The 'tense' Steven Gerrard look worrying Rangers hero Brian Laudrup as he shares his key concern

On field leadership could be what defines our season and Gerrard continuing as our manager or not!

It is interesting that we don’t seem to have these moments in European football so far. A conclusion you might reach is that certain players eg Goldson are far too casual in domestic games (perhaps because they feel above that level). If that is the case they need to get it clear in their heads that they are not above this level and can have no such thoughts until they win the league and other trophies (even then, complacency is always a dangerous mindset).
I dont think their too casual domestically. I'd say it's the exact opposite. Cagey. No one wants to be the one to make a mistake so they stop taking the risks required to win a match.

Needs to win at least one trophy this season or questions are entitled to be asked.

Disagree, he needed to win a trophy in his first or second season. That no longer cuts it. Nothing but the league title should see him keep his job.

Other than them name a manager that would win us the league, within our means. I bet you can't.

It’s not the fans’ job to do that though.

As soon as you get to that stage of an argument, just give up. It’s honestly the most deranged question you see on here, it’s amusing actually.

There’s people at the club paid six figure salaries every year to decide on new managers, new players, new whatever needed when required.

The idea that you can’t criticise a manger or player without having a replacement in mind is genuinely brainless.

As soon as you get to that stage of an argument, just give up. It’s honestly the most deranged question you see on here, it’s amusing actually.

There’s people at the club paid six figure salaries every year to decide on new managers, new players, new whatever needed when required.

The idea that you can’t criticise a manger or player without having a replacement in mind is genuinely brainless.
I think when they say it they think it works like Kryptonite on Superman. We do not pick we just give opinions.

Not entirely buying that.

We should not have needed to be worried about 2 thugs NOT getting sent off! A game stars 11 v 11

Offside absolutely however it came from our own mistake from a player who has previous And never been dropped for it.

We aren’t looking at a new team and a settling in period this is the same pattern time and time again. And I absolutely do not want a manager slumped like he was on Sunday I want this
EHPGv29X4AIhoks.jpg
0ECFBDC1-6E3D-4932-8664-AC872389B54C.gif.d99f1a8fe56d5b5b13ba0f87382dab1d.gif
Mentioned this exact point after the Hibs game and got all the usual “official does his job we win the game” carry on. If we rely on incompetent idiots to help us out, or even to do their job properly, we will find that results like Easter Road will become more common.

We had ample opportunity to win that game and fluffed our chances. And as you rightly point out, their second comes from a complete car crash across our back line, Goldson “does his job” and boots the ball onto Princes Street and the defence isn’t caught on their heels. It’s all too familiar a story and sadly the story doesn’t end with trophies in the cabinet.

Reminds me of politics this one.
The fans are like the opposition party.
All mouth without the responsibility or accountability.

If we don't win on Sunday then we can forget it once again because it will be the same old story.

It is interesting that we don’t seem to have these moments in European football so far. A conclusion you might reach is that certain players eg Goldson are far too casual in domestic games (perhaps because they feel above that level). If that is the case they need to get it clear in their heads that they are not above this level and can have no such thoughts until they win the league and other trophies (even then, complacency is always a dangerous mindset).
One of Tavernier’s most quoted errors was against Young Boys away, which was fair comment.
Trying to keep possession and start the next attack whilst at 1-1 and in injury time wasn’t the correct thing to do, unless it works!
Another against YB at home that I can’t remember his contribution.
Another was against Leverkusen but I think he’d been subbed by then!

We pay the club plenty of cash to be allowed an opinion on what’s happening.

You don’t need to have the next manager lined up in your head before coming to the conclusion that, domestically at least, we deserve a bit better.

It's a fair question! If you want rid, at least have an idea of a manager that can do what is wanted. It's not criticism, it's wanting rid without a thought!

We never seem to be able to get out of these difficult grounds with a positive result which definitely points to a mentality thing. We desperately need a trophy to change that and swing it for these players. Most of this squad have never won anything and that is most evident after 2 full seasons

You're not paid to criticise either, but that doesn't stop you.
I spend a decent proportion of my income following the club , I believe that gives me every right to criticise.
and for the record you didn’t answer the question , how long do you believe it is acceptable to go without winning a trophy?

Last edited:

Why is a deranged question? No one is expecting you to actually appoint a manager but it is a discussion board.

Is it brainless to talk about specific players we would like in our midfield and who should replace Alfie? Or should I simply state that I want a 50-goal-a-season striker and a Souness-type in the middle of the park.

People can really defensive when questioned about a manager.

This reminded me of politics too mate. Specifically the ability to deflect from the issue (the (till now) lack of domestic progress and serious challenge for silverware) by turning focus elsewhere (some random fan’s pick for Rangers manager)!

Ultimately it doesn’t matter who the fans want, people ask that question as though there isn’t a planet full of football coaches with more experience and know how than a relative novice. Even then I did provide someone with a few names when asked and was then met with silence so I suppose if a fan does offer a few sensible suggestions that’s the game up.

Anyway, Laudrup has definitely mentioned things that would have gotten the tired ‘panywetter’ retorts had it not been himself, I thought it was funny to see some of chief happyclappers who are on every bit of negativity like ants on a snickers, decide to duck this one, that’s all. For me it’s early days in the season, nothing’s lost and we can still do it, but I wish people would stop getting on at fans for rightly (and naturally) feeling concerned about the early signs of familiar patterns that ultimately lead to failure.

Y
I spend a decent proportion of my income following the club , I believe that gives me every right to criticise.
and for the record you didn’t answer the question , how long do you believe it is acceptable to go without winning a trophy?
You didn't answer mine either! There are guys earning 6 figure sums to work that out... And I travel from London every week to see Rangers normally. So if it's a pissing contest.

Y
You didn't answer mine either! There are guys earning 6 figure sums to work that out... And I travel from London every week to see Rangers normally. So if it's a pissing contest.
What question did I not answer?
And who even suggested a contest , I suggested my reason for the right to criticise , I wasn’t even questioning your situation.

We
We won at all of them last season.
We also dropped points at Rugby park, Pittodrie last season aswell, the season before we dropped points at them all

Theres absolutely no denying theres a mentality problem any slight hint of pressure this team fold

Not entirely buying that.

We should not have needed to be worried about 2 thugs NOT getting sent off! A game stars 11 v 11

Offside absolutely however it came from our own mistake from a player who has previous And never been dropped for it.

We aren’t looking at a new team and a settling in period this is the same pattern time and time again. And I absolutely do not want a manager slumped like he was on Sunday I want this
EHPGv29X4AIhoks.jpg
0ECFBDC1-6E3D-4932-8664-AC872389B54C.gif.d99f1a8fe56d5b5b13ba0f87382dab1d.gif
The most sensible post on this forum

What question did I not answer?
And who even suggested a contest , I suggested my reason for the right to criticise , I wasn’t even questioning your situation.
You didn't answer the question re the replacement manager. See how this works! I'm not getting into a spat about it mate. We think differently and that's fine. Take it easy.

Back