The Tenement Bar Partick

A place I loved to visit before and after games. Well run (by one of our own) and welcoming. Unfortunately AK had to give up the lease couple of weeks back. Now ran by a tim from the Drum. Tentatively ventured back in today for the first time since AK left. Place was dead. Got wind a few tims were in for the semi earlier in the afternoon. It was the ONLY game that was advertised on the chalkboards outside despite Liverpool v Chelsea and others being on. We stayed for one and left. Also was a rammy outside last night as the new guy let all the young team in...and the inevitable happened. Whole atmosphere of the place has changed...for the worst. Big GW behind the bar has been told he's down to one shift a week from 4 and ready to leave. The other girls (bar one) have been let go). New guy stood behind the bar playing on his phone the whole time we were in. I'll not be back and most of the guys in our Club are of the same mind. Just my thoughts but one bears who used this shop might be interested in.
Maybe they'll, send a few of their mates around from the Dolphin to help him out. :eek:

It's never really been the same since the glory days of the Ettrick.

Went in a few times as The Tenement and was a decent enough atmosphere but the place needs modernised and upgraded in general.

Back