The team has an opportunity between now and the end of the season

mr_snrub

It's hard to be optimistic between now and the end of the season given that we're out of both cups and effectively out of the league (barring a minor miracle).
However our remaining games should be an opportunity for both our management team and our players.
We need as strong a finish as possible, get as many points on the board as we can and restore some of the good will going in to next season. We've struggled against the "better" teams in the league. The split represents an opportunity to rectify that.
For certain players they've got a chance to show they can hack it in this league, specifically Barisic and Grezda (I think he's fit now?), we splashed a fair wedge on them both, and I think everyone expected more from them. They'll get next season to prove themselves but they can start now.
SG said today that he will "learn", well he can start now too. We need to find a different way of playing against teams who seem to have cracked how to play against us, especially as we seem to use the same system week in week out.
He also needs to show more with regards to being proactive. Good managers change things to get the break through even when their team has the lion share of possession or appears to be on top. It's something SG hasn't done enough of.
I remember the 4-2 game against the sheep, it was 3-2 and he put on Defoe (probably sensing there was another chance in it). The end result was we won 4-2. That might be a simplistic example but it's a case for being proactive to change a game.
I've had enough of soundbites. We've improved these season (no question) but we've still got a chance to show how much.

It's hard to be optimistic between now and the end of the season given that we're out of both cups and effectively out of the league (barring a minor miracle).
However our remaining games should be an opportunity for both our management team and our players.
We need as strong a finish as possible, get as many points on the board as we can and restore some of the good will going in to next season. We've struggled against the "better" teams in the league. The split represents an opportunity to rectify that.
For certain players they've got a chance to show they can hack it in this league, specifically Barisic and Grezda (I think he's fit now?), we splashed a fair wedge on them both, and I think everyone expected more from them. They'll get next season to prove themselves but they can start now.
SG said today that he will "learn", well he can start now too. We need to find a different way of playing against teams who seem to have cracked how to play against us, especially as we seem to use the same system week in week out.
He also needs to show more with regards to being proactive. Good managers change things to get the break through even when their team has the lion share of possession or appears to be on top. It's something SG hasn't done enough of.
I remember the 4-2 game against the sheep, it was 3-2 and he put on Defoe (probably sensing there was another chance in it). The end result was we won 4-2. That might be a simplistic example but it's a case for being proactive to change a game.
I've had enough of soundbites. We've improved these season (no question) but we've still got a chance to show how much.
Put lee Wallace in against Killmaknock

We had an opportunity on Tuesday night to get to a semi final . After drawing the first game and being rather fortunate to gain the replay the players knew what was at stake .
Result .... they bottled it , just like at every crucial time this season .
I’m sick of sound bites like ‘we’ve got to learn , we’ve got to regroup , we know what’s required
JUST DO IT RANGERS

Nothing to play for, a strong finish counts for or means absolutely nothing.

There will be dropped points along the way. It's a given. We will drop points away from home and at at Ibrox - that's been our season and nothing has changed.

Guys...I’ve only watched the highlights & I was very disappointed with the result.

I think the early goal & mistake by Kamara for their first goal was terrible. He’s been superb since he signed. Seeing the highlights I think Alfredo could & maybe should have had a penalty. No way a booking. The sheep’s arm was wrapped around him 100%.

The chance Candeias had at the break away was really poor & should have resulted on a goal or the keeper making a superb save to keep it at 1-1. I think Candeias is a decent squad player but we need to improve in that position going forward.

I would criticise Gerrard saying that I don’t think he has got enough outta Lafferty & not played him enough. He’s not a Messi or Ronaldo but he knows what is required in the SPL & has proven this at us & Hertz.

I think TLB & them will drop points before the end of season & I hope with our boys having nothing to loose they can go on a decent run. That’s what I’m clinging to from here on in.

If anyone will bottle it...it will be Sellick. I will not forget Helicoper Sunday or the game up at ICT a few short years ago.

We had an opportunity on Tuesday night to get to a semi final . After drawing the first game and being rather fortunate to gain the replay the players knew what was at stake .
I’m sick of sound bites like ‘we’ve got to learn , we’ve got to regroup , we know what’s required
JUST DO IT RANGERS

All the sound bites are facts though unfortunately, we are going through a rebuild which takes time and a wee bit of patience

I agree no more soundbites prove your worth in a Rangers jersey and remember keep believing

JUST DO IT RANGERS

It’s not about learning, it’s about having the quality to be able to win on a consistent basis.

Game at a time and just try and win.

He needs to get them to forget the bigger picture and just focus on eaxh individual game.

Win the next two and who knows what could happen.

The next two games are crucial (how often have we said that this season ?)

Anything less than 6 points and it’s game over .

We should have learned this season not to look any further than 1 game.
Every time we start getting ahead of ourselves we blow it.

I wouldn’t trust this squad of players with the house keeping money, most are just serial bottlers. I also seriously doubt Gerrard has it in him to change the way we play most weeks.

We definitely have improved but I think it's been shown more than once now that some of these players can't handle pressure games on a regular basis

Not probable but league can still be won. Essential to get it down to 5 and see what happens with that mob on sunday

Guys...I’ve only watched the highlights & I was very disappointed with the result.

I think the early goal & mistake by Kamara for their first goal was terrible. He’s been superb since he signed. Seeing the highlights I think Alfredo could & maybe should have had a penalty. No way a booking. The sheep’s arm was wrapped around him 100%.

The chance Candeias had at the break away was really poor & should have resulted on a goal or the keeper making a superb save to keep it at 1-1. I think Candeias is a decent squad player but we need to improve in that position going forward.

I would criticise Gerrard saying that I don’t think he has got enough outta Lafferty & not played him enough. He’s not a Messi or Ronaldo but he knows what is required in the SPL & has proven this at us & Hertz.

I think TLB & them will drop points before the end of season & I hope with our boys having nothing to loose they can go on a decent run. That’s what I’m clinging to from here on in.

If anyone will bottle it...it will be Sellick. I will not forget Helicoper Sunday or the game up at ICT a few short years ago.
As a wee guy on here posted the other night!"has Susan Boyle sung yet" NO

Back