The teams mentality will be questioned - and rightly so

I asked this season!! Ffs because we are level with the treble treble winners!!
You keep up the panty wetting when we are joint top ;)

It is our team who keep wetting their pants when they get in front. Anytime they have done this we immediately drop points the next game.
Tavernier has done this since we signed him and this season his creativity in the final third has been poor also.

Garbage today again . That free kick at the end summed up our team . I have huge concerns about our mentality in crunch domestic games . Strangely we’ve done the business in Europe under Gerrard in big games , but domestically we are weak as shit and it’s becoming a massive problem .

Tavernier will be well documented again , but guys like Aribo need to ask themselves are they here to win ? Because yet again today a guy with all the skill in the world contributed very little in a huge game .

The only excuse regarding Aribo, who admittedly hasn't played well for weeks for us, is that he's a new young, player getting used to the league.

Tav on the other hand has been here for 4 years and he is still costing goals right, left and centre. And see if he honestly cant play to a high standard because Candeias is away, its time to cut our losses. He can't have his hand held all his career.

It is our team who keep wetting their pants when they get in front. Anytime they have done this we immediately drop points the next game.
Tavernier has done this since we signed him and this season his creativity in the final third has been poor also.

For the love of God we are joint top all to play for. Believe mate

I’ve got perspective. It’s still all to play for, but why should I ignore the very clear and very ominous signs that we’re mentally weak?

Of all the points raised in the aftermath of yet another bang-average performance, this is the very crux of the matter.

Menatlly, we are a very weak side.

This Rangers team don't have the stomach for battle and Celtic will run away with the title.

Aye mate that's the spirit. You accuse of players of being weak.
The f@cking irony :))

Irony? It’s not me who has to go on the pitch and get the points. We were level with them in January last season, how did that work out in the end? We’re following a similar trend here of slipping up when we have the chance to get ahead, and you seem to think it’s unfair to question the mentality.

That’s before we even get to your nonsense about Celtic who not long ago rolled up at Ibrox and strolled away 2-0 winners. But don’t worry mate, you happy clap and tell us there’s nothing to worry about and I’m sure it’ll all work out.

aberdeen do ,as do Celtic of course .

the rest ? I don’t think they do , it’s a convenient excuse for some posters to deny the fact our team isn’t as good as we think .

I do think there’s a lack of winning mentality . To go top last week and to lose top spot 7days later is terrible as it stops the pressure building on Lennon

I don't think we're as good as some do - that's the thrust of my response to today. As disappointing as it was (and it certainly was), it was not unexpected.

We don't have the quality to be consistent.

We need a leader on the park, during nine in a row we had 11 leaders on the park, this unwritten rule that we don’t bad mouth players or manager is a nonsense, Tav needs dropped, Ojo sent back and some mental strength needs taught by the manager to his players.

For the love of God we are joint top all to play for. Believe mate

the difference is they are a team that have won every domestic competition over the last few years. We are a team that has won nothing for 8 years.
We have thrown away cup finals to Hibs, semi finals to Motherwell and Aberdeen and anytime we have taken the lead we drop points to Hearts and Killie.

The problem isn’t the fans, or the players skill levels what is lacking is they have not shown ONCE when it comes to the crunch that they can win a crucial match. They are repeatedly showing they bottle it and no amount of wishful thinking is going to stop that.

Irony? It’s not me who has to go in the pitch and get the points. We were level with them in January last season, how did that work out in the end? We’re following a similar trend here of slipping up when we have the chance to get ahead, and you seem to think it’s unfair to question the mentality.

That’s before we even get to your nonsense about Celtic who not long ago rolled up at Ibrox and strolled away 2-0 winners. But don’t worry mate, you happy clap and tell us there’s nothing to worry about and I’m sure it’ll all work out.

Thank god for that!

9 games are n and you're throwing the toys out the pram.

