The third goal today

insanicdrunk

Just watching the highlights again and all three goals are different class. I've said before that you need to watch our goals a couple of times to get a true picture of the goal as there are usually many different parts that contribute to the goal.

For the third goal, Aribo plays a pass to Alfredo, just at the half way line, in our half. Alfie is occupying three of their players, so when he plays the ball to kent, who passes to Aribo who has kept moving, there are now 5 st Mirren players in a small area, giving us so much room. Half the team out the game.

Alfie to Kent

ZHikmus.jpg

Kent to Aribo

v0NbFtd.jpg

I’ve never seen a season from any team that has the amount of quality goals we have scored this season and the variation. We genuinely have scored 8+ goals that would win GOTS most years. Roofes is out in front but the standard of goals we have produced this season is insane.

It was a cracker great through pass cancelling out two defenders.

Had to wait till tonight to see it as Gers TV was tempermental today

what slightly annoyed me with RTV and Sportscene was concentrating on kamara's pass to morelos ignoring hagi's pass to kamara. I thought Hagi was class today.

Replays are always like that, it's the last pass that 'makes' the goal. Sames as the other week, Hagi gets the ball and turns while receiving it and makes the goal, but he wasn't the last pass.

I think we 'found' Hagi a lot more than we have he is always in space.

Some people may disagree but I actually think we could play the ball forward quicker at times. I think we sometimes overplay and refuse easier passes through the middle to play the ball wide to a full back. I understand this is part of our way of playing but I think we could keep it central more often and we'd see good results.

The third goal was the one that stood out for me today and it was purely down to Hagi. I've had a feeling that he's been trying too hard since signing for us and trying too hard too make an impression. I have kept saying he needs to stop trying to force things and play his natural game and we'll see a better Hagi.

His goal today was the perfect example of that. Earlier in the season I think he hits it first time and he might score or it might hit the defender or be saved. For yesterdays goal though, he took a touch, stayed calm (a little bit of arrogance), let the defenders/keeper make their move then just smashed it into the open net. I loved it.

Some people may disagree but I actually think we could play the ball forward quicker at times. I think we sometimes overplay and refuse easier passes through the middle to play the ball wide to a full back. I understand this is part of our way of playing but I think we could keep it central more often and we'd see good results.

The third goal was the one that stood out for me today and it was purely down to Hagi. I've had a feeling that he's been trying too hard since signing for us and trying too hard too make an impression. I have kept saying he needs to stop trying to force things and play his natural game and we'll see a better Hagi.

His goal today was the perfect example of that. Earlier in the season I think he hits it first time and he might score or it might hit the defender or be saved. For yesterdays goal though, he took a touch, stayed calm (a little bit of arrogance), let the defenders/keeper make their move then just smashed it into the open net. I loved it.

I agree with the speed of the pass going forward, but who are we to argue they are doing no bad!

I forgot to touch on the actual goal, it was very well taken, great composure, when you see it from behind, it's a tight squeeze between the post and the back of the defender.

Just watching the highlights again and all three goals are different class. I've said before that you need to watch our goals a couple of times to get a true picture of the goal as there are usually many different parts that contribute to the goal.

For the third goal, Aribo plays a pass to Alfredo, just at the half way line, in our half. Alfie is occupying three of their players, so when he plays the ball to kent, who passes to Aribo who has kept moving, there are now 5 st Mirren players in a small area, giving us so much room. Half the team out the game.

Alfie to Kent

ZHikmus.jpg

Kent to Aribo

v0NbFtd.jpg
Not playing for me

what slightly annoyed me with RTV and Sportscene was concentrating on kamara's pass to morelos ignoring hagi's pass to kamara. I thought Hagi was class today.
Ye Ubik he linked it and was the player who drew multiple players into him and nutmegs the guy to release to the outside via GK.
The third goal was a variation in that Fred goes deep so deep he is in our half and has McCarthy and two orhers I think within a few yards of him one marking RK but he blasts past him the way any forward would and the Paisley Pricks are now exposed man on .

i also think that although we play with three forwards we are often opening up opportunities for a front two and the third is elsewhere Developing the chance and space with other team members .

none of these things happen by accident this is not coincidence even for people who believe in that

I agree with the speed of the pass going forward, but who are we to argue they are doing no bad!

I forgot to touch on the actual goal, it was very well taken, great composure, when you see it from behind, it's a tight squeeze between the post and the back of the defender.

Yeah I feel daft saying it at times but I think it would help us.

I actually think Davis is the worst for it, especially in Europe. I think a lot of potential counter attacks are stopped because of his overly safe passing but that's probably a different debate for a different thread.

Yeah I feel daft saying it at times but I think it would help us.

I actually think Davis is the worst for it, especially in Europe. I think a lot of potential counter attacks are stopped because of his overly safe passing but that's probably a different debate for a different thread.

On Davis, when he went off, the attacks dropped off, though this could be because we were 3-0 up and cruising, but it was something I noticed. I do agree with you though. Sometimes I'd liked to learn more, because no matter what I'm looking at it with a fans perspective, where as Walter Smith could be sitting watching it thinking that we are controlling it perfectly.

On Davis, when he went off, the attacks dropped off, though this could be because we were 3-0 up and cruising, but it was something I noticed. I do agree with you though. Sometimes I'd liked to learn more, because no matter what I'm looking at it with a fans perspective, where as Walter Smith could be sitting watching it thinking that we are controlling it perfectly.

Davis is incredible at controlling a game, I've no complaints about him. My only (slight) issue is that he doesn't take advantage of counter attacking opportunities as he is more interested in keeping the ball.

What he's doing is clearly working, and working well, but I just feel passing it forward quicker one or two more times per game could give us a lot of joy.

A goal which summed up our best parts.

A solid defence, that also have an eye on starting a counter attack.

Fast, quick build up play.

And composure in the final third.

A truly brilliant goal.

Sensational goal. Didn't wanna make another thread so sorry to hijack, but I also thought Helander in that first half was tremendous. He's an unbelievable defender.

We've scored some amount of team goals this season. Alfie and Aribo won't get an *assist" for that goal, but they were as much as involved as Kent.
We've scored a lot of similar goals this season.
There is such a thing as a second assist though. Basically assisting the assist

After that I was right get J Mac in goals, get big Shirley in give Borna a break, give whoever else is close to 10 apps to get them a medal.

Amazing times for us just really gotta enjoy it.

Watched the move and prayed we scored. It was absolute quality.

There was another one in the 2nd half alfie got the ball well inside our own half. Laid it off and went motoring forward 2 passes later he is played in and to be fair the defender covered well. The movement at times is unreal

Back