The swing of the pendulum

Jonnyleblue

These next few weeks are massive in terms of momentum

The potential fall out on the back of a couple of results (always the way in Glasgow) cannot be underestimated

We progress into EL, Tims go out = huge pressure on them in the OF
Tims progress, we go out = huge pressure on us in the OF
Both dont progress = huge pressure on both for the OF
Both progress = the least pressurised scenario for both

Whilst I don't think it will happen, if we failed to qualify for the EL and lose the OF , there will be a massive deflation in the optimism and feel good factor under Stevie G, but I truly believe we can bounce back from that and still win the league.

However, if the puddle drinkers go out of Europe and get beaten at Ibrox, I think the meltdown will be of nuclear proportions.
They wont recover from it. Infighting, potential replacement of the manager, or sticking by popcorn teeth will cause all manner of disruption to their season

Meanwhile the SG Express will become a juggernaut and 55 will be ours!

The league will not be lost over the next couple of games know what this forum if we don't get max points in the next three games the doom and gloom merchants will be in full on mode . Its a marathon not a sprint we will drop points as will they but I'm fairly confident they will drop more than us .Despite their heavy defeat in the last game think The spoonburners and Hearts will have the biggest say so 24 points from Edinburgh and its ours .

Rangers beating celtic on 1st Sept is bigger than the Legia tie for me - Europe is a bonus.

I agree if Rangers go through to the Europa League groups and celtic go out and we pump them on 1st Sept it will be a massive boost to Rangers and cause mayhem at the piggery.

The scum are already at breaking point! Bad results in Europe and a drubbing at Ibrox and they will implode on each other.
I agree with this, they are a couple of bad results away from a proper meltdown. Their changing room is at loggerheads, imo, and lemon going tonto at them will cause carnage for him and his team.

KZwdKP.gif

All the tims in work are giving it "I dont care about Europe" because its EL. They all expect to lose this week and are trying to make out like it doesnt matter to them. One of them feels this current squad is the worst squad they've had for the entire 8 in a row era

Way too early in the season to predict. Neither team is 1 or 2 bad results from a crisis. Lots of short memories on this board and had we not gotten a last minute winner v Killie the pressure is back on us.
We still have lots to prove vs 10 man defences and hammer thrower tactics week in week out.

We are a bit in danger of getting carried away with the our early good form and their apparent meltdown. Let’s see where we are after we’ve played everyone and going into our tougher second round of fixtures where we are away to the more difficult sides.

Agreed. I don’t think we should be getting ahead of ourselves, things are looking positive but that could all fall flat in a couple of weeks, depending on upcoming results.

If we can beat that shower at Ibrox and build some real momentum, then I think we see a Celtc team under real pressure which is something that’s been missing for many years.

It's all going to come down to away form imo.I think there will be a fairly even split of points between the clubs in the 4 fixtures and both will win most if not all of there home fixtures.Away fixtures are key and that is why I would prefer both qualified for the groups or if we don't make it, they do.The fixtures after away ties in Europe could decide the title

Tough game for them this weekend and their manky support are dissatisfied already. I've no doubt they'll collapse, but am torn in 'hoping', of that's the right word, that they qualify so they have more games/losses in the group stage, too.

As much as I'd love for them to be out of Europe I'd rather they stayed in so the two of us would have to play 2 games a week. Them having less games will only strengthen their position in the league.

We now have a depth of squad whereby we can compete at home and in Europe. The EL is massively important in relation to our finances, it was last years run that’s helped bolster our squad again this year.

The gamble in our investment in players last year really paid off and I’ll be massively disappointed if we don’t get there again. We need that money to help improve the quality of player at our club, this will allow us to challenge for every competition we are involved in, and especially domestically, with the belief that we will win. It’s crucial that we do this to bridge the financial gap between us and the yahoos.

Like another poster said, get the rattlers out of every competition, we will look after ourselves at home and in Europe. I couldn’t care less about us playing more games, we now have the squad, calibre of player and most importantly, a manager we can be confident in.

This is what our football is all about, now that we have a team that will stand up to all the shit that is coming our way, I hope to god our Board are up to fighting our corner when things turn nasty?

After St Mirren this weekend, 4 of our next 5 SPFL games are at home, starting with that lot, and St Johnstone away sandwiched in between, which means that they have 4 out of 5 away in the SPFL.

I understand that we have no control over their results, but there is a chance to possibly create a little bit of daylight by the end of September, then we can sit back and watch them really implode.

Last edited:
It will sway back and forth. I think some folk need to calm their beans a bit.