The same scum team that lost to livi and drew with hivs? That same team? Aye mate they are f@cjing unstoppable. Another change of breeks required for you pal

We were poor today ,the really disappointing thing is we didn't even look like we wanted to scrap to stay ahead of the orcs.
Tame stuff.
Notwithstanding poor individual performances, tactically we were not brave enough. We sat off them and did not adopt a very high press by our entire front line which is what we do when we play well, and what we don’t do when we struggle.

I didn’t realise the league campaign finished after 9 games. Let’s see what happens when the games do matter or does the fact the scum dropping 5 points out of 6 when they were top of the league change things.

We played shit and drew a game yeah perhaps we should have won. It happens, get over it because it ain’t changing the result.

Today mattered. Questions have been asked of this Rangers team, they were talked about in the lead up to this game and yet again they haven't been answered in the way we had all hoped.

Yet another opportunity spunked.

Thank god for that!

The same scum team that lost to livi and drew with hivs? That same team? Aye mate they are f@cjing unstoppable. Another change of breeks required for you pal

It is the players shitting their pants not the fans.

You need to learn to read before jumping in with both feet. So you think we continually choked in crunch games in the 9IAR season and still won the league? The season where we white washed the scum? We arsed up a game at home to Motherwell and even then still had a cushion to allow us to go and win it at Tannadice, that team had also won 8 titles in a row prior, the circumstances couldn’t be any less similar.

Yeah I think you should turn and walk the other way pal.

Exactly where did I state we continually choked in crunch games, you just put out a blanket statement that we NEVER failed to win a crunch game at any point of any season we’ve won the league.

Today was disappointing but it was hardly a crunch game in how you described it.

Let’s see what happens when the games to become crunch games and I’m going nowhere, pal.

Today was appalling, far too soft in far too many away games over last couple of seasons, our mentality should be questioned. We chucked that with 20 mins to go today, never looked like winning it

Our captains mentality is the most questionable of the lot, not too mention guys like ojo, Aribo and sadly Arfield

Utter shit today when there was a marker to be laid down

the difference is they are a team that have won every domestic competition over the last few years. We are a team that has won nothing for 8 years.
We have thrown away cup finals to Hibs, semi finals to Motherwell and Aberdeen and anytime we have taken the lead we drop points to Hearts and Killie.

The problem isn’t the fans, or the players skill levels what is lacking is they have not shown ONCE when it comes to the crunch that they can win a crucial match. They are repeatedly showing they bottle it and no amount of wishful thinking is going to stop that.
It is the players shitting their pants not the fans.

The team that are joint top are shitting it? Classic FF

Thank god for that!

I’m questioning the teams mentality, not throwing the toys out the pram. You’re insinuation that because the 8 in a row and recent treble treble winners dropped some points therefore we have little to worry about, is a massive over simplification by someone who doesn’t really seem to get how this whole football thing works and who clearly doesn’t understand why looking at past experience and results is very relevant.

Thank %^*& the schools are back tomorrow.

We constantly dropped points in the 08/09 season after going ahead in the league. Including going to Easter Road and drawing with 3 games remaining immediately after winning the Oldfirm game.

The Manager hasn't addressed the way we repeatedly start games, particularly away from home, and that concerns me. The lack of focus and concentration is appalling. We regularly gift the opposition chances when instead we should be stamping our authority. We did it again today against one of the worst Hearts sides in living memory and predictably conceded early in the game. It is basic unprofessionalism and cannot continue if we hope to win trophies, never mind a League title.

Exactly where did I state we continually choked in crunch games, you just put out a blanket statement that we NEVER failed to win a crunch game at any point of any season we’ve won the league.

Today was disappointing but it was hardly a crunch game in how you described it.

Let’s see what happens when the games to become crunch games and I’m going nowhere, pal.

No I didn’t, I said no Rangers team has repeatedly failed to win crunch games EVERY TIME THE PRESSURE WAS ON and still gone in to win the league.

Like I said, the ability to read things properly would be beneficial for you in future.

