The Tenement in Partick

Broomhill Loyal

The new tenant of the Tenement has had a lot of bad press on here. Many people have said its no longer a rangers boozer. True he’s a Tim but he’s determined not to change the Tenement from what Kel built up. The party tunes were blasting out after the game on Sunday and he’s offered to make Erskine the preferred charity of the pub. Give him a chance I say

For some reason this puts me in mind of the wee beady-eyed manager of the Hayburn before it got flipped.

Never saw him smile once - Probably quite hard when the entire place was rocking, full of bears!

For some reason this puts me in mind of the wee beady-eyed manager of the Hayburn before it got flipped.

Never saw him smile once - Probably quite hard when the entire place was rocking, full of bears!
Was he not binned for stealing? Sure it was something along those lines.

The new tenant of the Tenement has had a lot of bad press on here. Many people have said its no longer a rangers boozer. True he’s a Tim but he’s determined not to change the Tenement from what Kel built up. The party tunes were blasting out after the game on Sunday and he’s offered to make Erskine the preferred charity of the pub. Give him a chance I say
Sorry not for me when I'm up in Glasgow I used to go to the tenement pre or post match sometimes both as you said in your post he's a tim went to the louden for the scum game it was rammed but got a drink no problem.So in future my blue pounds will be going to the louden I've no wish to line a tims pocket.

Sounds Noble enough, but he'd be off his head to change it anyway when it had built up a good wee crowd. I've been in once since it was taken over and there were about half a dozen punters on a Friday night (granted that was just at the start of the new ownership). Stumps has always been a good wee boozer and my old man's pub of choice, plus it's just been done up and is pretty smart inside now so it's even more competitive in that area.

Use it or lose it!, make it a rock solid Gers shop as this guy won't be around for ever!

Stumps used to be owned by a Tim years ago and nobody bothered, every bluenose pub in Partick has tims as regulars at normal times.

The bigger picture is keeping what we have or lose it, look around and think of all the bluenose shops that are no more..

No Surrender!

That to me is really weird but it's staggering what some people will do for money.

I couldn't last 2 minutes in one of their slop houses.

I'm guessing that the guy in question probably doesn't care that much about religion and/or football. He's there to make money, so he's not going to start by alienating his core customer base.

It's not like big Rab from the Louden suddenly taking over the Tall Cranes and then firing up the IRA tunes.

Can't remember the guys name but always thought he was a decent guy, stayed next to and drank in the pub for years and never saw him or any of the staff pull anyone up for singing or noise in general.

Personally not a chance I would be lining some tims pocket, spend it in pubs we run

Can't remember the guys name but always thought he was a decent guy, stayed next to and drank in the pub for years and never saw him or any of the staff pull anyone up for singing or noise in general.
He took it well but did lose his shit on a couple of occasions haha!

His bird worked along side him fro a while, she was a bit more difficult from what I remember.

Well he's told you the polar opposite of what he told me. Told me it's no longer going to be a football boozer with no colours permitted. By all accounts he's changed his mind on numerous occasions. I went in a few times after kel left but moved to pastures new as it doesn't feel right anymore. The Rosevale is my preferred pub now

Paul Gallagher was his name, I can assure you he hated us but was happy taking the blue pound!

Now a postie in Clydebank I hear

He took it well but did lose his shit on a couple of occasions haha!

His bird worked along side him fro a while, she was a bit more difficult from what I remember.
His name was Paul and he got her up the duff. Think her name was Lisa and you’re right she was sour faced but pretty, for the Hayburn!
Paul used to pass out bottles of cheap champagne when the Bears one the league or cups and used to let us sing the “ shoe sing”

That lot would sell their soul for money, imagine taking over a boozer and having their IRA tunes blaring out?

People wont want to fill one of their pockets and i can see why!

A mate of mine from Barrhead told me that the Brigg Bar there is infested with mentally challengeds and the guy who runs it is at Ibrox every home game. It would appear that money talks.

His name was Paul and he got her up the duff. Think her name was Lisa and you’re right she was sour faced but pretty, for the Hayburn!
Paul used to pass out bottles of cheap champagne when the Bears one the league or cups and used to let us sing the “ shoe sing”
That "champagne" was sticky as fck and ruined more than one pair of trainers.

That "champagne" was sticky as fck and ruined more than one pair of trainers.
Stuck to the floor and the ceiling, so much so that I can mind the wee mosaic tiles coming up due to my soles being so sticky, can’t recall if anyone even drank the rancid stuff but I doubt it.

Use it or lose it!, make it a rock solid Gers shop as this guy won't be around for ever!

Stumps used to be owned by a Tim years ago and nobody bothered, every bluenose pub in Partick has tims as regulars at normal times.

The bigger picture is keeping what we have or lose it, look around and think of all the bluenose shops that are no more..

No Surrender!

I very rarely go to pubs but it is clear there are more mentally challenged places popping up at a mildly alarming rate.

I would agree with above post.

Keep it a pub full of bluenose regulars otherwise the tims will take it over too.

