The supporters are ruining my love for following the team.

I've been seeing more and more posts like this recently. Since when did the fans start getting the blame for piss poor results and performances?

No ones blaming the fans for the defeat. It’s about the fans in general and I just feel it’s got worse these past few seasons.
Ibrox is toxic and is having a negative effect on the team .
Today standing there and listening to supporters shout every expletive possible at the players is not the way I was brought up to support Rangers.
I’m as angry and frustrated as the next support. But I will never moan, groan or turn on a player.

We are quick to forget the same players give us a bloody good night on Thursday. Fickle bunch at times. As frustrated as everyone.

A good night? They were woeful and but for 2 players showing up in particular, we would have been dead and buried.
The last 15 minutes papered over the cracks, and people now forget how totally out-thought and outfought the players and staff were for the opening 65 minutes of the game, so was anyone really stunned by the McDairmid Misery? Not me
For one.

There an element of truth with this team at least they grow when the fans are with them not so much when they are not.

Nail on head. Abuse doesnt help but it's so frustrating knowing the players have gave up
Ive went through the various stages this season. Positive, happy, nervous, frustrated & angry and, for me, the worst feeling of the lot, apathy.
Would never abuse the players but find it really hard to back them tbh

You sound really intelligent
Aye it’s all the fans fault. I see the usual Rangers hater liking your post also.
Aye, the fans spending 000s of £s following the team every week, domestically home and away as well as abroad are to blame.

At what point to people open their eyes and realise we’ve got a tactically inept manager in charge and a team full of bang average players who aren’t up for the fight?

Reality is, we probably got lucky and over-performed the first half of the season. If you don’t change tactics eventually teams work out ways to beat you and it’s become evident
Wow. I appreciate your disappointment. But let's face it, you're not unique. It really is all about you in your relationship with the team you believe you support

You sound really intelligent
Wow. I appreciate your disappointment. But let's face it, you're not unique. It really is all about you in your relationship with the team you believe you support

All about me? Hahaha good one pal.

I was speaking generally but you batter on

Thursday night up until we scored was an absolute horrible experience with the players being called everything under the sun.
Today was probably worse . Shite, useless, wankers, You’re shite________get to fu ck. Sorry, but that’s not what supporting the team is about and it’s ruining the whole match day experience.
The moaning and groaning has now turned into snarling .
If players are having a bad game. Can someone please tell me why shouting abuse at him is going to help ?
40 years ago I realised supporting Rangers would stand me side by side with some greetin faced bassas on a weekly basis mate . My own father being right up there , it keeps the standards high I suppose !

So not the players or management, who seem unable to do the basics or beat dross. You think its the supporters that are the problem?

If the management had the slightest clue how to play and beat domestic teams, the supporters would be 100% behind them. But week after week, they let us down, its inevitable that the support will get fed up and start the shit. Blame the players or management. The support are right to voice. We spend fortunes on the club, and we get served shit like that as if they aint interest in domestic football.

Thursday night up until we scored was an absolute horrible experience with the players being called everything under the sun.
Today was probably worse . Shite, useless, wankers, You’re shite________get to fu ck. Sorry, but that’s not what supporting the team is about and it’s ruining the whole match day experience.
If players are having a bad game. Can someone please tell me why shouting abuse at him is going to help ?
Its something I despise about football fans. If am not happy I tend to keep quiet until I build myself up to give them support

Ive went through the various stages this season. Positive, happy, nervous, frustrated & angry and, for me, the worst feeling of the lot, apathy.
Would never abuse the players but find it really hard to back them tbh
The worst part of dropping points now is it's not even surprising, something must have happened behind the scenes

The worst part of dropping points now is it's not even surprising, something must have happened behind the scenes
Im not 100% on that mate. My thoughts are that this team can raise their game against the europeans and the bheggars but cant manage to see a game out against a team that has Stevie fucking May in it.
If something did happen over there (Dubai) then we'd probably found that out already.

We are absolutely shocking! Supporters?? We’ve always had the moaning faced arshole‘s at Ibrox, but it’s creeping in at the away games now.

