The teams mentality will be questioned - and rightly so

That’s more or less what I imagine your reaction to be to the majority of what’s posted. You never make any reasoned point or back up anything you say, you never make any valid counter argument, you merely churn out some nonsensical pish and take off.

“Ayeee but naw, relax, have a cuppa”.

You should really be earning as an attorney.
And you rant, pish. Every time we drop points. As if you are waiting for it?

Each to their own, I guess.

But I genuinely do believe a cup of tea would ease your obvious, stress.

Have a good day, mate.

Under normal circumstances a draw at Tynecastle wouldn’t be a disaster but the context of it is, in my view.
Mentality is the focus of this thread and mentally weak teams don’t tend to win leagues. This today was no better than failing to beat St Mirren or Hamilton away, Hearts are that bad.

We had a very favourable fixture at home to Hamilton and a boost with the scum dropping points shortly before kick off . I never saw that as a big banana peel, if we’d slipped up there then that really would look dire for us. But when Celtic go top and we go away from home knowing we need to win to return to top spot and we once against produce abject shite, then yes people are right to be concerned and to ask question.

I’m really not sure why some of you can’t wrap your head around that.

They had a favourable home game yesterday to go top just like we did two weeks ago and won just like we did.

They have a run of favourable home games over the next few weeks as well so I guess we’ll see if our team can win less favourable away games at the same time.

By the way I’m not questioning your point about our performance today, it is just too early in the season so let’s just see where we are after the game at the Piggery.

Proper questions can then be asked if we are lagging behind.

We always seem to be hesitant when up against the ‘ bigger ‘ clubs away from home. And this includes Hampden and it’s been going on for years. Almost as if there’s a lack of belief.
Nobody expects us to win every game but what we do expect is a bit of urgency and a bit of desire, which once again, was sadly lacking today.
I’m now thinking the upcoming semi final is not going to be the straightforward bye into the final I once thought it was.

We got in good areas, but so often our final ball was absolutely honking. Kent never got enough of the ball. Arfield is never a wide player and Tav, Kamara & Ojo are badly out of form. 3 huge games in the next few weeks in 3 different competitions and we simply must win the 2 domestic games and take something away at Porto to leave us in good shape going forward.

We shat the bed again when it came to staying at the top.
We never won the midfield battle and can not afford to start Kamara and Aribo both in the three.
Add Ojo to this and we have too many not commanding enough to win games.
As for the captain, he has had a poor season so far. Not sure what the answer is there.

I feared we would drop points today as this is what we do, any glimmer of a chance to show we have title credentials and we nearly always blow it.

Today we needed to start with a high tempo, pin them back and get their own fans on their back - it wouldn't have taken much. From there I'm confident we would have won that game.

Instead we started so slowly and sloppily, let them score and get their tails up and set the tone for a disappointing day.

If we had Hamilton at home today and won 5 nil would that mean the team weren't bottlers?

We need to take a step back as well and take a deep breath. It was a poor display, no defending it but let's be honest, Tynecastle is a tough place to go and come back with 3 points. Doesn't matter what form they are in, 9/10 they raise their game 10 fold whenever us or the Tim's come to Tynecastle.

We've got a really tough schedule of games coming up until the end of the year now and a semi final in two weeks.

We will really know where this team is come the turn of the year.

hearts haven’t won at home since March , have have managed 2 points out of 12 since the start of the season .

hearts haven’t won at home since March , have have managed 2 points out of 12 since the start of the season .

I know mate but if they played the way they played today they'd have 20 plus points.

They turn into Barcelona when us and Celtic come to Tynecastle. It's very rarely an easy game through there.

Drawing at Tyencastle wont cost us the title it'll be dropping points in other games at stupid places if it happens.

A poor young Hearts team at Tynecastle should have been three points for Rangers.
Ojo -is not up to hard work, SPL too hard, fast and rough tackling for him, send him home Jan(SG mistake)
Arfield - cannot play 2 good games in a row , 2 or 3 bad games in a row Yes.(Bench)
Aribo-lot better than Ojo but not the finished article,so will not be consistent enough.
Kamara- 50K purchase, barely raised his game above that price tag THIS season.inconsistent.
Tavernier,not same player going forward and now worse in defence,Liability.( Bench)
Goldson, average player at best,Liability. ( bring in Edmondson) wouldn't be any worse.
The squad is supposed be full of decent players.
Flanagan - hard tackler suited to SPL try him at RB.
Helender-Left sided player get him on the pitch with either Edmonson or Katic paired on right.
The six players mentioned Ojo to Goldson are not consistent or good enough to win the SPL remember last season we threw it away due to similar away performances to the one at Tynecastle.