The tims aint playing well but theyre still winning. If that was us folk would be saying that good teams grind out results.

Weve had wobbly moments during games and been punished for it. We need to sort that out ASAP.

I'm worried people are getting a wee bit carried away with themselves.

Bears getting a bit ahead of ourselves and them overly panicking due to realising they now have a legitimate threat to their dominance.

One step at a time, take nothing for granted as we have done f*ck all, even if we go ahead on points we don't know how we will react let alone them.

It's impossible but it will call for calm heads, at the rate THEY are going they are doing themselves no favours at all, it's absolute bedlam over there when they are sitting top of the league so if we beat them next Sunday it will be very interesting as their own fans could escalate their own demise when their support is already split rather than rallying together.

A. We need to reach the group's for cash reasons and we need to beat st midden and the bheasts so lay a marker and think the group of players we have will be able to cope on all fronts this season as long as we keep the wee man and tav when the transfer window shuts

Let’s beat st mirren first on Sunday - we struggled badly there last year with a flukey candias goal in second half and a late strike from the buffalo saving the day

All the tims in work are giving it "I dont care about Europe" because its EL. They all expect to lose this week and are trying to make out like it doesnt matter to them. One of them feels this current squad is the worst squad they've had for the entire 8 in a row era

I think it’s probably the worst squad of the 8

The best tactic is to put them under the sort of pressure they have not seen since 2011.

To do this we have to beat them at Ibrox as a minimum, which I believe we will. If they have a bad result in the EL this will intensify the pressure.

The tramp doesn't deal with this sort of thing very well as he has proven in the past.

Far too long left. If Rangers can go on a 20 plus unbeaten run,I'll feel it's on the cards and please let's start seeing some clean sheets. It's ok to say as long as we score more than the other but as long as I remember when successful we had a strong defence.

Should be possible. We’re currently at 8 as it is.

We also must not overlook St Mirren, 3 points is an absolute must. We need to be going into the OF game knowing victory puts us at least 3 points ahead. We haven't had that luxury in a long time, we've been playing catch up for too long.

That's my aim as well, we need them to be competing in the Europa as well, as the extra travel, matches, injuries for them will assist us.

I’d rather they get pumped out. A morale crushing defeat, dressing room revolt and the fans turning on them before they visit the cauldron that is Ibrox. It’ll be pressure they haven’t felt in years. It’s better than them cruising to the group stage and going to Ibrox on a high. A truly good team doesn’t need to ‘sacrifice’ a competition just to have a better chance of winning another. That’s not a winning mentality.

We just need to take care of business from our point of view,keep winning games home and especially away and the pressure will tell on them.
we dropped silly points last season it gave them that cushion to try and find their form while we were always chasing which made us too edgy at times (both the fans and the players)

If we get a lead early doors in the league the pressure will be massive on them due to what this season means,and the fact Lennon buckles under the pressure and always throws players under the bus when things are going tits up means he will lose the dressing room quickly if we maintain some early momentum.(The team talk on the pitch v dunfermiline to show the fans how passionate he is and keep them off his back is a wee taster of things to come for him hopefully)

Best case scenario, I want the Tims in the EL as much as I hate them this will benefit us, they are a couple of injuries away from total collapse

I get where you are coming from but I would rather they missed out on the money. They have a huge wages bill and would need to offload their best players to deal with money issues brought about (hopefully) from compensating their victims.

I get where you are coming from but I would rather they missed out on the money. They have a huge wages bill and would need to offload their best players to deal with money issues brought about (hopefully) from compensating their victims.

I know mate but I would let them have the money if it gave us a better chance to win the league. They either dont spend it or waste it anyway.

I keep seeing ‘they’ll implode if we put them under pressure’ but the last few seasons it’s us that’s folded under the pressure. We get close to them then lose the next game. So I’m not getting carried away at all, even though I’m optimistic about our chances.

One game at a time. It’s only August after all.

After St Mirren this weekend, 4 of our next 5 SPFL games are at home, starting with that lot, and St Johnstone away sandwiched in between, which means that they have 4 out of 5 away in the SPFL.

I understand that we have no control over their results, but their is a chance to possibly create a little bit of daylight by the end of September, then we can sit back and watch them really implode.

How ideal would that be!?

Last time that happened was when we dropped a 12 point lead at Xmas under McCoist and well... you know the rest.

It will sway back and forth. I think some folk need to calm their beans a bit.

The tims aint playing well but theyre still winning. If that was us folk would be saying that good teams grind out results.

Weve had wobbly moments during games and been punished for it. We need to sort that out ASAP.
They’ve not exactly struggled that much in the two league games either.

Back