Apologies, I'm a bit late to this topic.

Today was unbelievable, fans go to games to "support" their team - and this occurred half of the time today if I'm being generous.

Shouts of "you're the worst £7m I've ever seen spent anywhere" and "Katic, ye score one goal against them and think you're Franco Baresi" throughout, and both also continued whilst we were 2-1 up. Just before their equaliser, someone shouted "try no score an own goal Katic" before the corner.

I'm not going to sit here and say that fans are not entitled to their opinions, and whilst if they genuinely believe these things, that's up to them. But we need to get behind the team, and be on their side.

There is a clear link between the performance on the pitch, and the noise from the stands, as was shown on Thursday night, but today was just embarrassing.

Finally, anyone is welcome to support Rangers, and nobody is exempt from criticism, but criticism isn't always the best thing to occur in the heat of the moment.

How do you think Ally McCoist felt back in 80s?

Today's performance is deserving of all the criticism that will come their way.
The manager was today's biggest culprit and that,I can say, is the first time I've doubted him.

It’s hard to argue with any of this.

Yes, “we will follow on” and I get and believe in the mantra of getting behind the team through thick and thin. That also has to be within the context of the absolute sh*t show that supporting Rangers has been for the last 8-9 years.

I say all this as someone who started following the team in the mid 80s. Yes, I lived through the 9 in a row, they spend a fiver we’ll spend a tenner years. Even before we went into admin I’ve witnessed some crushing disappointments. However nothing can compare the the almost trudge each season has been for 8-9 years solid.

We’ve had a multitude of false promises, false dawns, and horrendous results. And that’s not even mentioning the cluster f*ck off the park.

We all expected (not unrealistically) a fairy tale return to the top flight. Blooding young players, building a youth set up that would see us playing exciting football and quickly challenging for top honours, with sponsors and investors desperate to be part of the story.

The reality was:

P*ssing money away on journey men pros looking for a final pay day and way past their best who struggled to compete and turn in results against some of the poorest teams in the country.

Repeatedly turning in poor results and poor performances that saw us get to the 2nd tier in successive seasons in anything but an exciting and entertaining fashion.

The shambles and embarrassment that was the Challenge Cup final.

Failing miserably to get promotion from the 2nd tier at our first attempt and another result and performance that was nothing short of embarrassing, in a showpiece game in front of the entire nation.

An amazing chance for our first major trophy in the SC Final completely blown against a distinctly average Hibs side.

2 seasons of being the whipping boys for the scum who gleefully lorded over us as they regularly stuck 4 or more goals past us.

2 seasons of getting nowhere near 2nd place, never mind first place, and having a team like Aberdeen able to run our noses in it.

Getting horsed out of Europe by a team of semi pros from a nation you can only describe as football minnows.

You may or may not admit it, but there’s no getting away from the fact the last 8-9 years, have in the main, been horrific for the Rangers support.

Yes, we have had the odd amazing high. The odd result against the scum. Some great European results. Getting to the top of the top tier table. But all these have done is to give us hope. Hope that the major successes we crave are now just around the corner. A hope that has, every single time, been very quickly crushed and stamped into the ground.

Add in that the majority of the rest of Scottish football seem to revel in any failure we have and IMO you can’t blame supporters for getting frustrated and venting that frustration at the very people they are pinning all that hope on. People who are actually being paid very handsomely to deliver that success and certainly being paid a lot more than those players they are allowing to deny the team that success.

I'll say this on it. Tonight I am gutted. I spent an absolute fortune going to watch rangers. Changing allsorts of things in my life etc. Today I was out the house at the crack of dawn to work so I would make it. Now that's a life choice I make. But if half of these guys knew they were living it'd be a start. Not having people telling me we shouldn't let them know we are unhappy. If it was me I'd work even harder to please the fans. Personally think a big big part of the blame has to land at Gerrard's door. I know he doesn't make the mistakes or miss the chances but he plays them.