I can't believe the state of the merchant city now with that Connolly's absolutely infested with scum on Sunday.

Tims have been prolific in running bars in Glasgow, if you check the Boardrooms of Ibrox and the Bheggerdome, Rangers board was full of business people, Gentry, Lord Provosts, etc.
Septic FC was full of people who owned bars.
Quite different now they realised that you need politicians in place.

I might give it a go, this was our preferred pub of choice before & after games, it was quite sad being in there on the last night AK had it .
The television,s were switched off & the bar staff , well we had built up a bit of a rapport with them.
So we had to find another, Vicky ok but a bit on the small side ,it was rammed on Sunday & had to leave, so we went round to the Bowling club it was fine but lacked a bit of atmosphere
We do use Stumps sometimes but again before match days it's very busy & quite small, although after the games midweek it's fine
Not been in the Rosevale or the Windsor for years but might give them a go

I remember that lady's front bottom Paul at the Hayburn. That was about 20 years ago before I emigrated. Couldn't stand him and I could tell he was just putting up with us but didn't want us there.

Well he's told you the polar opposite of what he told me. Told me it's no longer going to be a football boozer with no colours permitted. By all accounts he's changed his mind on numerous occasions. I went in a few times after kel left but moved to pastures new as it doesn't feel right anymore. The Rosevale is my preferred pub now

Bar staff who have been there for a good while and all season ticket holders say it's business as usual as long as bears support the place!

The New Regent, now just the Regent on Pollokshaws Rd was for many years run by a Tim, he also owned the Imperial just off St Enoch Square. J.L ran a tight ship, I recall celebrating 9 in a row in there well past closing time.

A mate of mine from Barrhead told me that the Brigg Bar there is infested with mentally challengeds and the guy who runs it is at Ibrox every home game. It would appear that money talks.

Correct.

A once mixed boozer turned into a mentally challenged slophouse.

The owner, one of the top Masons in Scotland and executive shareholder at Ibrox.
He's sold his soul to the devil and fu.ck him.

You can run but you can't hide.

The Vogue in Rutherglen was taken over by the guy who owns the Quarry. A good few tims left and started drinking at Chapmans, but many have came back, because the new owner has been as good as his word and has kept things as they were. He has even installed new tricolour ceiling lights.

I very rarely go to pubs but it is clear there are more mentally challenged places popping up at a mildly alarming rate.

Keep it a pub full of bluenose regulars otherwise the tims will take it over too.

I can't believe the state of the merchant city now with that Connolly's absolutely infested with scum on Sunday.

Thats because the paedo pubs in the city centre do a better job of attracting normal punters when theres no football whether that be office workers on their lunch break or people coming or going to gigs etc .

That's something "our pubs" have struggled with, Look at Annie Millers , was in a prime city centre location but was an absolute dive to be quite honest

Thats because the paedo pubs in the city centre do a better job of attracting normal punters when theres no football whether that be office workers on their lunch break or people coming or going to gigs etc .

That's something "our pubs" have struggled with, Look at Annie Millers , was in a prime city centre location but was an absolute dive to be quite honest
Annies wasnt in a prime position at all. It was sited in a pish-stained lane off the beaten track of the main city centre and was a dive to boot.

I thought that guy Brian (glow) Matthews had that place before it was Connellys (not 100%), it is depressing seeing it right across from O'Neils, city centre has far too many of their pubs for my liking.

The Vogue in Rutherglen was taken over by the guy who owns the Quarry. A good few tims left and started drinking at Chapmans, but many have came back, because the new owner has been as good as his word and has kept things as they were. He has even installed new tricolour ceiling lights.
The Vogue is far worse now than when the guys who have the Quarry took over, at one time the lounge was more amateur football punters mainly and a good few blue noses frequented but the whole pub is now a rhebel dive as far as I'm aware.

Not my area so not somewhere i’ll Be going but you might want to ask him why he converses on Twitter with (but fails to challenge) bigots who call us ‘Huns’. The tweets were on a thread here weeks ago.

If he can’t answer that I’m not sure he’s deserving of a chance.

The Vogue is far worse now than when the guys who have the Quarry took over, at one time the lounge was more amateur football punters mainly and a good few blue noses frequented but the whole pub is now a rhebel dive as far as I'm aware.

I could never understand the attraction of the back lounge to the groups of players on a Saturday evening, even Airdrie’s Glasgow based players drank in it (Sandy Stewart included) after games.

I haven’t been in for years, only getting second hand reports from folk I know, but like most pubs it will be struggling a bit and will most likely be down to its core element (all mentally challengeds) keeping it going.

The fxcking Evening Times have been giving a that Malones in the Lane pub free advertisements for weeks, saying it’s a great rooftop pub. All the wee office birds would have been going in there all week for a tan and a drink.

Correct.

A once mixed boozer turned into a mentally challenged slophouse.

The owner, one of the top Masons in Scotland and executive shareholder at Ibrox.
He's sold his soul to the devil and fu.ck him.

You can run but you can't hide.
Plus point no poet pound going to the Ira

Back