We've rode our luck away from home this season. Today we were punished. Performances away from home other then the second half at McDiarmid Park have been poor.

Inability to up the tempo, failure to come out on top from the off, poor, costly defending. All seems to be a problem.

We had more at stake that Hearts today yet we failed to raise the bar. The questions asked of this squad and concerns of last season have been creeping into our game all season.

People are rightly concerned and our away fixtures coming up are brutal.

A poor young Hearts team at Tynecastle should have been three points for Rangers.
Ojo -is not up to hard work, SPL too hard, fast and rough tackling for him, send him home Jan(SG mistake)
Arfield - cannot play 2 good games in a row , 2 or 3 bad games in a row Yes.(Bench)
Aribo-lot better than Ojo but not the finished article,so will not be consistent enough.
Kamara- 50K purchase, barely raised his game above that price tag THIS season.inconsistent.
Tavernier,not same player going forward and now worse in defence,Liability.( Bench)
Goldson, average player at best,Liability. ( bring in Edmondson) wouldn't be any worse.
The squad is supposed be full of decent players.
Flanagan - hard tackler suited to SPL try him at RB.
Helender-Left sided player get him on the pitch with either Edmonson or Katic paired on right.
The six players mentioned Ojo to Goldson are not consistent or good enough to win the SPL remember last season we threw it away due to similar away performances to the one at Tynecastle.
Can’t argue with any of that

Or we come back from conceding an early goal at a difficult away ground against an obviously determined opposition.

Is that not a response?

We're going to drop points across the season. This seems at odds with FF expectations.

Stop talking sense mate.

More hysteria from this OP.

Tav is getting pelters and rightly so. But there are more urgent concerns that need to be addressed.
We were severely lacking any urgency throughout the team considering what was at stake. Yeah days like today happen, poor performances occur time to time.. But we just looked like a team who had nothing at stake.
The first half was shocking so was expecting them to get a kick up the arse from the gaffer. But if anything the urgency and desire was worse than the first half.
Fans will accept players being off form but they won’t accept players just going through the motions.

We always seem to be hesitant when up against the ‘ bigger ‘ clubs away from home. And this includes Hampden and it’s been going on for years. Almost as if there’s a lack of belief.
Nobody expects us to win every game but what we do expect is a bit of urgency and a bit of desire, which once again, was sadly lacking today.
I’m now thinking the upcoming semi final is not going to be the straightforward bye into the final I once thought it was.

Agree.

Today was a massive boost for their belief.

Tav is getting pelters and rightly so. But there are more urgent concerns that need to be addressed.
We were severely lacking any urgency throughout the team considering what was at stake. Yeah days like today happen, poor performances occur time to time.. But we just looked like a team who had nothing at stake.
The first half was shocking so was expecting them to get a kick up the arse from the gaffer. But if anything the urgency and desire was worse than the first half.
Fans will accept players being off form but they won’t accept players just going through the motions.

That was the biggest disappointment for me too S&J.

We got away with one after that first 30 minutes. Rangers teams normally take advantage of that. The fact we didn’t & didn’t even look like doing so is my biggest frustration from today.

We've rode our luck away from home this season. Today we were punished. Performances away from home other then the second half at McDiarmid Park have been poor.

Inability to up the tempo, failure to come out on top from the off, poor, costly defending. All seems to be a problem.

We had more at stake that Hearts today yet we failed to raise the bar. The questions asked of this squad and concerns of last season have been creeping into our game all season.

People are rightly concerned and our away fixtures coming up are brutal.

Good objective post. Our away form said that this was coming & it did today.

Stop talking sense mate.

More hysteria from this OP.

Sense, lol.

Piggy backing on him purely for going against what I said. You carry in jobbie polishing son, but then I suppose the downside for you being a wean is that you’re much more used to abject mediocrity than most of us and this find repeated failed attempts to capitalise more acceptable.

I was honestly worried when I saw our players faces in the tunnel, everyone of them looked like they were shitting there pants.

We're still a fairweather team unfortunately, great when the pressures off.
Reminds me of the Terry Hurlock post last week......oh to have him out there today,he would have thrived and won us the game

A huge issue since Warburton era has been the lack of real need to be a winner to be a 'legend'. We have some absolute losers in squad but they're NOT realising that the fans have changed and so has the manager.