These footballers are paid incredible sums of money per week to play football for us. SG and his management team pick the players and decide the formation. These players are bereft of ideas and incapable of change. I paid £30 to watch them today and I'm sorry to say but somebody needs to tell them that they're playing shite. I pay my money and if I want to say something then I will. I'm sure that they will go on the bus, have a bite to eat, drive home in their 70k motor and relax tonight, and head into the bubble that is HTC tomorrow. Me? I need to listen to scum supporters in my place of work telling me how shite my team was again. I wish some of us went to the bus today to tell them exactly how pish they were.

Abusing the players get’s us absolutely nowhere and never has. From where we have been we certainly don’t and haven’t earned a devine right to win every game. Success has to fought for by the players, management and us the supporters getting behind the team through thick and thin.

Correct. Manager should be judged on management, coaches on coaching, players on playing and supporters on supporting. A lot of supporters need to look at themselves and be honest on the mark out of 10 they think they deserve. As a clue, I'd suggest simply turning up and giving the players / management abuse, doesn't warrant a high score!

Its embarrassing.
And it's the same fans who claim we are the people, and the best fans about.

I'll say this on it. Tonight I am gutted. I spent an absolute fortune going to watch rangers. Changing allsorts of things in my life etc. Today I was out the house at the crack of dawn to work so I would make it. Now that's a life choice I make. But if half of these guys knew they were living it'd be a start. Not having people telling me we shouldn't let them know we are unhappy. If it was me I'd work even harder to please the fans. Personally think a big big part of the blame has to land at Gerrard's door. I know he doesn't make the mistakes or miss the chances but he plays them.
Spot on mate, the players "think" they know, but many of them really don't, the likes of Halliday, he totally get's it, Shagger, Davis too, but we need all the players pulling in the same direction.

Might've known today would be the fans' fault. Standard FF.

We filled 3 stands today at £30 a head. Sorry if some didn't enjoy watching us toil against a team of jobbers, yet again.

I’m on the ‘get behind the players rather than abuse them’ side of the fence here. I get the points about ‘I’ve paid my money I can say what I like’, ‘theyre multimillionaires’ etc

The only thing we should be thinking about is what’s best for the team...

So 2 questions.

1. Do any of you guys that hurl abuse think players are going to be inspired to play better if you go mental at them? Or is it more likely to kill their confidence?

2. If you’re having a bad day and someone turns up at your work and goes off their head at you - are you motivated to try harder or do you actually think ‘know what, %^*& them’

IMO, As long as players are trying their hardest they should get our full support, if they’re not fully applying themselves then fair play to have a go at them.

Well, when you've evidently been conned into believing this motley crew had something about them, it's hard to be critical of the fans.

Dunno what's worse - this season's false belief, or the Mwell playoff / Raith Rovers days, when you knew exactly what was representing you on the field.

In what way were you or anyone else conned?

Was it something you read on here?

Something like "we've got the best starting 11 in the league"?

Something like that?

In what way were you or anyone else conned?

Was it something you read on here?

Something like "we've got the best starting 11 in the league"?

Something like that?

Their great performances and showing like they care pre New Year versus their utter shit showings and showing like they couldn’t give two fucks post New Year.

If we weren’t being conned earlier in the season, then we’re being conned now.

Last edited:
There an element of truth with this team at least they grow when the fans are with them not so much when they are not.

If it's correct from a poster that we had 3 of the 4 stands then that tells me that the majority of that ground today were with our team.

If you're sitting beside fans who continually moan about the slightest things it can start to grate, but our form over the last 5 weeks has been dreadful and fans are entitled to express their opinion.

Overall today it cost me £55. The players are very well paid and with our resources we should beating teams in the bottom half of the league.

Spot on,I can well understand the feelings of supporters. We are supposed to back the team win lose or draw and especially when we're going through a bad patch. The scattergun is no good whatsoever and it must be having an affect on the team in terms of the tension emanating from the stands. Clearly we haven't been at the races since the break and it is bewildering how we could fall so short so quickly,but we're not a bad team and anxiety is also creeping into the players, hence them over hitting passes. I'd urge all supporters to rally around the team. No surrender.

Back