The supporters are ruining my love for following the team.

Are you for real?
They haven’t kicked a ball since the break and the fans have been there in numbers to support them.
Don’t put blame on people who want the best from guys who are paid more in a week than most fans get in a year
Fair point,it is confusing when you consider Thursday should've given that team a massive confidence boost and it's just so frustrating,when you think we'll be on it from the off and they were just so slow.

Abusing the players get’s us absolutely nowhere and never has. From where we have been we certainly don’t and haven’t earned a devine right to win every game. Success has to fought for by the players, management and us the supporters getting behind the team through thick and thin.
There's an awful lot of thin right now mate. I used to convince myself the early 80's were as bad as it gets. But the last 8 years have just been fcuking awful.

when the players continue to cheat the fans with their pathetic attitude then they can have no complaints about abuse from those of us who pay a lot of money to follow them and pay their wages. Yes our fans are too impatient but the attitude of our players is horrendous
Whose attitude? Not 9ne player can be accused of not trying.

another positive post from someone who is a never will be
So what’s your thoughts then? Still in love with these players?

I remember guys like Pena, Herrera and the like we’re known as charlatans.

take away our European run and these players don’t seem to be performing much better over the course of a season

They need to know how the fans feel. Their drop in levels in unforgivable. Some of our supposed leaders need moved on in the next window and can take their loser mentality with them. This mediocrity is not and will not ever be acceptable. They should be fucking ashamed of themselves.

Thursday night up until we scored was an absolute horrible experience with the players being called everything under the sun.
Today was probably worse . Shite, useless, wankers, You’re shite________get to fu ck. Sorry, but that’s not what supporting the team is about and it’s ruining the whole match day experience.
The moaning and groaning has now turned into snarling .
If players are having a bad game. Can someone please tell me why shouting abuse at him is going to help ?

when the manager has a go at players in post match interviews or press conferences is that" ruining your love for the team" ?

Sorry but I thought that this was follow follow ??? , almost everything that I have read on here has been slagging the players and the manager .Like everyone else I am disappointed by the way that things have turned out since beating Celtic but nothing can stop me loving the Gers and I can't really stand people who boo and jeer our players and I have got into arguments on one or two occasions at Ibrox and for the life of me I don't really understand the mindset of supporters ???? who think that booing jeering our players is going to improve their performance.

They need to know how the fans feel. Their drop in levels in unforgivable. Some of our supposed leaders need moved on in the next window and can take their loser mentality with them. This mediocrity is not and will not ever be acceptable. They should be fucking ashamed of themselves.
This mediocrity ,are you f#cking serious ?

Its toxic as a result of years of winning eff all and watching them win everything, next season will be even worse.

Thursday night up until we scored was an absolute horrible experience with the players being called everything under the sun.
Today was probably worse . Shite, useless, wankers, You’re shite________get to fu ck. Sorry, but that’s not what supporting the team is about and it’s ruining the whole match day experience.
If players are having a bad game. Can someone please tell me why shouting abuse at him is going to help ?
Well said
Lets all sing about the cry was no surrender whilst surrendering.
More power to the UB, we
Desperately need to enlarge this group.

We have always had a set of fans who moan like hell about everything. Back in the 90s, Walter wasn’t good enough for them, and I have seen a succession of players destroyed (particularly galling when we target the young players that are given a chance).
I think it is worse now, the cult of the fans is strong in some.

The reality is that the fans can help or hinder the club in tough times, throwing abuse at a player doesn’t make him play better.

we need to get behind the team, its called being a fan , supporter , true blue , call it what you will but abusing our own no matter how poorly some can be at times certainly isnt helping, theres enough haters out there turning on us whithout our own doing it, we all feel the frustration and hurt but we need to stick together or what is the point?

For me, taking my son and nephews to the games past few years has been great but haven't been back with them since last October. Fans going nuts, rather than spur on players, fans fighting with each other (the first euro game some random punched another fan who was with his son - which subsequently gave my nephews a bit of fear, intimidation) guys snorting coke in the stands openly (nothing against charlie but a time and a place) so yeah its all gone a bit pete tong with the atmosphere. Leagues gone so hopefully Stevies cup mentality helps get us to the Europa final at least.

I can understand some frustration but some stuff takes it wayyyy too far.

I think I’ll be logging out of here for a few days - some absolute nut jobs on here. I can understand being upset at a bad result but the negativity on here since the winter break has been too much to handle.

some “supporters’” negativity is as much to blame for bad results as some players performances.

some “fans” need to take along hard look at themselves.

We Rangers fans are experiencing an outbreak of Bi Polarism, from the high of Thursday, to the low of Sunday. Alas this has been the way of things many times over the years, patience and perseverance is in short supply. However Follow Follow we will.

When I attend the games I give the players my support and encouragement.
I don't shout abuse as that just isn't me.

However, after turgid performances I vent my frustration afterwards on this forum.

Can assure you not any different from back in the sixties the difference social media. On bus coming home from games same arguments and fights . You know what everyone back on the bus next game well unless barred for fighting ..