Wait until we draw or lose our next game.

The same posters getting themselves all stressed out.

We should beat every team in the league, home and away (bar them). But that’s not how it’s works, 99% of the time.

Chill, out.

Every poster here would have been more than content with our league position, at the start of the season.

Relax and grab a cuppa.

Wait until we draw or lose our next game.

The same posters getting themselves all stressed out.

We should beat every team in the league, home and away (bar them). But that’s not how it’s works, 99% of the time.

Chill, out.

Every poster here would have been more than content with our league position, at the start of the season.

Relax and grab a cuppa.

You’ve missed the point spectacularly. No one expects us to win every game outwith the OF matches. But we also don’t expect to slip up nearly every single time we have a chance to make some headway, which is what we keep doing. You seem to completely overlook that as though fans are demanding we take full points in every match that isn’t against the scum, but that’s not the case at all.

No I didn’t, I said no Rangers team has repeatedly failed to win crunch games EVERY TIME THE PRESSURE WAS ON and still gone in to win the league.

Like I said, the ability to read things properly would be beneficial for you in future.

We are 9 games into the season, we won a ‘crunch’ game two weeks ago to go top of the league, we didn’t win a ‘crunch’ game today so we now have to win a ‘crunch’ game next Sunday and more ‘crunch’ games throughout the season.

I suppose the games get crunchier as the season goes on.

You’ve missed the point spectacularly. No one expects us to win every game outwith the OF matches. But we also don’t expect to slip up nearly every single time we have a chance to make some headway, which is what we keep doing. You seem to completely overlook that as though fans are demanding we take full points in every match that isn’t against the scum, but that’s not the case at all.
No, I didn’t miss any point.

Your getting yourself all stressed out. It’s evident in your posts/rants.

No, stress. Chill out.

We constantly dropped points in the 08/09 season after going ahead in the league. Including going to Easter Road and drawing with 3 games remaining immediately after winning the Oldfirm game.

yes but to be fair that was a team that had been to a European final and fallen just shy of a quadruple due to cheating the previous year

its not a sane comparison

We have done NOTHING yet.
If we can't win League Cup we won't win league.
Another big game and we let ourselves down happening too often.
Confidence will return when we win a trophy.

I’m questioning the teams mentality, not throwing the toys out the pram. You’re insinuation that because the 8 in a row and recent treble treble winners dropped some points therefore we have little to worry about, is a massive over simplification by someone who doesn’t really seem to get how this whole football thing works and who clearly doesn’t understand why looking at past experience and results is very relevant.

Thank %^*& the schools are back tomorrow.

A team matching the scum who have had it all their own way for years should be encouraged to do better not gastigated. Your insinuation that we have little chance to overcome the odds to win the league is laughable, what year at school are you now?

Or we come back from conceding an early goal at a difficult away ground against an obviously determined opposition.

Is that not a response?

We're going to drop points across the season. This seems at odds with FF expectations.

A difficult away ground

How can you claim that when said team haven’t won a home league game in months?

We are 9 games into the season, we won a ‘crunch’ game two weeks ago to go top of the league, we didn’t win a ‘crunch’ game today so we now have to win a ‘crunch’ game next Sunday and more ‘crunch’ games throughout the season.

I suppose the games get crunchier as the season goes on.

We had a very favourable fixture at home to Hamilton and a boost with the scum dropping points shortly before kick off . I never saw that as a big banana peel, if we’d slipped up there then that really would look dire for us. But when Celtic go top and we go away from home knowing we need to win to return to top spot and we once against produce abject shite, then yes people are right to be concerned and to ask question.

I’m really not sure why some of you can’t wrap your head around that.

If we had Hamilton at home today and won 5 nil would that mean the team weren't bottlers?

We need to take a step back as well and take a deep breath. It was a poor display, no defending it but let's be honest, Tynecastle is a tough place to go and come back with 3 points. Doesn't matter what form they are in, 9/10 they raise their game 10 fold whenever us or the Tim's come to Tynecastle.