We don't find the odd semi final appearance and 2nd or 3rd in league good enough any more.

Players who don't get that need benched and sold. As someone said earlier in thread that we needed mentality in summer not more technical skill or youthful promise.

There ARE solutions and options in this squad.
Tav-he has a lot of currency with many of our fans, but he needs dropped /rested, call it what you want. His set pieces and crossing is hit and miss.
Goldson-his distribution continues to cause us problems. Defence is unbalanced without Helander.
Midfield - we have no ball winner. Today we could have used Edmundson as a frontal sweeper.
Ojo-not cut out for away games. It's the best I can say about him.
Forward line. Kent and Morelos start automatically. On current form Stewart should get the other place.
There are a number of players who appear to be guaranteed a start, regardless.

Whilst Tynecastle isn't always an easy venue to go to and get a result, on this occasion Hearts had a number of their starters on the injured list, were in poor form, facing a Rangers team that were top of the league, surely this was an excellent chance to pick up a win. Yet despite holding all the high cards Rangers managed to blow it.

What is very concerning about this is that aside from the obvious defensive error by Tav, was the lack of energy, determination, creativity, will-to-win shown by Rangers. We saw a similar performance in the 2-0 loss to the bheasts, when going into the game we were confident of getting a result. Does this indicate a character flaw in this Rangers side? On-field errors can be corrected, but lack of heart, and lack of a killer instinct, are qualities that can't be taught yet they are essential attributes in any team that wins titles.

Our big players had done a lot during the international break and looked off the mark. The others did not step up and that's what was needed. Still a long way to go but generally we start to slow ,even at home . The only way for us to play in Scotland is on the front foot from the first minute.

Majority of you are a fucking disgrace in this thread.

One fucking game.

Don’t bother going to Porto or next Sunday then

It's not one game though is it? I'm assuming you have missed us bottle it after going top 3 times now over this season and last?

I'm assuming you seen us bottle it in cup semi finals and finals over the last few years also.

The Warburton mentality is still present amongst the squad and we will win nothing until it disappears.

I think the manager is getting sick of their loser mentality. I’m not sure it can be instilled if it’s not there.
I've said in conversation to friends and family, if this team can win the first trophy of the season then I think psychologically it will make a massive difference to the team. The problem looks like getting them to want that first trophy of the season.

We’ve looked great stroking it about the perfect Ibrox pitch on sunny August and September afternoons but most of the season is played on poor pitches in shite weather. We need to roll up the sleeves and battle for every point.

It's at the stage where every defeat or draw is just down to a lack of mentality or bottle.

We'll talk about that in May, it's October Christ.

There's 3 or 4 footballing issues that need sorted immediately.

How you doing fella?

Good to see a calm head arrive on the forum amongst the madness.

It's not one game though is it? I'm assuming you have missed us bottle it after going top 3 times now over this season and last?

I'm assuming you seen us bottle it in cup semi finals and finals over the last few years also.

The Warburton mentality is still present amongst the squad and we will win nothing until it disappears.
It's not the same team though? The 11s in those games were very different to today's team.

Once again we go top, and blow it in the next game. No urgency, no control and another howler to let the opposition steal a point.

A title winning team should be laying siege to their goal in that second half, especially at the end, but what we got was passive, turgid crap with zero urgency. As long as we’re doing this after we go top, our mentality will rightly be questioned.
How did we get to the top in the first place?
If there was a mentality question, would it not have been apparent in the game that got us to the top?
If not, would it be worth considering as a defence to your assertion?

I was honestly worried when I saw our players faces in the tunnel, everyone of them looked like they were shitting there pants.

We're still a fairweather team unfortunately, great when the pressures off.
Can't agree m8 , we had no fire in our belly and were too placid but I didn't see fear, maybe complacent.

How did we get to the top in the first place?
If there was a mentality question, would it not have been apparent in the game that got us to the top?
If not, would it be worth considering as a defence to your assertion?

We had Hamilton at home to go top with the filth having unexpectedly dropped points right before our kick off. We had a perfect fixture at home and no time to dwell on their result.

I’m not sure why people are intent on trying to defend this recurring theme, we had a trickier fixture this time with a day of knowing we’d need to win to stay top and we produced that abject gutless shite, again. When you factor in Hearts home form it’s even more concerning.

There isn’t really a debate to be had here, we rarely capitalise, and then there’s our performance in the cups. The greater the significance of the game the less likely we are to get a result.

Back