toilets being dirty etc.

The Away support is the polar opposite, they get behind the team for 90 minutes.

At Ibrox people seem to turn up, sit back and expect to be entertained. If we don’t score immediately then every c*nt is useless.
The away support? Fu ck me there was about 20 of them yesterday

Thought yesterday was poor against a poor side, so I get the frustration. But shouting abuse at the players is not on - at anytime. I also don’t get the whistling at halftime either.
We chat between ourselves and have the odd moan-we all think we know better! But we never get up and shout abuse at players

There’s a slight irony in this thread after all the “we don’t need the Union Bears” posts a few weeks ago.

There's not really the UB made no difference yesterday to the toxic atmosphere that's one aspect.

They actually weren't very loud in general-they might try their best and I get that but there have been incidents in signing that has led the club into trouble that came from their area...might not be them but started over in that section.

A pertinent thread.

Yesterday was a joke. Booing at the half-time whistle is beyond a joke. These cretins know f**k all about football. Do these 'fans' appreciate how difficult it is for our standard of player to break down ten men behind the ball? Do they think it is okay to boo a team who should've been at least two up at the break?

Can they even contemplate the notion of energy conservation given that there is a big game coming up on thursday night?

And then we have people leaving from 75 minutes onward. Fair play, the game was a poor watch but fans should 'support' the team and that means no booing and staying until the end.

The Ibrox support still has overtones of arrogance and self entitlement despite what has happened to us in the not so distant past.

These people have short memories.
I hear what you're saying, but energy conservation is not on from the start of the game. The league is our one and only objective this season, Europe is a bonus. It is frustrating watching us play across the back, sometimes up to 15 passes whilst the other team filter back and get their defensive shape sorted before we cross the halfway line. Totally agree shouting abuse at players benefits no one.

I understand the passion, I get the desire to see success and I fully understand the play can be frustrating at times.

However what's the point of berating individuals from the kick off and moaning and groaning through 90 mins?

It is at epidemic proportions and around me yesterday in the Main Stand there was everything from disagreements as Bears tried to get frankly idiots to give it a rest to scuffles where stewards were called.

We can't win games for the team but we don't need to make it harder for them. Nobody expects everyone to be happy clappy and we can all at times get frustrated and vocalise it but for 90 mins, constantly?

Yesterday was dire it would put you off going and I fear it will only get worse. People need to grow up and ask themselves what good are they doing?
Sometimes I wonder why these morons attend games

I understand the passion, I get the desire to see success and I fully understand the play can be frustrating at times.

However what's the point of berating individuals from the kick off and moaning and groaning through 90 mins?

It is at epidemic proportions and around me yesterday in the Main Stand there was everything from disagreements as Bears tried to get frankly idiots to give it a rest to scuffles where stewards were called.

We can't win games for the team but we don't need to make it harder for them. Nobody expects everyone to be happy clappy and we can all at times get frustrated and vocalise it but for 90 mins, constantly?

Yesterday was dire it would put you off going and I fear it will only get worse. People need to grow up and ask themselves what good are they doing?

We’re not any different to any other support in the uk when things aren’t going our way.

Wish we’d lay of the people who pay money to go watch Rangers.

The players are paid handsomely to entertain them. If they’re not entertained then they’re within their rights to complain.

We’re not any different to any other support in the uk when things aren’t going our way.

The players are paid handsomely to entertain them. If they’re not entertained then they’re within their rights to complain.

Complete hypocrisy to be frank.

Expect the best from others but I can do what the fuuck I want?

Aye very good.

I hear what you're saying, but energy conservation is not on from the start of the game. The league is our one and only objective this season, Europe is a bonus. It is frustrating watching us play across the back, sometimes up to 15 passes whilst the other team filter back and get their defensive shape sorted before we cross the halfway line. Totally agree shouting abuse at players benefits no one.
I knew some would pull me up for that comment :) Allow me to clarify. I'm not for a second excusing a lacklustre start and in an ideal world Livingston would've been put away before easing off. Unfortunately, we are dealing with human beings and not robots. Man for man the players know that they are better than Livingston and undoubtedly would've had one eye on Feyenoord. The fans can rightly expect that the players should give due consideration to the opponent in front of them and play as though their lives depended on it in every match. But at some point they need to factor in the reality of the situation and build in certain allowances.