We've got a really tough schedule of games coming up until the end of the year now and a semi final in two weeks.

We will really know where this team is come the turn of the year.

If we had Hamilton at home today and won 5 nil would that mean the team weren't bottlers?

We need to take a step back as well and take a deep breath. It was a poor display, no defending it but let's be honest, Tynecastle is a tough place to go and come back with 3 points. Doesn't matter what form they are in, 9/10 they raise their game 10 fold whenever us or the Tim's come to Tynecastle.

We've got a really tough schedule of games coming up until the end of the year now and a semi final in two weeks.

We will really know where this team is come the turn of the year.
Good, post.

Ok , I've let the dust settle a bit before posting.
We don't have the mentality. You can be rest assured Gerrard demanded high energy, intensity from Kick off and never got it. We started like a team who didn't think we would have to work overly hard to win, and that it would come somehow. Dare I say it, the Bheggars would not have dropped points at Tynecastle today. This is the worst Hearts team I can remember since the 70's.
Tavernier is so weak at the moment, and costing us points. Ojo is like a man down, he is so easy to play against, he's a defenders dream, Arfield is being slotted in to the side as a first pick, wrongly.
We do not have a " win at all cost" mentality. We are quite soft and lack leadership and characters.

Ok , I've let the dust settle a bit before posting.
We don't have the mentality. You can be rest assured Gerrard demanded high energy, intensity from Kick off and never got it. We started like a team who didn't think we would have to work overly hard to win, and that it would come somehow. Dare I say it, the Bheggars would not have dropped points at Tynecastle today. This is the worst Hearts team I can remember since the 70's.
Tavernier is so weak at the moment, and costing us points. Ojo is like a man down, he is so easy to play against, he's a defenders dream, Arfield is being slotted in to the side as a first pick, wrongly.
We do not have a " win at all cost" mentality. We are quite soft and lack leadership and characters.
And yet we are joint top.

How bad must they be?

Chill.

And yet we are joint top.

How bad must they be?

Chill.

Christ you really don’t get it do you? We were joint top at January last year, fast forward a couple of months and the points difference was double figures. I’m not saying it’ll happen again, but given we’ve once again slipped up in in dire fashion in this sort of scenario, you must surely be able to understand why their mentality is being questioned? I mean think about it for a minute. It’ll always be questioned until they show they can go into these particularly high pressure games and grab the opportunity they have.

Christ you really don’t get it do you? We were joint top at January last year, fast forward a couple of months and the points difference was double figures. I’m not saying it’ll happen again, but given we’ve once again slipped up in in dire fashion in this sort of scenario, you must surely be able to understand why their mentality is being questioned? I mean think about it for a minute. It’ll always be questioned until they show they can go into these particularly high pressure games and grab the opportunity they have.
Mate, I’m used to your post match rants.

Drivel. As per.

You seem so, stressed. Keep some of it for the next dropped points.

Mate, I’m used to your post match rants.

Drivel. As per.

You seem so stressed. Keep some of it for the next dropped points.

tenor.gif

The Manager hasn't addressed the way we repeatedly start games, particularly away from home, and that concerns me. The lack of focus and concentration is appalling. We regularly gift the opposition chances when instead we should be stamping our authority. We did it again today against one of the worst Hearts sides in living memory and predictably conceded early in the game. It is basic unprofessionalism and cannot continue if we hope to win trophies, never mind a League title.

And even when we equalised & got back into the match I really thought we would take this second chance.

And they came out after the break & did the same. That made it even worse for me.

And these daft things you post.

Brutal, mate.

Relax.

That’s more or less what I imagine your reaction to be to the majority of what’s posted. You never make any reasoned point or back up anything you say, you never make any valid counter argument, you merely churn out some nonsensical pish and take off.

“Ayeee but naw, relax, have a cuppa”.

You should really be earning as an attorney.

Back