Have you just started going to football. I'm 57 and its always been like this.

fair weather fans, through thick or thin we stick by our team, its been a long torturious time coming back from the depths of so called demise which was inflictated upon from the corrupt scandolous footballing body that infests our game, it takes time and we are getting there, although our results of late are well below what we expect and looks like the title has gone we need to stand together as rangers fans and back the manager and team, steven gerrard will get it right, we are not too far away and although this year is a huge disappointment next year we will deliver, we have to and we will no excuses

The mentally challengeds are on the brink of 4 trebles in a row and 9iar. Maybe that’s the reason why...
They are right behind thier team, can't recall them shouting for players to be dropped recently. Ffs they are behind the team that much they are even calling the lego eater a legend

Im a supporter I therefore support my team through good, bad and indifferent.
I will never at any time get on a players back as it’s not the way a real Rangers supporter behaves.

Thats not what I asked though and this" real" Rangers supporter comment is nonsense.

Fair point,it is confusing when you consider Thursday should've given that team a massive confidence boost and it's just so frustrating,when you think we'll be on it from the off and they were just so slow.
Let's face it the team were terrible for most of the game on Thursday. Yes for the last 30 minutes we did manage to put in a performance. But does it really come as a surprise to you that we feel on our arse again today.

Let's face it the team were terrible for most of the game on Thursday. Yes for the last 30 minutes we did manage to put in a performance. But does it really come as a surprise to you that we feel on our arse again today.

And that was in spite us , the nasty fans , calling them for everything for 60 mins , according to some

So maybe , sometimes it works , just saying

Getting abusive is never going to be the answer, however as a support we have had 8 absolutely brutal years and people have the right to vent their frustrations.
Think of the money the average “home and away” supporter has spent over the last 8 years watching what 98% of the time has been absolutely turgid shite, yet the same fans are willing to spend their hard earned and sacrifice time with their families to keep following on, they have every right to vent their frustrations and anger.
The big difference these last couple of seasons has been that the average fan can see that with a bit of tuning and work the league has been there to be won, what fires the anger is the fact that, like it or not, Celtic are a bang average side with a cheap option manager and they were there for the taking. Now we will have to sit and listen to these mutants gloat about “9 and 10 in a row” for years because of what is essentially pure mismanagement from our side coupled with what can only be described as arrogance.
I fully sympathise with anyone that feels the need to vent at a match as this has been going on for far too long now.

This mediocrity ,are you f#cking serious ?
Yes - in three weeks we have dropped points to Aberdeen, Heart's, Kilmarnock, St Johnston after being in front. We scraped past Stranraer , St Midden and Hibs in the league. Mediocrity is being kind. It's far worse than mediocre.

Yes - in three weeks we have dropped points to Aberdeen, Heart's, Kilmarnock, St Johnston after being in front. We scraped past Stranraer , St Midden and Hibs in the league. Mediocrity is being kind. It's far worse than mediocre.

We have played appalling and frankly unprofessional in the games you mention. We have dropped so many points that we shouldn't have and leaves you to question why have we !.

How dare fans feel angry and frustrated that we have in the last month blew our chance of winning the title and let any hope of us winning the title slip away when it was within our grasp! Imagine fans feeling annoyed and angry about that!

Last edited:
I'm all for criticism, but some of the abuse players are getting just now is vile, said for ages we are the worst fans about for turning on the team.
The support have been more than fair this season and last in giving the management team and players a fair crack of the whip in terms of time and patience to build a team and then see the results on the pitch.

The manager is picking players clearly, for whatever reason, who are not producing anything like what is required and is refusing to even attempt changes to remedy the slump.

The players can have no complaints they are being out fought and out played by jobbers on an alarmingly regular basis.

The club itself is also pissing everyone else off with its meek acceptance of refereeing shambles after refereeing shambles ably assisted by the corrupt SFA.

It they dont like the standards we set they can %^*& off to Wigan.

Can't blame the fans for the product on the pitch. They just react to what is happening.
But some of our fans seems to be bipolar from total elation to.. The end of the world.

The support have been more than fair this season and last in giving the management team and players a fair crack of the whip in terms of time and patience to build a team and then see the results on the pitch.The manager is picking players clearly, for whatever reason, who are not producing anything like what is required and is refusing to even attempt changes to remedy the slump.The players can have no complaints they are being out fought and out played by jobbers on an alarmingly regular basis.
The club itself is also pissing everyone else off with its meek acceptance of refereeing shambles after refereeing shambles ably assisted by the corrupt SFA.
If they dont like the standards we set they can %^*& off to Wigan.

Summed it up nicely, david.

Players rightfully deserve the flack, they are paid handsomely, I don't agree with dogs abuse, it wont make things any better.

I don't endorse that kind of language, but if I'm a supporters who has followed the team home & away this season, accruing the expensive of doing so in the process, watched half the first team players & staff get new contracts then completely down tools immediately afterwards then, yeah, sorry, I can get the frustrations.

This current squad is one we can't afford, Dave King has made it clear the next soft loan to see out this season will likely be the last.

We are overspending significantly, renewing contracts of players who've achieved, quite literally, nothing at all so yeah, it's pretty frustrating that our coaches and players are rewarded at the first glimmer of good form only to chuck immediately after.

The mentality of that squad, coaches included, is miles and miles off. If we weren't overspending to be where we are, it would be easier to take.

Back