That said, yesterday was one of those games where it was almost nailed on to be a drag. Indeed, the highlights for me were seeing Barker look to be reasonable and observing a timely reminder for people who get carried away all too easily, that Nicola Katic has a lot to work on.

It was horrific, we desperately need to rip out the Copland front and facilitate a much bigger UB’s section behind the goal. This atmosphere is toxic toward the team.

I havent read the whole thread but previously threads like this attract posts from people who think the players respond better when booed. Here's an idea. Dedicate a full stand to those that want to boo.

Technically 100% correct. But, I for one don't see myself as a customer (Rangers might see me as one), I see myself as a fan and a supporter. I trek up on the train from Cheshire for all but the odd home game, and I can tell you my mood all week depends on how our team has done.

If we play brilliant entertaining football and lose, I'm miserable, if we are dire and win, I'm happy. If we are brilliant and win I'm ecstatic.

At 64 I'm not about to lead the singing in the Govan rear, but you won't hear me boo the team.

We need to get a mind set where we applaud and cheer every throw in we win every tackle every shot.

Its funny, Alfredo misses a sitter up goes his song, one stray pass by Tav and there's a Lynch mob.

The truth is, our home support actually could be the difference between winning this league and second.

Standing up and squealing at every missed place pass is the mark of a fanny. I don't care if he's paid for a ticket; he's a fanny.

The anxiety is always there and the closer they get to winning 9IAR the worse it'll become. Some guys that go to Ibrox need to get a grip. Sitting with their faces all scarlet waiting for the first mistake so they can unload on the team. I can remember being absolutely dumbfounded when I was a boy listening to guys calling Albertz a shitebag, Ferguson a crab etc. Even then I knew they were clueless. It's barely changed in those 20 years, but at least we were successful then.
I remember I used to sit in the govan front years ago and an auld guy there hated Albertz he got abuse from the first minute to the last

Don't know if his house got bombed during the war

The thought of going 6 points behind that lot yesterday freaked the hell out of a lot of fans.. It’s still no excuse for some of the nonsense that gets spouted. Yeah express your opinion if you’re unhappy but some of it borders on hysteria.

A guy in BF4 complains constantly, his mantra is always, "this is pish, we're papering over the cracks". Then he fecks off to the Louden just after half time.
He's basically worse than an empty seat and needs to give up his season book.

A guy in BF4 complains constantly, his mantra is always, "this is pish, we're papering over the cracks". Then he fecks off to the Louden just after half time.
I was coming on to post similar.
I find Saturday 3pm kick offs are the worst for atmosphere these days as a large portion of the support can't wait to piss off to the boozer.
If we are cruising they say 'ach well, i' d be as well leaving as the games done" if we are toiling like the first half yesterday it's "I can't watch this shite anymore, I'm away to the pub"
Not having a dig as people can do what they want, just pointing out that I think the atmosphere suffers as a consequence.

Dont see the point in these threads because it always has and always will be so. It’s no different at lots of grounds in the UK.? It is what it is.
I've been going now for 6 decades + and nothing has changed,get over it.
The only thing we had in the past was booze,that dulled the pain at times.

Guy beside me is exact same he stayed until 72 yesterday though which is a record hes usually away by 65.

The reaction to Tavs shot over the bar yeaterday was ridiculous at my bit

Agreed. The 4 guys sat in front of me in CD6 turned up 10 mins late, moaned like %^*& the whole game and left at 78 after the 3rd. Cunts were doing my head in

I've said this for years now - Ibrox on a match day contains plenty of spectators and not necessarily supporters, an important distinction. And a considerable number of individuals in attendance are, frankly, roaring cunts who I wouldn't give the time of day to.

Statistically, in terms of the type of people we're talking about, some must post on here. So, let's be having you: what motivates you to behave like a look-at-me moron in front of the team you allegedly support?

(I realise the above is a rhetorical question, sadly)

We aren't a good support. Yes we turn up in numbers and it makes us look good, but we do not support the team well.
We are reactionary. When the team give us what we want we are are a good support, that's all.

In a nutshell. It's a harsh truth, but a truth nonetheless.

Back